Monday, October 21, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 233. Challenges

   Evening has fallen on Adam's Landing, and at The Farm, Frank, Cale, Allison, Bree, Andy, and Mary sit inside the living room, as they all reminisce of their time with Ruth. Frank tells everyone "I can't believe what happened earlier at Mama's Funeral." Mary tells her Nephew "I have never saw anything like it. I really hope   that all of you can do as Ruth says and come together." Bree looks at her Great-Aunt, and tells her "I think a new era has started for our family." Cale looks around, and holds Allison's hand, and tells his family "I couldn't believe Summer and that Rachel Lane showed up." Frank rolls his eyes, as he tells his Son "Ava was ready to kill both of them. She would have too if she could have." Mary looks at everyone, and tells them "Ava took after Ruth in many ways, but she's got Brock's temper." Bree laughs "Aunt Ava's in a league of her own." Mary agrees with Bree, and looks at her watch, and tells everyone "I need to go to my room and call home. I will be in Adam's Landing for a few more days before I head back to Unity." Frank tells his Aunt "I read about Lynn and Clair in The Exposer. I imagine you're having a hard time with that." Mary looks at her Nephew, and tells him "I would prefer not to talk about that. Lynn has broke my heart, and that's all I can really say." Mary hugs everyone, as she heads to The Sunset Club, and Frank turns to Andy and asks him "What did Aunt Mary tell you after Mama's Funeral?" Andy looks at his Uncle, and tell them "I think I may have a job. She offered me the reverend's seat at her church in Unity." Bree, Frank, Cale, and Allison all congratulate Andy, and he tells them "Don't get too excited yet. I'm debating if I'm taking it. I told her I would get back to her on the offer." Frank tells his Nephew "If Aunt Mary offers you something like that, you take it." Bree agrees with Frank, and Cale and Allison both tell him "You could work wonders for her church and bring some credibility back after Lynn's affair with Clair." Andy tells them "It's going to be very difficult to do. That's a large church, and scandals like that can destroy a church. Also add that my last name and relations won't work in my favor." Bree assures her Cousin "This is what you've wanted for a long time. Take it." Everyone agrees, as Andy silently considers it.
   At Hell Hill, Xavier and Leigh sits in the living room, as Xavier looks at his Wife, and tells her "So we have this house all to ourselves. Princess is watching Gracie and Xavier Jr, and.." Leigh looks at her Husband, and tells him "Are you thinking what I think you are X?" Xavier kisses Leigh, and whispers "Let's take advantage of our quiet time my love." Leigh tells Xavier "I'm worried about Sully. She has her hands full watching Gracie and Xavier Jr. Jared's at City Hospital with Winston, and he's not there to help her out." Xavier reminds his Wife "Grandma's across the hall. I'm sure she will help Sully if she asks." Leigh takes a deep breath, and Xavier tells her "I think you worry too much." Leigh is shocked, as she tells Xavier "Really X? You worry a hell of a lot more than I do." Xavier grabs Leigh's hand, and laughs "Maybe so. But our children are safe, we are together, and we never know if this is it. Let's enjoy ourselves." Leigh looks at Xavier, and he kisses her, and Xavier and Leigh heads upstairs, and once inside the bedroom, Xavier and Leigh kisses, as they undress each other, and jumps onto the bed, as they make love.
   Meanwhile at The Evans Home, Willie, Aretha, Rashad, and Sayyid sits in the living room, as Aretha tells her family "I can't believe that bitch has the gall to show up at Ruth's Funeral. She best pray I don't see her on the street, because I'm beating her ass into the ground." Willie looks at Aretha, and sighs "I think you need to cool out! I think Rachel got the point today. I think all of us learned something today." Aretha looks at her Mother, and tells her "I doesn't even seem real." Willie agrees, as she pulls out her cards, and Rashad tells his Grandmother, Mother, and Great-Uncle "I think I'm heading upstairs to check on my Son. I'll pass on Grandma's version of blackjack." Sayyid sits quietly, as he is distant, and Willie tells her Brother "Clem, we have a rematch." Willie looks at Aretha, and tells her Daughter "I think we also have a rematch as well." Aretha rolls her eyes, and tells her Mother "I'm checking on Little Sidney. I thought I told you I was done with blackjack." Willie looks at Aretha, as she heads upstairs, and rolls her eyes, and quips "That child's plotting something. Rachel may have met her match now." Sayyid doesn't respond, and Willie asks her Brother "You sure been quiet Clem. What are you thinking about?" Sayyid looks at his Sister, and tells her "I can't get that Andre out of my head. Something's setting off alarms in my mind with him." Willie looks at her Brother, and tells him "You are worrying too much about him. Why are you obsessing over him so much Clem? You never do this." Sayyid looks at Willie, and confides "It's the last name, Parks. I knew a family in L.A. by the last name of Parks." Willie quips "There's Rosa Parks also Clem. Where are you going with this?" Sayyid looks down, and tells Willie "I knew a couple in South Central that were some of the nicest people, and they had a child." Willie takes her glasses off, and tells Sayyid in a suspicious tone "Clemmon Ross, I know when you're jumping around stones. You are being very vague." Sayyid looks at Willie, and tells his Sister "I don't want to say anything yet Willie. I want facts and proof first. Afterwards, I will tell you." Sayyid heads upstairs, and Willie thinks for a moment, and asks herself "Could he? No. Not Clem."
   At The Sunset Club, Nathan, Andre, and Rose sits in his suite, as they all smoke marijuana, and Nathan tells them, in a dazed state "Was today a dream? Did I really see a ghost?" Rose tells him "I saw her too Nathan." Nathan looks at Rose, and laughs "Well we were both high earlier today also Rose. We could have been hallucinating." Rose looks at Nathan, and tells him "If we were hallucinating, then everyone else was as well. I only know of a few stoners at my Great Aunt's Funeral." Andre looks at Nathan and Rose, and asks them "What did you see?" Nathan tells him "Ruth Jackson made an appearance at her own funeral. Very surreal." Andre laughs, and asks "Was she on a cloud?" Nathan tells Andre "No. This shit was real as hell. I never believed in ghosts until today." Rose tells Nathan and Andre "I was raised to believe there was no such thing as ghosts. I can promise this though, I'll never stay a night at Hell Hill." Nathan laughs "That makes two of us." Meanwhile someone knocks on the door, and yells "Nathan. I need to talk to you now!" Nathan has an angry look, as does Rose, as Nathan lets Rachel inside, and she wraps her arms around Nathan and kisses him, and asks him in a seductive tone "Did today turn you on Nathan? I was a bad girl." Rose yells at Rachel "You have no damn respect Rachel! How could you bring cameras to someone's funeral?" Rachel turns her nose up to Rose, and asks her "Don't you have a bible to read? Where's your girlfriend? Oh yeah, at work." Nathan looks at Rachel, as he pushes her off of him, and tells her "Xavier was right about you. Right on!" Rachel gets defensive, and yells "Xavier and his family want me dead! They don't want me to be happy!" Andre takes a toke from his blunt, and sighs "This shit's about to get deep. I'm gone." Andre heads out, and Rose stands by Nathan, and angrily snaps at Rachel "After what you pulled today, no wonder this town hates you so much." Rachel looks at Rose, and hisses "Don't talk to me Rose. Leave Nathan and I alone. He's going to punish me and I want to be punished." Nathan quips "You're delusional bitch. I have no desire to be with you. You are one self-absorbed whore Rachel. And anyone who'd crash a funeral for someone as beloved as Ruth Jackson deserves pity." Rachel slaps Nathan, and yells "I think you should let my cameraman videotape us sometime and let your new family watch. Then you will understand." Rose yells at Rachel "How about you get the hell out of here? Nathan's clearly not interested in you." Rachel looks at Rose, and laughs "And he'd be interested in you? The preacher's daughter? The same preacher that's bedding his Mother?" Nathan yells at Rachel "Get the hell out of here!" Rachel looks at Nathan, and Rose, and sighs "Ok losers, I will leave. Nathan, you really lost out." Nathan points at the door, as Rachel walks out, and Rose asks Nathan "What did you see in her?" Nathan answers "A piece of ass. Nothing more. Nothing less." Rose quips "You are really blunt." Nathan shrugs, and looks at Rose, and tells her, as he stares into her eyes "I want a real woman, not a pariah." Rose stares at Nathan intently, as Nathan touches Rose's face, and kisses her. Rose doesn't back away, and returns the kiss. Nathan holds onto Rose, as they try to contain their attraction to each other, and they give into passion, as Nathan and Rose jumps onto his bed, and they begin to have sex.
   At City Hospital, Jared and Country stands inside Winston's room, as he's been admitted, and Terrance walks inside, and tells them "Have either of you called Ava?" Jared tells Terrance "She should be here shortly." Ava walks inside, and sees Winston in the hospital bed, as he's quiet, and Terrance tells Ava "He's been placed on a ventilator. The MRIs indicated a brain tumor." Ava is despondent, and Jared asks Terrance "How bad is it?" Terrance tells Jared "He will need surgery if he wants to survive. But since he's in a coma, that decision's up to Ava." Ava looks at her Husband, and then looks at Jared and Country, and tells them "The both of you go home. I got it from here." Jared grows concerned for his Grandfather, and tells Ava "Keep me updated." Ava winks, as Jared and Country walks out, and Country tells Jared "Ava winked. Are you sure it's wise to leave her with Winston?" Jared laughs "I really don't give a shit." Jared and Country gets on the elevator, as they each head to their homes, and Ava looks at Winston, and asks Terrance "So he has a brain tumor?" Terrance nods, and tells Ava "I'm sorry I couldn't be at Ruth's Funeral today. I had a surgery to perform.." Ava tells Terrance "Willie told me." Terrance asks Ava "Can I do anything for you? I know you're going through hell right now, and this isn't helping." Ava turns to Terrance, and boldly tells him "The bastard in that hospital bed is my last worry. Let me have some time alone with my Husband. Go home and rest Terrance. You stay at this hospital too much." Terrance sighs "You're right. I need to check on Mama and Aretha. I heard about Rachel." Ava is quiet, and sighs "The whore's like a damn cat." Terrance heads out, as Ava sits at Winston's bedside, and pulls a flask out of her purse, and walks to the door, and notices the hall's quiet, and locks the door, and tells Winston "So here we are. You are in a coma, fighting for your life, and I have the choice to save you, or let you die." Ava takes a drink, and walks over to the electrical outlet, and stares for a moment, and turns to Winston's ventilator, and sighs "I wish I knew how to make this ventilator quiet." Ava stares at Winston, and smiles, as she pulls the cord out of the outlet, and goes "Oops." The nurse runs inside, and asks Ava "What happened?" Ava looks at the nurse and tells her "I think the cord is loose in the socket." The nurse plugs the cord back in, and gives a suspicious look at Ava, as she walks out, and Ava tells Winston "I now have a distraction." Ava takes a drink from her flask, and stares at Winston, with anger in her eyes, as she whispers in his ear "Maybe you should be lucky you're in this hospital bed and I don't know how to silence your life support, because I'd kill you."
   Meanwhile at Floyd and Ciarra's Home at Whispering Hills, Floyd, Ciarra, Maria, and Rudy has dinner, as Maria tells everyone "I am heading home in the morning. I've got a red eye back to Texas." Floyd tells his Daughter "I really miss you living here." Maria tells her Father "Maybe you and Ciarra can come out and visit. Everyone misses you out on the ranch Pop." Floyd looks at his Wife, and Ciarra tells her Husband "I think you should go out for a visit." Maria and Floyd looks at Ciarra, as Floyd asks her "Aren't you going with me?" Ciarra tells them "I would, but I got some things to take care of here. I need to focus on Emery's, and prepare for the holidays." Maria laughs "I think you enjoy yourself too much with Emery's." Ciarra tells Maria "My first job was at Emery's many many years ago, and it's been a great challenge to revive the company. If I thought Ava could handle things, I'd come out to Texas, but I need to get back into routine again." Floyd tells Ciarra "We're not young anymore. And we need a honeymoon." Maria looks at Ciarra, and Ciarra sighs "Oh well, I succumb. I tend to forget about my laptop." Floyd looks at Maria, and tells his Daughter "The Wife and I are coming to Texas for a few days. Call the airport.." Ciarra stops Floyd, and reminds him "I'm not leaving town until Beth returns." Floyd sighs "When she comes home, we have one more thing to do." Maria tells her Father "I'm not in a rush Pop. I just think it would do the two of you some good to be away from Adam's Landing, and Clair." Rudy tells them "I've tried to call her this evening, but she hasn't answered. I wanted to see her before I left tonight." Floyd asks his Son "So you're leaving tonight?" Rudy tells everyone "I have some things to take care of myself back home." Floyd tells his Son "You and I are very much alike. Both of us don't stay in one place very long." Rudy laughs "I am your Son Pop." Floyd hugs Rudy, and tells him "You definitely are. Call us when you're safe." Rudy hugs Ciarra, and Maria, and Floyd tells his Son "Don't take 20 years to return home Rudolph. Remember my door's always open Son." Rudy hugs his Father, as he prepares to leave, and tells him "I will be back soon Pop. Maybe next time I can visit longer and things will be more peaceful." Floyd sighs "Me too." Rudy heads upstairs to grab his suitcase, and he heads for Adam's Landing International Airport, and Floyd takes a deep breath, as Ciarra and Maria stands by his side, as Floyd tells them "He's hiding something, but I have no idea what it could be." Ciarra tells her Husband "He may be a workaholic." Floyd laughs "That's my boy." Maria hugs her Father, and Ciarra, and tells them "I'm headed to bed. My flight's on time, and I'll be back in Texas by the time the two of you are up and moving tomorrow." Floyd looks at Maria, and tells his Daughter "Ciarra and I will be out to visit very soon. Give my Granddaughter a hug from her Papa." Maria holds back her tears, as she hugs her Father, and Ciarra, and tells them "She will be ecstatic." Maria heads to her room, as Floyd starts to cry, and Ciarra holds him, and tells him gently "They're grown." Floyd tells his Wife "I know. I need to spend more time with my children. I got a lot of errors to correct with Clair and Rudy." Ciarra holds onto Floyd, as he gets emotional, and he and Ciarra head to the bedroom, as they call it a night.
   Back at The Sunset Club, Mary heads to the elevator, as she goes to her suite, as Lynn sees his Mother, and boldly tells her "I thought I told you to go home Mama?" Mary ignores Lynn, as she looks down, and Lynn tells her "So how was Aunt Ruth's Funeral? Did Brock Jr's spawn hold his own?" Mary tells her Son, with disdain in her voice "Andy's a fine young man, and he has done something you can't seem to do." Lynn asks his Mother "What in the hell are you talking about Mama?" Mary turns to Lynn, and takes a deep breath, and tells him "He can repent for his sins, and he does the Lord's work with humility. You have taken your gift and went against everything your Father and I ever taught you, and almost destroyed the church we saved." Lynn yells "I saved it Mama! Daddy didn't save a damn thing from Caney Head Chapel! I did! I was the Reverend that had his own show, and a perfect family!" Mary gets angry, and walks away from Lynn, as she heads up the stairs, as Lynn yells "Where in the hell are you going Mama?" Clair walks towards Lynn, and kisses him, as she asks "What's keeping you so long? I get scared without you." Lynn kisses Clair, as he tells her "I get scared too. Let's get back to what we were doing." Lynn and Clair returns to his suite, and in a distance, someone watches on, as they read The Exposer, and they put the paper down, as they follow Lynn and Clair.
   At Hell Hill, Xavier and Leigh lay next to each other, as Xavier asks his Wife "How was that?" Leigh kisses Xavier, and tells him in a seductive tone "Addictive." Leigh gets on top of Xavier, as she tells him "Since our children are safe, and Beth's coming home tomorrow, I feel better." Xavier and Leigh picks up where they left off, as they make love passionately in their bed. At Bree's Mansion, Country returns, as Bree and Andy sits in the kitchen, and Country tells his Daughter "Winston's in City Hospital. Ava's keeping him company tonight." Bree and Andy ask him "What happened?" Country laughs "He has a brain tumor." Andy yells at Country "That's nothing to laugh about! He could die!" Country heads towards his bedroom, and quips "The sooner that bastard's in hell, the better." Andy looks at Bree, and asks her "Why didn't you say anything to him? Poor Aunt Ava. First Grandma, now her Husband." Bree looks at her Cousin, and quips "Poor Aunt Ava my ass. She's likely enjoying the fact she's his Wife right now. He's a real bastard. Like Dad says, the sooner the better." Andy heads to his room, as he shakes his head in disbelief." Meanwhile at The Farm, Frank sits in his living room, as he pulls out his scrapbook, and looks at pictures of Ruth, and Frank gets emotional, as he cries "Mama, I don't know how I'm going to go on without you, but we will make it." Frank closes the scrapbook, and puts it back in the nightstand, by his chair, as he heads to the bedroom, and calls it a night. At The Sunset Club, Nathan and Rose are in his suite, as they have sex, and the door opens, as Andre walks inside, and walks back out quietly, as he bumps into Sayyid, and Andre yells "Watch where the hell you're at!" Sayyid tells Andre "I know where I am Andre Parks." Sayyid walks off, as Andre silently watches Sayyid. In Lynn's Suite, Lynn tells Clair "I'm going to visit with my Mama for a moment, I'll be back shortly." Clair nods, as Lynn puts on his clothes to leave, and walks out. Clair sits in the bed, as the door opens, and someone walks inside, and Clair yells "Who the hell are you? Did you see the sign on the doorknob?" The person's quiet, as they pull out a knife, and Clair jumps out of bed, as she tries to escape, and the person stabs Clair in the chest, and coldly tells her "You have sinned, and you reap what you sow whore." The person walks out, as Clair lays on the ground, and pulls out The Exposer, and draws a line through Clair's face, as they head off.
   

1 comment:

  1. GOOD EPISODE, AVA HAS SOME THINKING TO DO ! LOL

    ReplyDelete