Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 92. Love And Secrecy

   Xavier And Leigh has arrived in Blue Ridge and they make a stop at the place where they first met,The Sante Fe.Xavier and Leigh sits at the bar,and Leigh comments to Xavier"This place hasn't changed at all."Xavier responds"I came here often after you left.I'd always sit here and whenever anyone would sit down where you're sitting,I'd tip the bartender and run them off."Leigh laughs as does Xavier and the bartender walks up and recognizes both Xavier and Leigh and says"I guess it's true about fairy tales."Xavier smiles and says"Yes they are real after all."Xavier tells the bartender"I think you know what I want to drink."The bartender responds"Crown on the rocks?"Xavier adds"And get the lady sitting next to me whatever she wants."The bartender smiles and walks away to get their drinks.Leigh grabs Xavier's hand and tells him"Do you remember when we first met here."Xavier nods and tells Leigh,looking at her with stars in his eyes"Papaw ordered me to have fun and I came here and met a beautiful young woman who was playing with a ring on her finger.She had split up with her fiancee over her career and needed a friend."Leigh smiles and asks Xavier"You don't forget a thing do you X?"Xavier gives Leigh a kiss and tells her"I remember every moment we shared together."The bartender returns and brings the two of them their drinks and Xavier and Leigh makes a toast to their love and Leigh is quiet but comfortable as is Xavier and a song's playing in the background and Leigh asks Xavier"Isn't that Prince?"Xavier looks down with a grin and he says"Our song."Xavier reaches out his hand and asks Leigh"May I have this dance with you?"Leigh graciously accepts as they dance slowly to their song.
   Back in Adam's Landing,Beth and Ava are at Hell Hill after Beth's announcement and Ava says to Beth"Now we have to get back to the real world.What does the results say?"Beth is quiet for a moment and says to Ava"Results?Oh yes."Beth opens the cabinet in the living room and pulls out the results from Rachel's paternity test and tells Ava"I haven't read them yet."Ava asks"Are you nervous about finding out?"Beth is silent and opens the envelope and they both read them together.Ava yells"I knew it.I knew Jack wasn't the father of that whore's child."Beth looks at Ava and says"Rachel's mother just died Ava.Have some sympathy for her."Ava gives Beth a look of shock and says to her"You despised Desi Lane.I'm surprised you haven't thrown a party for her death or something close to it."Beth tells Ava"I don't really have any feelings over Desi's death.I've been in the medical profession most of my life so that's how I view this.A patient died after a head on collision with my Son and the one I'm most worried about is still here.Life goes on."Ava quips"You seem too calm Beth.You know something."Beth looks at Ava and tells her"Frank told me about the accident and that Desi ran Xavier off the road.The bitch did this to herself.She's lucky she didn't survive because if she had,I'd killed her myself."Ava asks Beth"And how are you going to react to these results?"Beth tells Ava"That one is on Leigh and Xavier.My worst fear is gone now."Ava has a look of gloom and pours herself a drink and says to Beth"And now the baton is passed to me."Beth tells Ava"Rachel isn't a threat to me but I will offer you some advice,I would keep my eyes on her if I was you.She did inherit one trait from her Mother."Ava answers"Selfish bitch out for herself?"Beth pours herself a drink and says to Ava"The ball's in your court when it comes to Rachel and Jack.You got what you need to keep her at bay."Ava has an evil smile and gives Beth a hug and heads out."Beth advises Ava"Give Rachel a few days before you start your agenda."Ava smiles at Beth and says in a calm tone"I will do that."Ava leaves and Beth receives a phone call.She is surprised and says to the person on the other line"Mama's in town.I've seen her."The person on the other line tells Beth"Keep an eye on her.Something's going on with her.I'm at BRI(Blue Ridge International Airport) and I think I can get some answers out of her."Beth tells the person"I'll set you up a room.You're staying with me."Beth hangs up the phone and thinks about her Mother and leaves to go to The Sunset Club to check on her.
   Meanwhile at City Hospital,Terrance is in his office and receives a visit from his Sister.Aretha tells Terrance"You stay here way too much."Terrance is distracted and Aretha notices and asks him"Are you ok?"Terrance opens up his desk and gives Aretha the results of Rachel's paternity test and tells her dismissively"You wanted to know ahead of time so here they are.You can tell her yourself."Aretha asks her Brother"What's bothering you Terrance?I know when you're troubled."Terrance gets frustrated and says"Beth also has Rachel's results so be prepared if Ava happens to spill first."Aretha gets frustrated and cuts to the chase,telling Terrance"That's not all of it!What is really bothering you?"Terrance looks down and is silent and Aretha yells"What is it?"Terrance takes a deep breath and looks at his Sister and says to her"If I say one word to you,do not and I repeat DO NOT tell Mama!"Aretha assures him"I promise.What's the problem?"Terrance then opens up and says"Barry's in town."Aretha asks"Dr.Barry Cole?"Terrance nods and says"When we were in Southpoint Beach,I wasn't worried or scared when I was around him but since he's here.."Aretha asks"You never told Mama did you?"Terrance sighs and says to Aretha"Adam's Landing is a conservative place compared to Southpoint Beach.If Barry and I pick up where we left off,I'm scared of what could happen."Aretha tells him"Times have changed Terrance.I understand your fear,but when you told me you were gay,I accepted it."Terrance looks at Aretha and says to her"Mama won't accept that though and we both know how she is."Aretha has a look of sadness and says to her Brother"Mama is set in her ways and in her time,you know how people looked at people if they were homosexual.But you can't hide this forever.You need to tell her."Terrance sighs and says"I know I do Aretha.But what if she disowns me?She has always expected me to marry a woman,have children and all but that will never happen."Aretha hugs Terrance and tells him"No matter what happens,I will support you because you're my Big Brother and I don't care if you're gay or straight,I only want you to be happy."Terrance says to Aretha"Also remember that being black,gay,and in a relationship with a white man will cause many issues with people."Aretha yells"Don't worry about that.It's a different era in the South these days.Adam's Landing has changed as well so you be yourself!"Terrance hugs his Sister and tells her"I need to tell Mama the truth but if I do,will you support me?"Aretha looks at him and says"That's a dumb question!I'm your Sister.I'll be by your side and I will always be there."Terrance hugs Aretha and he leaves to check on a patient.Aretha rolls her eyes and is worried about Terrance and she knows that it will be very hard for Willie,Aretha and Terrance's Mother to accept the fact that Terrance is gay.Aretha leaves and makes a call to Rachel,and tells her"Meet me at the house.I got something to show you."
   At The Penthouse,Sully is drawing designs for a dress and Gabriella walks in the room and asks Sully"I see you got something to keep you busy."Sully nods and shows Gabriella a picture of Xavier and Leigh and says"I'm wanting to design something classic but modern."Gabriella assures her Daughter In Law"Whatever you design,your Mom will love it as will the rest of the family."Sully smiles at Gabriella as there's a knock at the door.Sully answers the door to find it to be Winston."Sully asks him"I see you've returned from the grave?"Winston looks at Sully and says"I'll let that slide since your Father and I are at peace and all's well in the world."Winston sees Gabriella and Gabriella isn't pleased to see Winston yelling"What are you doing here?Shouldn't you be in Europe visiting your beloved son in prison?"Winston is shocked to see Gabriella and quips"And who allowed you to get out of the Nut House?"Sully sternly warns Winston"Leave Gabriella alone and get the hell out of here!"Winston apologizes and asks Sully"Where's my Grandson at?I wanted to see him."Sully tells Winston"I'll let him know you're back."Winston tells Sully walking out"Gabriella's a psycho.I wouldn't keep any guns or sharp objects around."Winston leaves and Sully shakes her head as does Gabriella and Gabriella says to Sully"Whenever Winston Hale is around,there's something bound to happen."Sully asks her"What are you seeing?"Gabriella says"Snakes only shed their skin.And the peace will be brief."Sully rolls her eyes and assures Gabriella"I don't think Winston wants to mess with my Daddy again after last time."Gabriella looks at Sully and says"Always be ready for anything."Sully agrees and goes back to drawing the designs for Leigh's dress as Gabriella leaves the house,telling Sully"Your Great-Grandmother wants to talk to me."Sully tells Gabriella"She loves psychics."Gabriella says walking out"I don't know about that."Gabriella leaves and Sully is silent for a moment and calls Beth and and it goes to voicemail.She asks her Grandmother"Is something wrong with Gran?"
   Meanwhile Beth has arrived at The Sunset Club and knocks on her Mother's door.Tenny answers and asks"Beth what are you doing here?Shouldn't you be at work?"Beth asks her Mother"I got a call today and guess who it was Mama?"Tenny asks sarcastically"An automated call telling you that you won a cruise?"Beth says"Nope.It was your sister.She is worried about you."Tenny shrugs and tells Beth"I am fine.She worries entirely too much.She should be squeezing oranges for when Xavier and Leigh visit.You know he loves her cooking."Beth laughs"Only when she's around will he do breakfast."Tenny puts her hands on Beth's shoulders and assures her Daughter,leading her to the door"Everything is fine with me my sweet Beth.You have other things to worry about."Beth tells her Mother"Don't be afraid to confide in me Mama."Tenny assures Beth"If I have a problem,you would be the first to know."Beth leaves and shakes her head as she grows suspicious and notices a message from Sully and responds"We'll know soon sweetie.Focus on the dress."Beth leaves and Tenny gets another knock at the door and looks through the peephole and answers the door to see Gabriella's arrived.Tenny tells Gabriella"Sully told me you could see the future.What does my future hold?"Gabriella looks at Tenny and says to her"You're about to make a deal with the devil."Tenny gets upset and asks"What are you talking about?"Gabriella warns Tenny"Your false pride will hurt many people and you need to confide in your family."Tenny writes Gabriella a check and tells her"That wasn't what I wanted to hear.You disappoint me."Gabriella tears the check in half and tells Tenny"It's worthless.This one's on me."Gabriella leaves and Tenny is silent and makes a phone call.
   Meanwhile Ava has arrived at her mansion and she is reading Rachel's paternity results.She says to herself"This will be beneficial to me to get Rachel away from my son."Country walks downstairs and Ava is shocked to see he's only wearing a bathrobe and asks Ava in a flirting tone"Did you miss me while I was gone?"Ava smiles and says to Country"Yes I did.But we need to have a talk."Country kisses Ava and she returns the kiss but says to him"We need to talk about us."Country is suspicious and asks Ava"Are you seeing somebody else?"Ava replies"No I'm not.But I'm not ready to commit to a relationship.We have too much going on in each of our lives to have time for each other."Country is saddened but tells Ava"I understand Ava.Can we be friends with benefits though?"Ava looks at him and winks at him and says to him"I like that better."They head upstairs and they begin to make passionate love.Meanwhile in Blue Ridge,Xavier and Leigh has checked into a suite at The Jones-Thayer Hotel,in the VIP suite.Leigh tells Xavier"So far I'm enjoying myself.You must really be planning something big?"Xavier smiles and says to Leigh"We've only started."Xavier dims the lights and they play their song once again as Xavier touches Leigh's face,and kisses her.He takes off her cast and throws it across the room and picks her up off her feet as they head in the bedroom,where he gently takes off her clothes as she takes off his and they begin to make love."
  

1 comment:

  1. MY , MY , WHAT COULD TENNY BE PLANNING ?? THE PLOT THICKENS !! NEVER A DULL MOMENT !! LOL

    ReplyDelete