Friday, February 8, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 89. Changes

  In front of Willie and Sidney's home,Willie,Aretha,and Rachel are horrified after a head on collision between Xavier and Desi has sent both cars off the road into the front yard of their home.Frank has pulled over after seeing the wreck and rushes to Xavier's aid as Aretha checks on Desi.Frank yells"Xavier.Wake up!"Aretha shakes Desi and notices no movement,but checks and finds a pulse.Xavier's head is on the steering wheel and he comes to as Frank shakes him without causing any injury.Xavier opens his eyes and gets up as well but slowly in pain and touches his head."He is silent and looks around and the paramedics arrive to take Desi and Xavier to City Hospital.Rachel stands on the porch horrified and hasn't said a word and then asks Aretha"Is she ok?"The paramedics haven't gotten a response from Desi and tells her Daughter"This is one of the worst ones I've seen.It doesn't look good."As the paramedics take Desi and Xavier to the hospital as Frank is following,Rachel is frozen as she is in shock and Aretha asks"Do you want to follow them?"Rachel responds in shock"I don't know."Aretha tells Rachel"Your Mother may not survive,I'd go.To make peace.Willie agrees with her Daughter and Aretha and Rachel leaves for the hospital,while Willie stays behind with her Husband Sidney,who needs 24 hour care due to Alzheimer's Disease."
  At City Hospital,Beth and Jared are with Leigh with no response from Xavier and Beth tells them"He may have paid Desi a visit.Whenever it's come to Sully,he'll do anything to make sure she's taken care of.He is attached to her.When she hurts,he hurts too."Leigh cries and says"He did a great job raising her,she very much takes after her Daddy."Beth reminds Leigh"She's survived a lot lately and she and you are strong."Terrance arrives in Leigh's room and motions Beth to walk out into the hall to talk privately and Beth walks out.She asks Terrance"Did you get the results from the DNA test?"Terrance tells Beth"It's Xavier.He was in an accident."Beth calmly asks"What kind of an accident?"Terrance puts his hands on Beth's shoulders and looks down for a moment and tells her"A head on collision with Desi Lane.Both are critical."Beth looks into Leigh's room and thinks of Sully and tells Terrance"Tell Jared to come outside and check up on Leigh."Terrance walks into the room and he checks on Leigh and Jared comes outside and Beth tells him calmly"There's been an accident with Desi and Xavier."Jared asks in shock"Are they alive?"Beth tells him calmly"Both are critical.Don't say nothing to Leigh or Sully about this until I find out what happened."Beth rushes down to the ER as Jared walks back into Leigh's room and Terrance tells Leigh and Jared"She heals quick.You may be able to be released tonight or tomorrow morning."Leigh smiles and says"When X arrives,I'm going home."Terrance walks out and Jared is quiet and Leigh notices something wrong and asks Jared"What did Beth tell you?Was it about Sully?"Jared looks up and does as Beth asked of him,tells her"She told me Sully's progressing well and it won't be long before she is released."Leigh looks at Jared and tells him"What else did she say?"Jared doesn't answer but assures her,preventing his Mother In Law from getting upset and scared from knowing of Xavier's wreck,tells her"That's all she had to tell me and she had to check on a patient."Leigh looks at him and doesn't buy it.
  Meanwhile at The Sunset Club,an older woman checks in and heads to her room.She spots Burt at the bar and asks him"Long time no see Burt."Burt ask her"What are you doing here?"The lady replies"I've heard on the news about my family and it was time to pay a visit."Burt tells her"Much has happened and they are holding up well I think."The lady tells him"That's good to know."She then asks him for his autograph and tells him"I read about you in Rachel Lane's book.Whatever made you decide to move down here?"Burt answers"Free home."She then asks him"Where's City Hospital?"Burt gives her directions and tells her"We should have a drink while you're here."She responds"We'll see."The lady leaves and Burt gets up to head back to Jackson Inc,and bumps into Michael,who's in a rush."He asks Michael"Moving In?"Michael tells him"My Mom was in an accident."Burt tells him"After what I've heard,sounds like Karma coming back to her."Michael asks him"What in the hell are you talking about?"Burt tells him"I know what happened years ago between her and Rodney.That's sick.That hurt her in so many ways."Michael angrily answers"My sister is a liar too!"and leaves for the hospital.Burt shakes his head and heads out,headed for Jackson Inc.
  Beth arrives in the ER and rushes to Xavier's side as the doctor attending to Xavier tells her"He has a mild concussion and sore in the ribs but we've done a X Ray and a MRI and he appears to be fine."Beth cries of joy and says"Thank God!"Xavier tells her"I will be fine.I want to go see my wife."Beth tells Xavier"As soon as they finish up."Beth texts Jared,who's in the room with Leigh and tells him Xavier's prognosis."Jared then tells Leigh"Xavier had an accident.But he's going to be fine."Leigh asks"Was he hurt?"Jared tells her"He has a concussion and a few broken ribs,and wants to leave."Leigh breathes a sigh of relief and tells her Son In Law"I don't think I could handle anything else after all that's happened recently."Jared agrees with her and responds"Sully either.She is really doing well.My Mom's there and she's watching over her."Leigh tells him with a smile"You've done well taking care of my little girl."Jared shrugs and tells Leigh"She's everything to me."Leigh gets up and she and Jared heads down to the ER.
  Beth meanwhile walks over to Desi's triage and is informed of her condition.Desi is alert but she got the bad end of the wreck,with her doctor telling Beth"I don't think she'll make it."Beth tells the doctor"Tell her kids about this,better to come to you,than me."Beth heads out into the waiting room and sees Frank and gives him a hug and tells him"He will make it!"Frank tells Beth"He is very lucky.Somebody was watching over him.Good thing I taught him how to drive."Beth laughs and says"He's tough."Aretha and Rachel arrives and Rachel sees Beth and asks about Desi.Beth tells Rachel"She's alert,you can see her if you'd like to."Aretha encourages Rachel"Go see her.This may be it."Rachel walks back into the ER to her Mother's triage and the doctor informs her on Desi's condition.Rachel is upset and asks him"How bad was it?"The doctor begins to tell Rachel and Desi tells Rachel"I'm surprised your here.I want to tell you something."Rachel is silent.Outside the triage,Michael has arrived and overhears his Sister in the triage.Desi tells Rachel with a weak tone"I apologize for not believing you."Rachel asks her Mother"Isn't it a bit late?"Desi tells her Daughter"I made some mistakes.I'm sorry."Rachel starts to cry and walks out of the room and Michael watches and rushes in the triage,and looks at his Mother and Desi cries and says to him"I'm glad to see you."Michael is silent and now knows the truth concerning his Sister and his Father but realizing his Mom could die,lets it go and tells his Mom,keeping calm"I'm glad your still here."Michael grabs her hand and she tells him"I'm going to make it."Michael tells her"You are the famous Desi Lane."Michael holds his Mother's hand as she holds tight and they both look at each other with tears in their eyes.
   Meanwhile,Burt has returned to Jackson Inc and is informed of Xavier and Desi's accident by Bobby.Burt is taken back and asks Bobby calmly"Is Xavier going to survive?"Bobby nods and says"One thing I can say without a doubt in my mind is Xavier is made of steel.He's one of the toughest people I know.B.R. was watching over him"Burt says to Bobby"As long as I've known Xavier,he had many people looking after him I think.Don't forget about J.D. "Bobby nods and Bobby pours them a drink when they walk into his office and celebrate Xavier's survival.In the waiting room,Beth is with Frank and she walks over to Aretha and tells her with tears in her eyes,with Frank holding her"I owe you one for saving my son.Thank you."Beth hugs Aretha and Frank tells Beth"The Jacksons and The Evans family goes a long way back.Mama and Willie have been best-friends since childhood and her Father was one of my heroes."Beth smiles and laughs,telling Frank"You always wanted to haul yourself when we were dating,then you hit the big time."Frank looks at Beth and laughs,saying to his ex-wife"I ran with Sidney often when I was a kid and he let me drive often,but Mama doesn't know."Beth and Aretha all have a laugh as Beth is notified that she has a visitor in her office.She heads down and she thinks it could possibly be the results of Rachel's paternity results.She leaves and Michael and Rachel come out into the waiting room.Michael talks to Frank as Rachel tells Aretha"I'm ready to go."As they begin to leave,Michael stops Rachel and tells his Sister"I want to apologize for never believing you."Rachel looks at him and doesn't say a word and she leaves.
  Leigh has been released as Terrance tells her"You will have to stay here tonight.He may have planned escape."Leigh,Jared,and Terrance has walked into Xavier's room,and Xavier smiles,seeing Leigh,who's in a cast from being shot in the shoulder,walks over to him and grabs his hand with tears in her eyes and tells him holding back tears with a smile"I'm not letting you go nowhere."Xavier looks at her and says with his voice slightly slurred due to his concussion"I can't leave yet."He looks at Leigh and tells her"I waited too long already for my family and I wasn't ready to go."He sits up in the bed and grabs Leigh as he hugs her and both cry of joy and Jared tells them"Don't forget my wife,she'll be glad to know you're fine."Xavier tells him with a smile"I can't leave her especially.I can't leave my girls."Jared laughs and walks out of the room,and walks up to the Psychiatric Wing to see Sully to tell her of Xavier and Desi's accident.As for Desi,Michael has returned to his Mother's side as she's been taken to a room and Desi asks Michael"Did Xavier make it?"Michael tells her"He survived."Desi tells her Son"I want you and Rachel to make up."Michael is silent for a second and tells Desi"I will try Mom."Desi smiles at her son as he gives her a hug and tells her"You've got a lot of things left to do.Don't try to leave just yet."Desi tells him weakly"I have no intentions to."Back in Xavier's room,Leigh is laying in Xavier's bed,next to him,as he holds her and says to her"I think we should leave and return to Blue Ridge once our Princess gets well."Leigh asks Xavier"Are you planning something X?"Xavier in a slurry sly tone says"I might be.I think it would do us good and we could do something else possibly."Leigh smiles and asks him"What else are you thinking?"Xavier shrugs and says to her,as they stare at each other"I got a surprise for you."She hugs him and they are quiet as they lay next to each other in his hospital bed,as they hold on to each other as he looks at her and she smiles at him.Meanwhile,Beth has returned to her office and is shocked as her visitor says"Beth.My sweet Beth."Beth looks at the older lady and says with tears starting to flow"You're here Mama."

1 comment:

  1. NOW MAYBE RACHEL CAN BEGIN TO HEAL AND HAVE SOME PEACE IN HER LIFE ! STILL NOT REAL FOND OF DESI THOUGH ! LOL IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG WEEKEND .... CAN'T WAIT TILL MONDAY TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS !!

    ReplyDelete