Monday, February 11, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 90. Renewals

    It's evening time in Adam's Landing,and in Beth's office at City Hospital,she is shocked,stunned,and emotional as her Mother,Tennessee(Tenny) Sullivan,Xavier's Grandmother and widow of J.D.Sullivan has returned to pay her daughter a visit.They hug each other and Beth asks her Mother"I'm surprised you're here.How's Monaco been?"Tenny looks at her Daughter and laughs"I have enjoyed traveling around the world but sometimes it's good to be back in the States."Tenny asks"How's Xavier and Sully?"Beth tells her"Both are here.Sully's in the Psychiatric Wing currently and Xavier was in an accident but he'll be fine."Tenny tells her Daughter"I will be in Adam's Landing for awhile.I'm not ready to return home yet."Beth somberly says"Because of Daddy?"Tenny tells Beth"When J.D. died years ago,I couldn't stay in Blue Ridge.The memories although comforting ,was haunting and I had to get away."Beth hugs Tenny and tells her"I'm glad you're here Mama."Tenny hugs her Daughter as the lab tech walks in the office.Tenny tells Beth"I'm going to the Sunset Club to settle in.I'll visit Xavier and Sully tomorrow."Tenny quickly leaves as the Lab Tech tells Beth"Here's the results to Rachel Lane's paternity."Beth thanks the tech and walks over to her desk and looks at the envelope and makes a phone call to Ava and tells her"I got them."Beth is tempted to open it but decides to hold off and heads to check on Xavier.
   Upstairs in the Psychiatric Wing,Sully,Jared and Gabriella are in the sitting room as Jared is filling his Wife and Mother in on what's happened.Sully is relieved to know that her Mother and Father,Xavier and Leigh are well but she asks her Husband"How's Desi?Did she live?"Gabriella tells her Daughter In Law"For now."Jared asks his Mother"What do you mean?For Now?"Gabriella asks Jared"Have I ever been wrong in my visions?"Jared is quiet for a moment and tells her"Nope.You have always been exact."Sully tells Jared"I want to see Mom and Daddy."Jared tells his Wife with a smile"You will be seeing them very soon.Dr.Cole told me that you're ready for release."Jared looks at his Mother and tells her"You too."Sully is ecstatic and Jared asks Sully in a serious tone"Promise me you'll stay away from Desi and the razorblades."Sully grabs her Husband and tells him"I am ready to start anew.I want to focus on us,and my store."Jared and Sully hugs as Gabriella watches on with a tear in her eye and Sully and Gabriella heads to their rooms to get packed to leave.Jared says to himself with a sigh,looking up"She needs a break.Watch over her."
   Frank has returned to The Farm and finds his Mother sitting in his favorite chair and Ruth asks her Son"Where have you been all day?"Frank tells her"Xavier was in a car accident.He's fine though."Ruth gets livid and looks at Frank and asks"Why did you keep this from me?"Frank tells his Mother"With your heart,I didn't want you to panic and get worried."Ruth gets up and tells Frank"When my family is in trouble,you better tell me about it.Too damn much tragedy has went on in this family and I am tired of it son.I'm just glad he's ok."Frank hugs his Mother and tells her"I wanted to make sure he was going to survive before I said anything.I was only protecting you Mama."Ruth tells Frank"Xavier is the image of B.R. through and through.It will take much more than a car accident and a gunshot to get him.He's got ice running in his veins."Frank laughs as does Ruth and Frank changes subjects and asks Ruth"Where's Bree?"Ruth tells him"She got a letter from Jamie today and returned home."Frank tells Ruth"I hope Jamie's ok where-ever she went."Ruth tells Frank in a serious,but sad tone"After the pain she's caused us over the years,I really don't care what happens to her.She and Junior have caused so much grief to our family that I just can't worry about them anymore."Frank hugs his Mother and assures her"I think brighter days are ahead."Ruth holds onto him and says"I hope so Frank.I hope so."
   At Chantel's,Rachel is sitting with Jack and Rachel is telling him about Xavier and Desi's accident.Jack asks Rachel"How are you handling things?"Rachel tells him"I don't know.I don't know whether I should be sad or feel free."Jack is curious and asks"Free?"Rachel looks at him and says"Only when she's at death's door is she ready to make peace.Even my Brother has offered an olive branch."Jack asks her"Will Desi survive the accident?."Rachel is silent and looks down and says"I don't know but I've made my peace."Meanwhile,at the bar,Ava arrives and watches her son with Rachel with a look of disapproval.Aretha's at the bar and sees Ava and tells her to sit down.Aretha tells Ava"Cut Rachel some slack.She has been through hell today."Ava says to her friend"Only tonight.I got a date in the morning at the Hospital."Aretha rolls her eyes and asks Ava"What business is it of yours who's the father of Rachel's child.You know it isn't Jack's."Ava gets upset and snaps at Aretha"That makes it my business.Also the fact that it could be my Brother's child or that guy I met today at the Hospital,Burt Corbin.I don't want to see my son hurt.He's already had enough of that and Rachel is out for one person,Rachel."Aretha is quiet as both of them watches on as Jack and Rachel are sitting together and Ava asks Aretha"Why are you so damn protective of Rachel?"Aretha says to Ava in a serious tone"I know her Ava.She has had a rough life.That's all I'm going to say."Ava gets suspicious and asks Aretha"What do you mean she had it rough?The tramp was the Daughter of Desi Lane?"Aretha sternly says to her friend"I may own a tabloid,but I won't say a word about Rachel's life that isn't printed in the book."Ava sighs and rolls her eyes and cautions Aretha"Don't get too close to her.I think she is trouble and I will never approve of her with my son so if you expect me to embrace her as you have,forget it."Ava leaves and Aretha shakes her head as she heads home as well.Meanwhile back at Rachel and Jack's table,Jack tells Rachel,noticing Aretha and Ava at the bar earlier"We had company."Rachel asks"Your Mother?"Jack says"Aretha too."Rachel sighs of relief as she tells Jack"At least someone at the bar had my back."They both laugh and gives each other a kiss."
   Meanwhile,Tenny's returned to her room at The Sunset Club and checks her phone,noticing a text.She reads it and rolls her eyes and leaves to head downstairs to have a drink.Tenny arrives at the bar and tells the bartender"I want something strong."The bartender asks Tenny"You look troubled?"Tenny asks the bartender"Are you a licensed shrink?"The bartender shakes his head and goes to get Tenny her drink.Burt arrives and asks Tenny with a tone of surprise"So it seems we run into each other again."Tenny sarcastically responds"You must be following me Burt.Remember that it was a one time deal."Burt orders a drink and tells Tenny"That one time nearly cost me my job too when Xavier found out and Beth has hated me since."Tenny takes a drink and says to Burt"We know how close Beth and J.D. were.Very similar to Xavier and Sully."Burt asks Tenny"Why are you really here Tenny?I heard your rants on Adam's Landing too many times to think you're here on a family visit."Tenny quickly snaps"Can't a Mother come to town to visit her Daughter?Or to see her Grandchildren?Or check on the company?"Burt laughs and says"I can believe that but knowing you there's more to this."Tenny looks at Burt and says calmly"Everybody has secrets Burt."Tenny finishes her drink and heads back upstairs.Burt watches on with a look of suspicion and is quiet for a moment and the bartender asks him"Do you know her?"Burt tells the bartender"Yes I do.Too well I might add."Burt pays the bartender and heads home.Upstairs,Tenny returns to her room and reads the text again and had a look of defeat and looks up and says"Where are you when I need you J.D.?"She then lays down and cries herself to sleep."
   Back at City Hospital,Beth has arrived at Xavier's room and finds Jared and Sully standing outside the door.Sully is smiling as is Beth as they look through the window and sees Xavier asleep in the bed,with Leigh laying next to him."Beth tells her Granddaughter"He's going to be fine."Beth gives Sully a hug and asks Jared"Where's your Mom?"Jared tells Beth"She went to to the apartment."Beth tells Jared"I think the world of Gabriella.Can she really see the future?"Sully and Jared both tell Beth"Yes she can."Beth tells Sully"Your Great-Grandma's in town.She'll be glad to know you're going to be out of here."Sully is shocked and asks"Where's she staying?"Beth tells her"The Sunset Club.Mama never asks for favors.If I told her to stay with me,she'd thrown a fit."Sully laughs"Sounds like she hasn't changed."Beth nods and tells Jared and Sully to head home,assuring them"Everything's fine here.Your Father has what he needs.He'll be very glad to know you're home."Sully looks through the window,and smiles and says"I'm glad my family's together."She hugs her Grandmother and she and Jared leaves as Beth follows behind,to call it a day.She then gets a message from Terrance and she is silent and walks out of the hospital with Rachel's paternity results in her pocket.In Desi's room,Michael is asleep in the chair,next to his Mother's bed as Terrance walks into the room and looks at her vitals and Michael wakes up and Terrance tells him somberly"She's gone."
 

1 comment:

  1. WELL WORTH THE WAIT ! NOW JUST WHAT IS BETH'S MOM TENNY UP TO ? NEVER A DULL MOMENT !!

    ReplyDelete