Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 97. Countdown

  It's the next day in Adam's Landing,At Hell Hill,Xavier and Leigh are in the bedroom and Xavier leans over and kisses Leigh gently and Leigh wakes up and smiles at Xavier as he holds her hand.Xavier gets up to get dressed to go to Jackson Inc.Leigh asks Xavier"I take it you're going to be a busy man today huh X?"Xavier tells her"Bobby and I got to go over a few things about Winston."Leigh gets up as well and tells Xavier,holding him"I'll find out this morning if it's true.Beth told me last night I have all the signs of being pregnant."Xavier laughs and says"When we got married the first time,you were carrying Sully and it's deja vu all over."Leigh jokes"At our age,normally we wouldn't be expecting.We're both in our 40s.You're close to 50."Xavier looks at Leigh and says"Age isn't nothing but a number.We can do it.I also got Rachel's child to look forward to also."Leigh tells Xavier"At least our child will have a playmate."Xavier laughs and heads out for Jackson Inc.Leigh gets ready to head to City Hospital to visit the OBGYN."
  At Class,Sully's arrived to her office and the receptionist tells her"The tuxedo and wedding dress are in."Sully looks at them and smiles,saying"They are perfect.I think Mom and Daddy are going to love this."Sully changes subjects and asks"Where is Aunt Ava this morning?"The receptionist says"She is in Valley Ridge.She said she's taking care of something."The receptionist leaves and Sully thinks for a moment and says quietly after looking in her desk"Winston may be on fire after Ava's finished with him."At Northbrook,Winston arrives downstairs and sees Ava and asks her in a tone of disgust"Why in the hell are you here Ava?"Ava quips"Remember when I had to take ownership of Foodstar years ago Winston?And this lovely estate that's real estate value could bring in millions."Winston gets angry and yells"Don't you dare do it you crazy bitch!"Ava laughs"I've spoken to a developer and the planning committee.Valley Ridge does need a mall and Class could use another location.It's win win for me.Northbrook Center Mall.The largest in the state!"Winston defends himself saying"I did the same thing you did when you got control of Lane's."Ava smiles and says"Yes I did,but I didn't sneak in playing possum like you either when I made my intentions known.I didn't take advantage of J.D. Sullivan's widow in her time of trouble."We're going to deal and it's one of two choices,you sell me those shares or I sell this house."Winston reminds Ava"I haven't signed those divorce papers yet because I refuse to let you take my home from me."Ava looks at Winston and says"It's gone either way you look at it.Hale Island will be all you'll have left after I'm finished if you don't deal."Winston is silent and Ava pulls a pen out of her purse and says"Sign on the dotted line on these papers and save yourself."
   At FJR,Frank's in the shop,checking over the cars and tells a crew member"We got LaFayette won."A young woman walks in the shop and says"Yes we do Boss."Frank turns around to see his newest driver,Allison North,a female racer who's already got some wins under her belt and quickly making a name for herself in the racing world.Frank tells Allison"Are you ready to make history?"Allison asks Frank with a laugh"I think you're setting the bar too high?"Frank tells Allison"If you're going to win and be a champion,you have to think like one and believe it."Allison says"I already got some Championships in the lower series so I think we're good to go."Frank agrees and Allison asks Frank"Want to go have breakfast?"Frank is quiet,looking at Allison and says"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"Allison responds"When I'm paying,I'll do the asking."Frank laughs and tells Allison"I'm your boss.If you win the season opener,then you can pay for it."Both laugh as they head down to Percy's.
  Meanwhile Leigh's arrived at the OBGYN at City Hospital and he's taken an ultrasound and checked Leigh out.Beth walks in and has the results and tells Leigh with some hesitation"I told him to let me tell you rather than the other way around."Leigh asks"Well am I pregnant or was it a false alarm."Beth looks at Leigh and says with a tear"I got another Grandchild on the way.You and Xavier start quick."Leigh is happy but worried and tells her Mother In Law,"I'm in my 40s Beth.It is hard to grasp the fact of having a child at my age."Beth assures Leigh"Many Mothers have children in their 40s.Ciarra had a child in her 40s after trying for many years.Leigh this is fate.You have all of us here to support you and Xavier will be so happy."Leigh says to Beth"And Rachel's carrying Xavier's child too.At least this one will have a playmate."Both Beth and Leigh laughs and Beth tells Leigh"Rachel seduced Xavier.He didn't choose that.But Rachel seems to be smarter than her Mother.I don't think she'll be much trouble."Leigh asks Beth"Have you told Ciarra or Tenny or most importantly,Sully about this yet?"Beth warns Leigh"Sully has Xavier's temper.She will be overjoyed about you having a child but when it comes to Rachel,I think she will have some trouble with that."Leigh assures Beth"I think now that things are coming together,she may surprise us."Beth asks Leigh"How's Xavier handling Rachel's announcement?"Leigh says"He isn't pleased but I don't think he'll turn her away carrying his child."Beth sighs and says"Rachel Lane is now a part of the family so we will just have to accept it."Leigh nods and Beth tells Leigh"Go back home and rest up.We're going to have a party tonight at the house.Ladies only.And tomorrow you'll be walking down the aisle with Xavier."Leigh smiles as does Beth and they hug and Beth tells Leigh"I already got everything taken care of and Ciarra is running errands so don't worry about anything."Leigh thanks Beth and heads out.Beth walks out of the exam room and sees the OBGYN and he tells Beth"Dr.Jackson,I found something on the ultrasound Leigh needs to know about."Beth is concerned and asks"Is this good or bad?We don't need any bad news now."The OBGYN responds"There was two heartbeats."Beth is shocked and says"Two?Oh my god I think I'm going to faint myself!"The OBGYN laughs and says"I remember you telling me that twins run in the family,well you were right."Beth is speechless and tells him"I'll tell Leigh tonight at the bachelorette party.Wow."Beth heads out and says to herself with a smile"Twins."
   At Jackson Inc,Xavier's arrived in his office and Bobby,Burt,and Jared are waiting for him.Xavier asks them"Any word from Ava yet on how the negotiations are going with Winston?"Burt responds"No word yet."Ava returns to the office and says to them"Winston caved like I knew the old bastard would.Divorce's official and our family still owns Jackson Inc."Ava hands her Brother the papers and he and Bobby looks at them and Xavier asks his Sister curiously"How did you manage to pull this off?"Ava says with a shrug"I threatened him.I told him if he didn't sign the papers,Northbrook would be a name for Valley Ridge's new mall."Bobby reads the papers and says to Ava"You played Winston at his own game.Did he read this?"Ava tells all of them"He didn't have much choice.We have Tenny's shares back,and I have what I want."Xavier looks at Ava and grins,telling his Sister"This only makes my day better.We are about to make Billions.Smart move Sis."Xavier opens the vault and pours everyone a drink and says"This was Father's stash of shine that he kept here for occasions like this.To the future!"All toasts and Burt and Jared quips"Damn that's strong!"Bobby tells them"The Jackson shine was well known for its kick."Burt quips"Must be a Southern thing."Everyone laughs as Ava heads out.Ava tells them"I got to head home to make sure I have no unwanted guests."Xavier tells Ava"I know about Rachel Sis."Ava rolls her eyes and she tells Xavier"Don't let the whore spoil your wedding.She's walking a tightrope with me."Ava leaves and Burt follows.Inside the office,Xavier,Bobby,and Jared are shocked at Ava's tactics and Xavier quips"She pulled one on Winston.He won't take this well so be ready."Outside,Burt catches up to Ava and tells her"She didn't respond to my calls last night."Ava assures Burt"I got that bitch's number.I'm going to Class and then to Leigh's bachelorette party.After Xavier and Leigh marries,then we'll worry about Rachel."Ava leaves and Burt fears of what Ava's got in mind,knowing her methods as well as her history.
   Meanwhile,Frank and Allison has returned to FJR and he finds Ruth at the shop and she asks her Son"Who's this kid you're with?"Frank says"Mama she's only 22.She's my new driver for my second car."Frank introduces Allison to his Mother and Ruth shakes Allison's hand and notices something and tells Frank"May I see you in your office.Privately."Frank follows Ruth and once in his office,Ruth asks Frank"I know that look Frank.And I don't approve."Frank asks"What look?"Ruth says sternly"You're attracted to that girl and you're too damn old to be seeing a girl that's young enough to be your Grandchild!"Frank assures his Mother"It's strictly business.She drives for me and that's it."Ruth hugs Frank and says"I hope so."In the shop"Allison makes a phone call and says"Meet me tonight at my room at The Sunset Club.I miss you."At Class,Sully is on the phone making sure everything is set for Leigh's bachelorette party and Ava returns and Sully points over to Xavier's tuxedo and Leigh's dress and asks Ava"What do you think?"Ava tells Sully"I think this wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful.You did a great job."Ava hugs her Niece as Leigh arrives and Sully asks her Mother"Check it out."Leigh looks at her wedding dress and Xavier's tuxedo and quips"It'll be weird seeing X wearing white."All of them laughs and Beth arrives and looks at them and tells Leigh"I think it's time."Leigh asks"I thought we were going to wait until tonight."Ava rolls her eyes in suspicion and Sully asks Leigh"What's going on?"Leigh tells Sully"You're about to have a sibling.I'm expecting."Beth then tells Leigh"The OBGYN forgot to mention something to me earlier though."Ava's quiet and Sully's excited for her parents and gives Leigh a hug and Beth tells Leigh"There was two heartbeats in that ultrasound.You're having twins."Leigh is stunned as is Sully and Ava is silent."Sully can't believe it.Beth tells her Granddaughter"Twins run in the Jackson side of the family."Everyone's blown away and Ava hugs her Sister In Law and says"Congratulations."Leigh says"Wow!Twins."Beth says"It's about to be a full house at Hell Hill."

1 comment: