Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 102. State Of Denial

   At The Sunset Club,Winston is having a drink and sees Jack and Rachel arrive,as he welcomes them with open arms.He tells the waiter"Bring a few drinks over to the happy couple!"Rachel reminds Winston"I can't drink alcohol.I'm pregnant."Winston tells Rachel"You're carrying the devil's spawn.A shot of whiskey won't hurt much."Jack asks Winston"Why aren't you at Northbrook?What are you doing in Adam's Landing again?"Winston tells him"Your Mother is full of secrets Jackson.She sold Northbrook and I was evicted."Jack and Rachel are shocked and Rachel,who's curious asks Winston"Why would Ava own your estate?"Winston tells her"I had some trouble with the SEC years ago and I had to sign away ownership of Foodstar to Ms.Jackson as well as Northbrook for protection."Jack tells his adoptive Father"You know as well as anyone when it comes down to the family,Mom has the same ruthless streak Xavier and Grandfather had.She will do anything to protect her family."Winston looks at Rachel and warns his new Daughter In Law"You may want to stay awake at night once Ava finds out you are now Rachel Hale.She could light you up."Rachel smiles and says to Winston"That psychotic bitch doesn't scare me."Jack looks at Winston and his new Wife and shakes his head in silence,dreading what's to come.
  Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Tenny is shocked to see her son,Allan Sullivan arrive and gives him a hug and he asks his Mother"What are you doing here Mama?"Tenny looks at Allan and tells her Son"You have kept up with Beth so I'd imagine you know the situation by now."Allan hugs his Mother and tells her"I know all about the trouble in Monaco.I just hope you're back to stay."Tenny says to Allan"I don't plan to go anywhere.I'd like to but I'm not."Allan notices sadness in his Mother's eyes and asks her"What's wrong Mama?You're not you're usual sarcastic,free spirited self?"Tenny tells Allan to sit on the couch and grabs his hand and tells him"Your Uncle Jacob died last night in his sleep.Ciarra is worrying me."Allan reminds his Mother"Both of you are very much alike.When Dad died,you went off the deep end and slept with Lily's husband and then left town without saying anything."Tenny tells Allan"Lily and Burt divorced years down the road after our tryst.She's going to be trouble.She's on her way to Adam's Landing and I have a feeling it won't go very well once she arrives."Allan changes subjects,and asks Tenny"Where's my Sister?"Tenny tells him"She's at the Hospital.She's doing an autopsy on Jacob.She will be glad to see you."Allan and Tenny hugs and he tells his Mother"I'm here now Mama."Tenny cries on his shoulder as she too mourns Jacob's death as Allan holds his Mother.
   Ciarra has arrived at The Funeral Home and makes the arrangements for Jacob's cremation,telling the funeral director"I don't want no funeral nor viewing,I want this done quickly and swiftly."The Funeral Director asks Ciarra"Ms.Sullivan,don't you want your family here supporting you during this time of mourning?"Ciarra quickly responds"Just do as I say and don't ask me questions."The Funeral Director shakes his head and goes ahead with Ciarra's wishes as Ciarra turns around to leave,she sees Sully standing there and Ciarra asks her"Why are you here?"Sully tells her Great-Aunt"Grandma told me to follow you."Ciarra looks at Sully and calmly says"You shouldn't have done that Sully.I want to be alone.I need to adjust to it."Sully tries to give Ciarra a hug but she rejects it and she tells Sully"If you want to do anything for me,please leave me be.I'll be ok.Jacob's here with me."Sully,who is concerned,asks"Are you sure?"Ciarra quickly responds"Yes.I'm certainly sure."Sully walks out and heads to Class as Ciarra heads back for Hell Hill,her phone rings and she sees it to be her daughter Lily,Ciarra ignores her call and heads out.
  At City Hospital,Beth is in her office with Terrance,going over Jacob's medical records and Beth tells Terrance"My Mama's side of the family was notorious for keeping secrets.Jacob had a bad heart and at his age,he wouldn't have survived either way it went."Terrance asks Beth"How are you handling all of this?You seem a bit distant?"Beth responds"Jacob was the last one left from Daddy's side of the family.When I was a child,my brother Allan and I spent a lot of time with Aunt Ciarra and Uncle Jacob.We always had a great time with them and they treated us like their own.It hurts but after all's that's happened with Xavier,Leigh,Daddy,B.R.,you eventually get to where it doesn't affect you much.It hurts,but you have to move on as Daddy always told me as well as B.R.."Beth notices something with Terrance and asks him"What's bothering you Terrance?"Terrance assures Beth"It's nothing compared to what you're going through."Beth sternly tells Terrance"I may be hurting but I'm all ears if you need to talk to someone.Is this about Barry?"Terrance confides in Beth"I haven't told Mama yet that I'm gay.I'm really scared to how she'll react."Beth looks at Terrance as he tells her"It's hard to open up to her with all the stress she's under with my Daddy,Aretha inviting Rachel to stay with them.Mama's got a big heart and all of this is wearing her down.All this will do is add to it."Beth grabs Terrance's hand and tells him"Willie comes from a different generation than we do Terrance.She will have issues with accepting it,but she won't stop loving you because you're gay."Terrance,frustratingly says to Beth"Aretha tells me times have changed and Adam's Landing has changed,but I don't think so.I feel in a way I've let Mama down.I don't want to lose her love and support if I tell her."Beth looks at Terrance and tells him with confidence"You're a great man Terrance Evans.You have taken excellent care of Sidney and some people in this world are jackasses.It's a part of life.You need to tell Willie and if it helps,do it here at the Hospital.Somewhere safe for you.I'm here for you as well as Aretha.You can do this."Beth gives Terrance a hug and reminds him"Be strong Terrance.You need to do this."Beth leaves and Terrance follows her outside and stands in the hall and is silent,deep in thought and makes a phone call.
   Ciarra's returned to Hell Hill and finds Tenny sitting on the couch with Allan and Ciarra is stunned to see him and Allan walks over to his Aunt and offers his condolences on Jacob's death.Ciarra is silent and Tenny gently tells Allan"Let me have some time with Baby Sister.Go explore the estate.Beth will be here soon."Allan walks out and Ciarra looks at Tenny,shaking her head and says"It's really real isn't it?"Tenny sighs and says"It is Ciarra.You need to deal with this.Lily's on her way to town and.."Ciarra stops Tenny and asks her Sister with anger growing in her voice"You called Lily?Why did you call Lily?"Tenny reminds Ciarra"She is your Daughter and she needs to know about this."Ciarra gets angry and yells at Tenny"I have not spoke to her in a few years Tennessee and I have my reasons.You needed to leave her out of it.I do not want her around!"Tenny grabs Ciarra and tells her sternly"Lily will not cause you any problems Ciarra.I know what she tried to do.I may have been gone,but I have kept up on things.You got your family and we're all here for you so you remember that!"Ciarra takes a deep breath and tells her Sister"It's hard enough to accept the fact that Jacob is gone,but Lily is going to make things much worse!"Ciarra heads upstairs and Tenny watches on and has a few flashbacks and Beth arrives and notices her Mother is quiet and asks her"Did Ciarra return?"Tenny nods and tells her Daughter"I hate to do this Beth but I think Xavier needs to come back home."Beth responds"Lily?"Tenny replies"She's on her way and we both know Lily."Beth rolls her eyes as does Tenny."
   At Class,Sully arrives and Ava's sitting at her desk and plays with her lighter.Sully asks her Aunt"I take it Winston knows about you're deal?"Ava shakes her head and says"Yes he does and I have a feeling it's about to get worse."Sully tells Ava"Uncle Jacob died last night in his sleep.Aunt Ciarra is in shock and Grandma is holding strong."Ava gives Sully a hug and asks"How's Tenny handling everything."Sully sighs"It's affected her too as Uncle Jacob was the last Sullivan left.I am going to check on them later.Gran's staying at the main house with Grandma and Aunt Ciarra so they got each other."Ava hugs Sully and tells her"Let Ciarra know that We're here for her also.As Tenny said,The Jacksons and the Sullivans are always connected and we're all in this together."Sully thanks her Aunt and Ava gets a call from her receptionist,telling her"You have a visitor."Ava tells the receptionist"Send them in."
  At The Sunset Club,Winston sits in his suite and gets a phone call,informing him of Jacob's passing.Winston hangs up the phone and is quiet for a moment and makes another call.Meanwhile downstairs,Ciarra and Jacob's Daughter,Lily Corbin is checking in and tells the attendant"Send my bags to my room,I have somewhere to go."At Hell Hill,Allan returns to the house and Beth is shocked to see her Brother and welcomes him with a hug and tells him"It's been too long Allan!"Allan responds"I totally agree Big Sis.It seems you're still keeping everything together."Beth sighs"I'm trying Allan.I just called Xavier and he and Leigh are returning home.We need all the support we can get with Lily's arrival."Allan agrees with his Sister and tells her"I'm here for the long haul.I need some help myself."Beth asks"What kind of help?Money?"Allan tells Beth"I'll tell you later when Xavier returns."Upstairs,Ciarra's laying on the bed in the guest room,curled in a fetal position and cries to herself.Tenny is outside the door and walks in the room and Ciarra yells"Leave me alone damnit!You've already caused enough trouble!"Tenny sits on the bed and Ciarra breaks down and Tenny holds her Sister as she cries for Jacob.Tenny tells Ciarra in a stern,but sensitive tone"You have your family Ciarra and you pull it together.You have nothing to fear."Ciarra holds onto Tenny as she consoles Ciarra.At Class,Sully and Ava are in the office as Jack and Rachel walks into the office and Ava's eyes turns red and she asks her Son"Why weren't you at your Uncle's wedding?"Rachel smirks and kisses Jack on the lips as Sully rolls her eyes and Ava pours a hard drink and Rachel snarks at Ava"Aren't you going to welcome me into the family Mommy?"Sully is floored as is Ava as Rachel shows off her wedding ring and says to Ava"Your Son and I are married now!Get used to it bitch!"Ava is in shock and is speechless,as she drops her glass to the floor,and she pulls out her lighter and lights it up,staring at Rachel with an evil look as Sully looks on with disgust and Ava is silent,with her lighter lit,looking at her new Daughter In Law.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY ! THE SPARKS ARE REALLY GOING TO FLY NOW !! LOL CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW'S EPISODE !!

    ReplyDelete