Thursday, February 21, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 99. The Wedding Part 1

   It's the big day in Adam's Landing.At Hell Hill,Beth's busy making calls to caterers and the band to make sure everything goes to plan.She receives a phone call from Sully and is told"Mom didn't show up last night."Beth is curious,remembering Leigh leaving the bachelorette party the night before and tells her Granddaughter"I have an idea where she could be."Beth walks upstairs to Xavier's room and notices Leigh and Xavier laying in bed together.Beth yells"Xavier and Leigh,you two weren't supposed to be together before the wedding!"Xavier and Leigh looks at Beth and reminds her"We're still married.We have trouble sleeping when we're not with each other."Beth tells them"Well it's time to prepare for the wedding.Sully will be over shortly with your tuxedo and the dress."Xavier and Leigh gets up and Xavier tells Leigh with a smile"Today is the big day.Are you excited?"Leigh says calmly"I'm ready X."They kiss and Sully and Jared arrives downstairs.Sully tells Jared"Do your best to keep the bride and groom apart."Jared looks at his Wife and says"Remember who we're talking about Sully.If your Dad wants to see his bride,nothing will stop him."Sully holds Jared and laughs and says with a tear"Daddy's dream has come true as well as mine.Today will be perfect."Beth greets them and tells them"Let's get things started."
   Ciarra,Jacob,and Tenny are at Percy's having breakfast together and Tenny quips"It's really early to start getting ready for a wedding."Ciarra replies to her Sister"Xavier takes after his Grandma."Tenny gives a dirty look to Ciarra and says"I'm a very patient person Ciarra."Ciarra quips"Oh yes Tennessee,very very patient."Jacob tells his Wife and Sister In Law"I hope today goes well for Xavier and Leigh.They deserve some happiness after all they've been through."Tenny tells them"They remind me so much of all of us,J.D. and I,the two of you.You know true love when you see it."All agrees and finishes up.Tenny shows Ciarra and Jacob a ring and tells them"I'm giving this to Xavier.J.D. wore this all the time.I don't think he would mind him wearing it."Jacob says "I don't think he would either."Jacob looks at his ring and looks at Ciarra and says"I remember when J.D.and I was in Europe during the war and you girls worked in the ammo factory and made these rings.J.D would be honored."Ciarra agrees as does Tenny and says"All and all and though I've made my mistakes,my Grandson has done our family proud with Jim's and keeping the family legacy alive."All of them nod and as Jacob heads up slowly to pay their ticket,Tenny notices something with Jacob and asks Ciarra"Is Jacob ok?He looks pale."Ciarra is quiet and says"Tennessee,he's not well.After the wedding's over,Beth's going to give him a check up.He doesn't show it but he's sick."Tenny is concerned and asks Ciarra,noticing she's distant"What's wrong with him?"Ciarra grabs her Sister's hand and says"I just enjoy each moment I have with him.He's sick Tennessee."Jacob walks back over to the table and tells Ciarra and Tenny"Let's go."Ciarra whispers to Tenny"Just keep this to us for now until Beth finds out for sure what's wrong."Tenny gives Ciarra her word and they head back to Hell Hill."
   At The Farm,Ruth's dressed for the wedding and walks into the living room and notices Frank agitated.She asks her Son"What's wrong Frank?"Frank says in frustration"Michael left FJR.He's driving for Jesse Adams' team this year.Damn!"Ruth tells her Son"You have one of the top Stock Car teams in the Cup.You should have no trouble finding a driver to fill his seat."Frank replies"I wish he'd told me about this before he left town so I could have been prepared.Allison's a rookie and we needed Michael.He was a sure shot for the Cup this year.I have to make a few calls and see if I can find someone to fill his seat."Ruth stops Frank and says to him sternly"Today is Xavier and Leigh's wedding.Worry about that after the wedding's over with."Frank says"I may drive in the season opener if I can't find someone else to take his seat."Ruth gives Frank a dirty look and points at him and says sternly"No you won't!After your last race,I can't handle you driving a Stock Car again.Frank you're not a young man anymore.Call your team and tell them to find someone to take his seat because it sure as hell won't be you!"Frank shrugs"Ok Mama."Frank and Ruth begins to head out to Hell Hill and Frank gets a phone call from a member of his team and says"We've found a driver,Cale Stone."Frank is quiet and asks"He's a rookie isn't he?"Frank tells him"Tell Cale I'll meet with him tomorrow and we'll discuss everything."Ruth's in the car and yells"Come on Frank!"Frank and Ruth heads out to Hell Hill and Ruth tells Frank"Turn your phone off!"Frank silences the ringer and off they go.
   Back at Hell Hill,Ava has arrived along with Ciarra,Tenny,and Jacob.Beth walks over to Ava and warns her"Aretha will be here today and don't cause a scene like you did last night."Ava tells Beth"As long as Rachel isn't with her,I don't think we have nothing to worry about."Beth tells Ava"Rachel isn't coming nor is Jack."Ava gets suspicious and tells Beth"That little whore is doing her best to turn my Son against me.I won't play it Beth.Rachel Lane will never be welcomed in my family."Beth sternly says to Ava"I understand your sentiments towards Rachel Ava,trust me I do,but she is carrying a member of your family.None of us are pleased but we need to just deal with it and move on.Today's about Xavier and Leigh.It will stay that way!"Ava agrees with Beth begrudgingly and Ruth and Frank arrives and Aretha shortly follows and Ava and Aretha exchange dirty looks at each other.Ruth rolls her eyes and walks towards her Daughter and warns her"Don't start nothing Ava."Ava looks at her Mother and says"I can't promise anything."Meanwhile Beth gets a phone call and is told the Reverend that was originally going to do the wedding won't be able to make it.The person tells Beth"We're sending one of our newest Ministers will be officiating the wedding."Beth hangs up the phone and the Minister arrives.Beth,Ruth,Frank,and Ava are all floored when they see the Minister, Brock Jr's son,Andy.Beth looks up and says"This could turn ugly when Xavier finds out."Andy tells his family"I joined the Ministry after being released from Prison in Europe."Beth asks in a serious tone"Can you prove you're an actual Minister?"Andy shows them and Ruth hugs her Grandson and says"I am glad you've turned things around."Frank also compliments him while Ava asks"Are you playing Preacher to help Junior steal the family legacy again?"Andy looks at his Aunt and says"I have no interest in it nor have I ever.That was all on him and Tommy."Ruth believes him saying"You were the best one out of Junior's children Andy."Frank agrees and Ava has her doubts but stays quiet.Beth tells everyone to head down to the Gazebo and take their seats as she goes to check on Xavier and Leigh.Everyone heads out as the wedding is soon to start.
   Upstairs,In Xavier's bedroom,Sully and Ciarra are with Leigh as she's dressed and Leigh gets the jitters and compliments Sully,telling her"This wedding dress is absolutely beautiful."Sully smiles and says"I made sure everything was as perfect as possible.I think Daddy's going to love this."Ciarra gives Leigh a gift and Leigh opens it and sees a ring that Ciarra and Tenny made while working in the Ammo factory during World War 2.Leigh starts to cry and Ciarra tells Leigh"I made many of these as did Tenny and I would be honored for you to wear this on your finger."Leigh gives Ciarra a hug and thanks her and Ciarra tells Leigh"It's a tradition to pass this down in the future."Sully smiles as Leigh looks at her Daughter and says"I'll wear this forever Ciarra.When it's time to pass it on,I'll have three choices as to whom to pass this to."Beth walks in the room and says"It's time to start the wedding."The ladies heads downstairs as Beth goes to check on Xavier.In another room upstairs,which was B.R's bedroom,Xavier is dressed and tells his Son In Law"My Princess did a great job on this Tuxedo."Jared says"She's been working day and night on this.She is so happy."Xavier hugs Jared and says"My family's together and with the new additions coming,it's only going to be better."Jacob is in the room and sits quietly,with tears in his eyes and says"You remind me so much of J.D. Xavier.I think Sully looked at J.D. and Tennessee's wedding photo when designing that Tux."Jared responds"She was looking through all the family albums.She wanted it to be perfect."Tenny walks into the room and tells Jacob and Jared"May I have a moment with Xavier?"Jacob and Jared walks out and Jacob pats Tenny on the back on the way out.Tenny sits on the bed and tells her Grandson"Xavier Jackson,I am so proud of you."Xavier looks at Tenny and says"I am only seeing to it our legacy lives on for generations to come."Tenny laughs"You've got a huge family on the horizon my boy."Tenny walks over to Xavier and holds him and says"I want to give this to you.I have held on to this every single day since J.D. died and it's time that you have it."Tenny gives the ring to Xavier and Xavier's taken back and is deeply humbled and says"Grandma I loved this ring.Papaw wore this all the time."Tenny says with tears"Ciarra and I made rings from bullet shells in the Ammo Factory in Blue Ridge during World War 2.I sent this to him in Europe when he was on the battlefield and we wore these as a sign of togetherness.He would want you to have this."Xavier thanks his Grandmother with a hug and kiss on the cheek and tells her humbly"I don't know what to say."Tenny cries with a smile and walks out as Beth walks in the room and asks her Son with tears in her eyes"Are you ready Xavier?"Xavier tells her"Yes I am Mother."Beth warns him"Andy's the minister.The Reverend we originally asked had to back out."Xavier calmly and cautiously asks"Brock Jr's son Andy?"Beth sighs and says"Yes son.He is a Minister now ironically.He always had some smarts."Xavier says to his Mother"Nothing will ruin this day for me."Beth hugs her son and they head to the gazebo as the wedding's about to start.
 

1 comment:

  1. EVERYTHING IS FALLING INTO PLACE ! THINGS ARE JUST TOOOO PERFECT !! KEEP WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO SPOIL THE MOMENT ! SURE HOPE NOT !! THEY DESERVE TO HAVE THIS HAPPY MOMENT ! PLEASE DON'T LET ANYTHING SPOIL IT !! LOL

    ReplyDelete