Friday, February 15, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 95. Friends And Benefits

  At The Exposer,Rachel's visiting with Aretha and Aretha's receptionist says"Someone's here to see Ms.Lane."Aretha tells the receptionist"Send them in."Jack comes in with a bouquet of roses for Rachel and gives her a kiss and says"Happy Valentine's Day."Rachel blushes and is humbled,telling Jack"How sweet of you."Aretha watches on with a smile and asks Rachel"I think he's a keeper."Rachel sighs with stars in her eyes"I think so too.He's perfect."Jack shrugs"I have my faults.Nobody's perfect."Aretha agrees with Jack,saying with a laugh"Ain't that the truth."All laugh and Aretha asks Jack and Rachel"What are your plans for Valentine's Day?"Rachel tells Aretha,holding onto Jack"I plan to go anywhere I don't run into Ava."Aretha rolls her eyes and says to Jack and Rachel"I can't explain Ava.I really can't.She has the best of intentions but she has a one track mind."Jack and Rachel mention of their run in with Ava the day before at Chantel's and Aretha tells them"Don't worry about Ava.If she keeps it up,she will be my next cover story."Both Jack and Rachel looks at Aretha,Rachel likes it while Jack isn't happy and asks Aretha"Leave my Mom out of The Exposer.Everybody knows about Jamie and Ava."Aretha tells Jack"Your Mom needs to back off.She did inherit The Jackson mean streak."Jack and Rachel laughs and Rachel says"I can only imagine what's to come when Xavier finds out I'm carrying his child."All of them looks up and sighs and Aretha warns Rachel"I think you'll have a few more people out gunning for you."Rachel has a look of worry and says"I think I know how I'm going to handle this."Aretha and Jack both are curious as to what Rachel's plan is.
  At Hell Hill,Everyone's cleared out and Beth's alone with Ciarra and Jacob.They sit in the living room and Beth asks her Aunt"What was you and Mama bickering about earlier?"Jacob looks at Ciarra sternly and says"Ma,It's either you or me?"Ciarra takes a deep breath and Beth notices the hesitation between them and asks them in a concerned tone"Is something wrong with Mama?She's been distant since she's came to town."Ciarra is quiet and Jacob nudges his Wife and says"Beth needs to know Ciarra."Ciarra tells her Niece"Your Mom didn't come back to the States for a social call.She came back because she's in danger.She is broke and she owes money to some bookies in Monte Carlo."Beth is shocked but stays calm and asks"How much does she owe them?"Jacob tells Beth"A couple million that I know of.She could owe more than that though.The bookies are looking for her.If she doesn't pay them."Ciarra grabs Jacob's hand and starts to cry telling Beth and Jacob"Tennessee's the last Sister I have left.I'm scared for her.She's been distant since J.D. died 24 years ago.I don't think she's ever got over him and she's so damn stubborn and has so much false pride.I'm scared it's going to get her."Beth tells them"Mama's never been one to tell me when she's in trouble or something's wrong with her.I'm going to Mama's room at the club and talk to her about this.With Xavier and Leigh returning and renewing their vows,we don't need another tragedy over-shadowing a joyous event."Ciarra and Jacob hugs Beth and tells her"We're not going anywhere.If you need us,we'll be here."Beth hugs her Aunt and Uncle and says to them"I'm glad you're here."Mama will need all of us I fear.Beth heads out and Ciarra and Jacob both have a look of concern and worry as Ciarra holds onto Jacob and says"I'm scared Pa."Jacob assures his wife"We all are Ma,all of us."
  Tenny meanwhile,sits in the bar at The Sunset Club,and the manager arrives and says to Tenny"Ms.Sullivan,your credit cards are maxed out.You will have to find another place to stay."Tenny looks at the manager,embarrassed and snaps"My credit is fine.I don't know what the hell you are talking about!"The Manager says"I'm sorry Ms.Sullivan but we don't allow people to stay here for free."Tenny is disgusted.Winston walks over and tells the Manager"I will pay for her room and whatever the little lady wants."Tenny's speechless as Winston tells the Manager"Here's my card."The Manager walks off and Tenny tells Winston sternly"You did not have to do that.I can take care of myself!"Winston tells Tenny"I know that but it seems you could use a friend."Tenny shakes her head and says"I appreciate your helping me.How will I repay you?"Winston tells Tenny"I don't expect anything.I am only paying it forward."Tenny gets suspicious and looks intently at Winston and asks"Don't you own Foodstar?"Winston responds"I used to.My Ex-Wife gave the company to her Brother and it's now a subsidiary of Jim's."Tenny tells Winston"Times sure have changed in the business world."Winston responds to Tenny"It's a sore spot for me,at my age and not having my legacy.I miss it,but it's in good hands with my Grandson watching over it."Winston gets up to leave and tells Tenny"Don't worry about a thing when it comes to money,I got everything covered."Tenny thanks him as he walks off."Tenny sees someone in the bar and gets scared,as they walk over to her and tells her"You have a debt to pay."Tenny tells the man"I know.I've got everything taken care of."The man tells her in a serious tone"If you don't pay us that money soon,you will be joining your husband."Tenny is scared and frozen for a moment and makes a phone call to her banker in Blue Ridge.
   At Class,Ava is in her office and Sully stops in and drops off the designs for Leigh's wedding dress.Sully tells her Aunt"I want a rush on this soon so it'll be ready before wedding day."Ava goes over the designs and says"This is beautiful.Leigh's going to look beautiful in this."Sully tells Ava"As for Daddy,I have a white tuxedo ready that will go with Mom's dress."Sully shows Ava and Ava says"This wedding will be one for the ages if Leigh accepts his proposal."Sully assures Ava"Mom and Dad are inseparable.It's going to happen.He called me earlier and confirmed it."Ava gets excited and says"I am so happy for them."Sully smiles and says"Everything is going great right now.My family is at peace and it's beautiful."Ava reminds Sully"For now it's peaceful but you should know by now that it is temporary."Sully agrees and hugs Ava and Ava tells her"I'll put a rush on these and when they come in,I'll call you."Sully tells Ava"Thank you for helping me down here.I'm new to the business world."Ava winks and says"We're family Sully.That's what family's about."Sully smiles and heads back home and Ava puts the orders in for Leigh's dress and Xavier's tuxedo and then she makes a phone call and says to the person on the other line"Meet me later at The Mansion,I got a proposition."
   Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Ciarra and Jacob are sitting in the living room and they sit next to each other and Xavier and Leigh walks in and Ciarra gets excited and runs over and gives her Great-Nephew a hug and says"Welcome Home Xavier."Jacob compliments Leigh,telling her"You are still a stunner after all these years."Leigh looks down and says"You're still a charmer Jacob."Xavier asks them"Where's Mother?"Ciarra and Jacob looks at each other for a moment and tells Xavier"She had to run an errand.She'll return shortly."
Ciarra jumps to the point and asks Xavier and Leigh"So what happened in Blue Ridge?"Xavier and Leigh are silent as Leigh shows them her ring and Ciarra starts to cry and says"I knew this would happen.Congratulations you two."They all hug and Leigh tells Ciarra and Jacob"I got the best husband in the world.Now we're going to renew this for the long run.Like you two have."All of the smiles and Xavier changes subjects and asks Ciarra"Have you seen Grandma since you've been in town?"Ciarra and Jacob says to Xavier"Yes we have.That's where Beth's went."Xavier asks"What's wrong?"Ciarra and Jacob is silent and calmly tell him"She's broke and is in trouble."Xavier grows concerned as does Leigh as Ciarra and Jacob tells them"I think everything will be ok.We got a wedding to look forward to."Xavier smiles and says"Yes we do."
   Beth has arrived at Tenny's room at The Sunset Club and knocks on the door and gets no response.The bellboy walks by and Beth asks them to let her in,telling him"I'm Ms.Sullivan's daughter."The bellboy opens the door and Beth notices Tenny isn't there and finds her phone and checks her texts and she shakes her head and says to herself"This is bad.This is bad."and walks out and gives the bellboy a huge tip and heads back to Hell Hill.At Aretha's office at The Exposer,a reporter walks into the room and gives her a story.Aretha asks the reporter"Who gave this story to you?"The reporter says"I checked this out and it's true.It will be a huge seller if you publish it."Aretha looks at it and says"I don't know if that is a good idea.I'll let you know."The reporter walks out and Aretha reads the story and says"This is hot but it will burn some bridges if this is published."At Ava's Mansion,Ava receives her visitor and it's Burt and he asks Ava"What did you want to see me about?I'm getting tired of talking about Rachel.There's nothing else to discuss with her."Ava says to Burt"I can tell you still love her or lusting after her.Is it true?"Burt asks"Is what true?"Ava looks at Burt and says"About her parents?"Burt is suspicious and says to Ava"How do you know?"Ava in a calm,un-suspecting tone tells him"Refresh me Burt."Burt says to Ava"If you're talking about Rodney and Rachel,then yes it is."Ava asks"What happened between them?Incest?"Burt tells Ava"He molested her."Ava is shocked and shakes her head and quips"I always knew that man was a real sicko."Ava changes subjects and tells Burt"Now to what I discussed with you on the phone.I want you to do something for me."Burt asks"What do you want Ava?"Ava says to him"I want you to romance Rachel."Burt is shocked and is silent."Tenny meanwhile is at Chantel's,sitting by herself and pulls out a envelope,which has her shares of Jim's inside."Tenny looks at a photo of J.D.,that she looks at in her wallet and says with tears forming"I failed you my love.But I have to do this."Winston arrives and Tenny tells Winston"I know a way for you to own Foodstar again."Winston asks Tenny"How is that?"Tenny hands over the envelope and tells him"I need money and this is my only option."Winston is silent and looks at Tenny and says to her"Are you serious?"At Hell Hill,Sully has arrived to see her Mother and Father and Xavier tells her"It's official!"Sully starts to cry and hugs her parents as Ciarra and Jacob watches on with a smile on their face.Beth returns and gives Xavier and Leigh a hug and says to them with tears of joy in her eyes"I cannot wait to see the two of you walk down the aisle."Xavier says"Me either Mother."As Xavier,Leigh,Sully,Beth,Ciarra,and Jacob are celebrating Xavier's and Leigh's upcoming wedding,outside the front door are Rachel,with Jack by her side for support.Jack asks Rachel"Are you sure now's the right time to tell Uncle Xavier?"Rachel says to Jack"If I don't,it only gives your Mom more ammo to use against me."

1 comment:

  1. OH NO! PLEASE DON'T UPSTAGE THE WEDDING !! X AND LEIGH DESERVE TO HAVE A LITTLE HAPPINESS AFTER ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED ! PLEASE WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE WEDDING BEFORE DESTROYING THEIR HAPPINESS !!

    ReplyDelete