Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 98. The Night Before

   It's evening time in Adam's Landing and at Hell Hill,Beth and Sully are getting everything ready for Leigh's Bachelorette's party before the wedding.Leigh arrives with Xavier and Beth tells her son"It's ladies only tonight Xavier!"Xavier quips"It's my damn house."Sully walks over to her Father and tells him"I think you have some people waiting for you down at The Sunset Club.Jared told me about it."Xavier gives Sully a hug as well as Leigh and he says"I guess I'll be sleeping alone tonight too?"Leigh reminds Xavier"It's bad luck to see the Bride before the wedding X."Xavier sighs and tells Sully"You better take care of her.She's carrying some precious cargo."Sully looks at her Father and says"You go have fun.Mom will be fine!"Xavier leaves and Leigh quips"He was this way when we got married the first time.Why we eloped instead."Beth and Sully laughs and Beth says with a laugh"Xavier isn't patient.If he had it his way you guys would be eloping tonight."Leigh laughs as does Sully.Ciarra and Tenny arrives after shopping and both of them are bickering.Tenny argues with her Sister"I told you to let me pick out the damn gift you stubborn old woman."Ciarra looks at Beth,Leigh,and Sully and quips"Tennessee's having a senior moment."All of them laughs as Tenny tells Ciarra"You brought something old,I brought something blue and well we have something new coming soon from Leigh."Beth tells her Mother and Aunt with a laugh"You two behave yourselves."As Sully,Beth,and Ciarra gets everything finalized,Leigh and Tenny sits down on the couch and Tenny looks at Leigh and says"So you're having twins."Leigh sighs"Yes I am.It's hard to believe."Tenny says calmly"No it isn't.Ciarra had a child in her 40s and it's normal.You make Xavier happy and that's all that matters."Leigh smiles and says to Tenny"I'm just glad things are good right now and everything worked out."Tenny sighs and holds Leigh's hand and says"Me too Leigh.Me too."
   At Ava's Mansion,Ava is preparing to head to Hell Hill with Ruth and Jack comes downstairs and is preparing to leave.Ava asks her Son"Are you going to Xavier's Bachelor Party?"Jack looks at his Mom and says in frustration"I'm going to see Rachel."Ava rolls her eyes and says with a tone of disgust"You're still under the whore's spell aren't you?"Jack ignores Ava's insult and leaves.Ruth asks her Daughter"That whore's carrying Xavier's child Ava.You need to let your grudges go."Ava looks at her Mother and says"I don't want Jack to get hurt.I'm only protecting him the best way I know how."Ruth responds"I understand that Ava,but your tactics are going to cost you badly if you keep it up.Willie told me that you and Aretha are having differences over her too."Ava rolls her eyes and says"Yes Aretha and I are at odds over Rachel.She reminds me of Jamie."Ruth looks at Ava and tells her Daughter sternly"Willie and I have been best friends from when we picked cotton in the fields at Hell Hill.You and Aretha have been friends since childhood.Don't let your differences over Rachel ruin that friendship."Ava is silent as Ruth tells Ava"Let's get on over to Hell Hill.I've braced myself in case Tenny wants to start in about Frank and Beth's marriage years ago or anything else.She is quite snobby."Ava says"And you wonder where I got my temper from.I'll never forget the reception from Beth and Frank's wedding and you and Tenny went at it."Ruth laughs and says"Tenny never liked our family,especially Frank after his affair with Claudia.That woman can hold a grudge."Both of them laughs and heads for Hell Hill.
   Meanwhile Xavier's arrived at The Jackson Room at The Sunset Club,and finds Bobby,Country,Jared,Jacob,Frank,Jack,and Burt waiting.Xavier notices all the alcohol and a stripper pole in the middle of the room and Xavier looks at Burt and Country and asks"Which one of you did this?"Burt quips"It wasn't me."Country,who's already buzzed,yells"I did it X!We're going to party tonight before you tie yourself down again."Xavier tells them"I don't think that will be needed.I have been single too long.I'm ready to renew those vows to the woman of my dreams."Xavier pours himself a drink and tells everyone"I got three children on the way.It's a lot to take in."Country yells"Three?Damn you get around!"Xavier looks at him and says"I have one accident and Leigh's carrying twins."Frank pours a drink as does everyone else except Jacob,who passes on the alcohol and has club soda instead.Frank says"I propose a toast to my Brother Xavier,whom I'll always see as a Son.You deserve to be happy and here's to you and Leigh!"All of them toasts and Xavier asks everyone"When the wedding starts tomorrow,Frank,you're going to walk Leigh down the aisle.Country,Burt,Jared,you guys will be my best men.Bobby,I want you to be the ring bearer and Uncle Jacob,make sure my Grandma behaves herself."Jacob laughs"That one's a lost cause" as all of them laughs.As everyone parties,Jacob sits down and Xavier notices it and sits next to his Uncle and asks him"Are you ok?"Jacob shrugs and says"I'm fine Xavier.At my age these kinds of occasions wear an old man like me out."Xavier looks at his Uncle and says"I think this will be the Country show from the looks of things."Jacob laughs and says"He is definitely enjoying himself."Xavier quips"The Club will love the check they get in the morning."Meanwhile Country,Burt,Jack,and Jared drinks up and are enjoying themselves immensely.Frank and Bobby are talking and Bobby tells Frank"I'm glad to see you and Xavier growing close again."Frank pats Bobby on the back and says"Me too Bobby.I did him wrong growing up as well as Beth."Bobby asks Frank"You still love her don't you?"Frank is quiet for a moment and says"Yes I do.But we're better as friends."Bobby tells Frank"B.R. wouldn't admit to you,but he always watched the races back when you were driving.He was proud of you.He wasn't one to show it but he was."Frank is humbled and says"Daddy and I were very similar.I think that's why we always fought."Bobby agrees and tells Frank,changing the subject back to Beth,he advises Frank"You should asks Beth out for a date and see what happens."Frank shrugs and says"I'm not sure.I might."Meanwhile as Country,Burt,and Jared party up,Xavier sneaks out as does Jacob.Bobby notices and tells Frank"We're going to have to chaperone this one."Frank laughs and says"I have to agree."
   Back at Hell Hill,Ava and Ruth has arrived as Beth,Sully,Leigh,Tenny,Ciarra,and Gabriella has already got things underway.Tenny notices Ruth and asks her sarcastically"I didn't think you would arrive as you're so modest."Ciarra slaps Tenny's hand and says to her Sister"I warned you."Ruth looks at Ciarra and says"Your Oldest Sister doesn't bother me.She is entitled to her own opinions on my family.Remember,opinions are like assholes."Ciarra laughs as does Ava.Tenny is silent and notices Beth gathering at the table in the living room and tells everyone"I want to make a toast!To my beautiful Daughter In Law,who is carrying twins and to a long and happy marriage to the love of her life,my son."All of the ladies toast as Sully stands next to her Mom and Leigh is quiet and everyone toasts.Meanwhile,more guests arrive as Aretha comes inside and Ruth welcomes her and behind her follows Rachel.Ava,who's had a few drinks,yells at Rachel"What in the hell are you doing here you whore?"Everyone rolls their eyes as Rachel tells Ava in a cocky tone"I was invited."Ava looks around and asks"Who in the hell invited this bitch to the party?"Beth tells Ava"I did.Call it breaking her in since she's carrying my Grandchild as well."Sully is shocked and asks her Mother"So Rachel Lane's also pregnant and carrying Daddy's child?"Leigh says to Sully"Yes she is.She told us yesterday and I can only respect her for telling us about it."Aretha warns Ava"This is a happy occasion so straighten your ass out."Ava yells back at Aretha"Why are you so damn protective over this attention-seeking tramp?"Aretha looks at Ava and says to her sternly"Now I'm warning you to knock it off."Meanwhile Sully tells Beth as the fireworks starts"I have to side with Ava.Why did you invite Rachel?"Beth and Leigh tells Sully"Like it or not,Rachel is carrying your brother or sister.We take care of our own."Meanwhile on the couch,Ruth,Tenny,and Ciarra are also watching the fireworks and Ruth quips"Damn I wish I could have something to drink right about now."Tenny watches on and says"This is a true Southern get together.We should have charged admission for this."Ruth and Ciarra looks at Tenny and says at the same time"Shut up Tenny!"Back to the fireworks,Rachel begins to lay into Ava,snarling"I beat you to it didn't I?I know you have it out for me because I'm with your son.And I know it just gets at you that my child will be calling you Auntie Ava."Ava slaps Rachel and Aretha tells Ava"I warned you" and Aretha slaps Ava,telling her"You know better than to slap a pregnant woman!"Ava snaps"I make concessions when it comes to snakes like Rachel."Leigh sneaks off and tells Beth and Sully"I think Hell Hill is coming alive and I'm bolting!"Sully and Beth stays behind as Aretha defends Rachel and Ava quips"You have to protect your cover story don't cha?The poor little rich tramp who sleeps with whoever she can drug or manipulate."Aretha has enough Rachel is ready to fight and Ruth and Ciarra walks Rachel out as a cat fight ensues between Aretha and Ava.Tenny meanwhile walks over to Beth and says"My bet's on Ava."Beth replies"This has turned into a disaster."Sully yells"Party's over!"Beth breaks Aretha and Ava up and Tenny yells"Why did you do that Beth?I was enjoying the show!"Beth sarcastically responds"A bit too much."Sully and Gabriella takes Ruth home as Rachel is outside,before Sully and Ruth leaves,Sully sternly tells Rachel"I'm watching you."
   A few hours later,At The Sunset Club,Country and Burt are still drinking and both are trashed.Burt slurs to Country"I think I could grow used to these parties."Country laughs"It's a tradition down here.Welcome to Adam's Landing."Ava has arrived back home in a furious mood and notices many missed calls.She says to herself"The old man must be pissed right now.I showed him!"Ava heads upstairs."At The Penthouse,Sully and Jared are laying in bed and Jared asks Sully,holding on to her closely"So Hell Hill lived up to its name huh?"Sully sighs and says"It was wild.And we didn't need a stripper.We had Rachel and Ava.Both of them laughs and Sully says to Jared"Just think,tomorrow my parents will renew their vows and my family's about to grow by leaps and bounds."Jared kisses her and says"At least you'll get some practice in being around kids when we have one down the road."Sully leans over and asks her Husband"Are you ready to try for a child?"Jared in a sly tone,responds"I don't know,but the practice is fun."Jared kisses Sully as she returns the kiss and they begin to make love.At Hell Hill,Beth and Tenny are resting up after the Bachelorette's party.Tenny tells her Daughter"I enjoyed that.Reminds me of when I watched my favorite soap years ago."Beth tells her Mother"I'm off to bed.Tonight was a disaster."Tenny softly pushes Beth and says"Ava and Rachel reminds me of you and Desi."Beth says"Scary isn't it."Both of them have a laugh.Upstairs,Ciarra and Jacob are in bed in one of the guest rooms and Ciarra asks Jacob"Are you ok?"Jacob tells his Wife"I got weak again tonight at the Bachelor's party.After the wedding,I'm going back to Blue Ridge to see my doctor."Ciarra reminds Jacob"Our Niece is a doctor Pa,she's one of the best.You need to let her check you out."Jacob is silent and Ciarra reminds him"We don't need anymore secrets.After the wedding,you're going to let Beth check you out."Jacob says to Ciarra"You always win Ma."Ciarra kisses him and says"Yes I do."They give each other a kiss and turns out the lights and goes to sleep.On Lover's Rock,overlooking the creek,Leigh and Xavier sit next to each other,holding hands and filling each other in on each other's parties.They laugh and Xavier holds Leigh close to him and says"I love to come down here sometimes to just sit and watch the creek flow.It's nicer that you're with me."Leigh looks at Xavier with a smile and tells him"Tomorrow we'll be Married again X."Xavier says to Leigh with a kiss"This is only a renewal and we have been married for 23 years Ms.Jackson.We're only letting everyone know that a new chapter begins and I can't wait."Xavier wraps his arms around Leigh and they kiss as it's cool and quiet outside with the crickets chirping,and love in the air as both of them hold each other's hand and are quiet and at peace,sitting on the Lover's Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment