Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 93. Desperation

    It's later in the day and in Blue Ridge,Xavier has went to the Regional Headquarters of Jim's,his Grandfather J.D. Sullivan's grocery chain that Xavier now owns and operates.He walks into his old office and sees someone in there and is shocked when the man turns around and asks Xavier in shock"What are you doing back here?"Xavier goes"Uncle Jacob?I thought you retired?"Jacob Sullivan is J.D's Brother and helped his Brother start Jim's back in the 1940s after World War 2.Jacob tells his great-nephew"I come here often.It's quiet here anymore since everything's moved to Adam's Landing."Xavier assures his Uncle"Everything is well under control with Papaw's company."Xavier then asks"Where's Aunt Ciarra?"Jacob tells Xavier"She's in Adam's Landing.Your Grandmother's there."Xavier responds"Mother told me she was in town but I haven't seen her."Jacob looks down for a moment and looks up and changes the subject and asks"How's Leigh doing?I was stunned to hear she was still alive."Xavier smiles and tells him"My world's complete.She's back at the hotel resting.I got restless and thought I'd come here."Jacob smiles and grabs Xavier in a hug and tells him"I'm glad you came back."Xavier responds humbly"I am too.I got one more place to go and then it's back to Adam's Landing again.Don't want to stay away too long."Jacob laughs"You are still a work horse after all these years."Xavier smiles and says"It isn't easy being me.You should come down to visit one day."Jacob tells Xavier"I'll be down there when you return.I don't want to miss it for the world.Ciarra is already excited about your plan."Xavier tells his Uncle,walking out"I still feel Papaw in here when I walk in this office.Both of you were my heroes growing up."Jacob hugs his Great-nephew and says"J.D. would be proud of you."Xavier smiles and walks out and returns to the Hotel to Leigh.Jacob meanwhile makes a phone call to his Wife and asks her"Did you arrive safely?"Ciarra Sullivan,Tenny's Sister and Jacob's Wife tells him"I'm in Adam's Landing.I'm about to pay Tenny a visit."Jacob tells her"I love you Ma."She answers him"I love you too Pa.I'll see you soon."Jacob hangs up the phone and looks at a portrait of his Brother,hanging on the wall and says"Please watch over Tenny.She's in trouble."
   Back in Adam's Landing,Michael's at the Funeral Home,alone and standing over Desi's casket and says with tears filling his eyes"Mom,I tried to make peace but you know Rachel.Anyways I will never forget you."He kisses his Mom and turns around and Frank's there and Michael tells Frank"Thank you for being here.It means a lot to me."Frank tells Michael"Everyone needs someone in times like this."Michael tells Frank"I'm going to have her funeral tomorrow and afterwards I'm leaving town."Frank asks him"Where are you going?"Michael tells Frank"I'm moving to LaFayette.It's closer to the racing scene and I can keep tabs on the other drivers and teams."Frank hugs Michael and tells him sadly"I hate it things didn't work out between you and your Sister,but this is the best thing for you."Michael tells Frank"I'll still come to town to visit Mom's grave and visit the shop,but there's nothing left here.If I stay,I will do something I'll regret."Frank compliments Michael and tells him"Your a smart man Michael.This move will be great for you and a new start."Michael looks at Frank and tells him in a humble tone"Thank you for being there for me.You don't know what it means to me."Frank tells him"I want you to do as I told you earlier today and be smart and take your frustrations out on the track and if you do it the right way,We got that Cup this year!"Michael smiles and tells Frank"We're going to win it.I promise that."Frank smiles and hugs his Driver and tells him"I'll see you at the racetrack."Michael tells Frank"I'll be there."Frank walks out and Michael looks at his Mom and is silent as tears fall from his eyes as he kisses his Mother's forehead and closes her casket and heads to his room at The Sunset Club.
   At Jackson Inc,Jared is in his office and Sully walks into his office and Jared looks up and says to his Wife in a flirting tone"May I help you?"Sully replies"I was looking for the man who runs Foodstar."Jared hugs Sully and tells his Wife with a kiss"I'm here baby.How's everything coming along?"Sully pulls out her briefcase and pulls out her design for Leigh's dress."Jared is stunned and tells Sully"That will be perfect.I think you may have a big seller on your hands."Sully tells Jared with a smile"Mom used to be a model many years ago.She'll look great in it."Sully then changes the subject and tells Jared"I received a visitor earlier in the day.The old man come to visit."Jared rolls his eyes and says"Grandfather?"Sully looks up and sighs"Yes and he saw Gabriella and the fur was ready to fly until I told him to get the hell out of our house."Jared laughs and says"It seems you've returned to yourself again.You better get used to having him around now I'm running The Hale family legacy."Sully tells Jared"I'm glad you were raised by your Mom rather than Winston or Chant."Jared replies"Me too.God knows what would have happened if I had been raised at Northbrook."Sully walks over to Jared and kisses him and asks"Are everyone gone from the office?"Jared looks at Sully with stars in his eyes and says"Burt left earlier and I'm finishing up."Sully holds on to Jared and tells him"I missed you today."Jared kisses Sully and says"I missed you too."Sully then says in a seductive tone"I'm feeling adventurous."Jared asks"What are you plotting Sully?"Sully pushes Jared onto the desk and jumps on top of him and says"I've seen these kinds of things in movies before.I want to try this."Jared smiles as Sully unbuttons his shirt and kisses him and the heat rises between them.Jared reminds Sully"The door's unlocked."Sully whispers in Jared's ear"I don't care."as they begin to make love on Jared's desk.
   At Chantel's,Rachel is sitting with Jack and Jack asks her"How are you holding up?"Rachel shrugs"I'm fine.Like I said,I'm over all of it."Rachel tells Jack"I'm about to head back to Aretha's.She got the results from my paternity test."Jack is shocked and asks Rachel"Who ordered a paternity test?"Rachel gives Michael a look and says"Dr.Jackson and your Mom."Jack rolls his eyes as he sighs"This doesn't look good."Rachel tells Jack"Ava doesn't scare me.I know her history but she best think twice before messing with me.I know how the game's played."Ava arrives and says to Rachel sarcastically"I would think you'd be at the Funeral Home saying goodbye to your Mother."Jack gets angry and tells his Mother"Leave Rachel alone Mom.She's been through enough already and she doesn't need you to add to her problems."Ava looks at her Son and says to him"Don't be a sucker Jack.The Barrs,Lanes,whatever they want to call themselves are all out for them.Don't fall for it."Rachel hisses at Ava"Go to hell!Rachel kisses Jack and Ava looks on with red in her eyes as Rachel heads home.Jack then tears into his Mother telling her"What in the hell is your problem with Rachel?She's lost her Mom and you're going to cause her more grief?"Ava pulls out a piece of paper and tells Jack"I won't approve of that tramp being a part of my family,and I will see to it that she isn't."Ava shows Rachel's results to her son and says"It looks like I won't be a Grandma anytime soon thank god!"Jack warns his Mother"You better not hold this over her head or start plotting with Aunt Beth."Ava tells Jack in a confident tone"Beth knows all to well about this sort of thing due to her past with Desi.I refuse to go through that with Rachel."Jack yells"Mom I don't care about the damn results.It's up to Rachel what she decides to do and I'll support her nonetheless!"Ava stares at Jack and says in a tone of disappointment"You've already fallen for her haven't you?"Jack yells"Yes I have and you leave her alone Mom!"Jack leaves abruptly and Ava shakes her head and says"Rachel doesn't know what she's getting herself into."Burt arrives into Chantel's and Ava sees him and walks up to the bar and sits next to him.She tells Burt"I have something to show you."Burt asks Ava"What is it?"Ava says"Rachel's paternity results."
   At The Sunset Club,Ciarra arrives and sees Tenny sitting at a table in the bar and walks up and says"Tennessee Martin Sullivan,what have you gotten yourself into?"Tenny is shocked as she sees her Sister and says to Ciarra"I came to town to visit the family.Why are you here?"Ciarra replies"I'm here for the same reasons."Tenny calmly says"I have many reasons for being here.Beth,Xavier,Sully,Jim's."Ciarra shakes her head and tells Tenny"I'm your baby Sister,I can tell when you're hiding something."Tenny tells Ciarra sternly"If I have any problems,it's you and Beth meddling in my private life."Ciarra gets livid and tells Tenny"I know about Monaco.Jacob knows as well.How could you blow everything away like that."Tenny gets angry and asks Ciarra"Why do you care?You have all the things I don't.Your husband is still alive and healthy.My J.D. is gone Ciarra.I screwed up and I am kicking myself over it."Ciarra holds Tenny's hand and reminds her gently"You have your family Tennessee.I'm not here to judge you.We have always confided in each other.What's wrong?"Tenny is silent and starts to cry,telling Ciarra"I'm broke.I have nothing left.I got carried away in Monaco and made some bad investments that blew up in my face."Ciarra shakes her head and asks her"You are broke?How could that happen?"Tenny confesses to her Sister"I got addicted to the rush from gambling.I borrowed some money and I am screwed."Ciarra holds her Sister as Tenny cries on Ciarra's shoulder and tells her"Losing J.D. affected me more than I let on.I have never been able to move on.I miss him so much."Ciarra assures Tenny"I'm sure Beth and Xavier will help you out of this mess.Jacob and I are here as well."Tenny gets defensive and warns Ciarra"Don't tell Beth about this or Xavier.I mean it.They are not to know."Ciarra scolds Tenny"You need help you stubborn old broad so let go of your false pride and ask for help before they start coming after you."Tenny in a paranoid tone,asks Ciarra"I'm wanted?"Ciarra tells Tenny"I have been called by your bookies.You're in serious trouble.You're the last Sister I have left.I'm not ready to lose you."Ciarra leaves and Tenny sits at her table,she wipes her eyes and a man comes over to her table and asks her"Are you ok?"Tenny angrily says"I want to be alone."The man says to Tenny"I overheard you talking to your sister.I can help you."Tenny asks him"Who are you?"The man says"I'm Winston Hale."
   Rachel has returned to The Evans Home and Aretha and Willie greets her with a hug as both ask her"Where did you go?"Rachel tells them"I had dinner with Jack and we got interrupted by Mommy Dearest."Aretha rolls her eyes and says"Don't worry about her.I'll take care of Ava."Aretha tells Rachel"I know about the paternity test and I have the results."Aretha hands them to Rachel as she reads them.Aretha and Willie stand by her as she looks at them and says"I'm not surprised.This isn't good."At Chantel's,Ava's shown Burt the results and Ava quips"It looks like you won't have to pay child support."Burt tells Ava"I wish I could have been the Father.I wanted another chance to be a Father after turning my own children away."Ava says to Burt"Now the ball is in Xavier's court and he's so happy right now.I don't know how he'll react when he finds out."Burt says to Ava"If Rachel's smart,she'll tell him the truth."Ava tells Burt"Oh she will.Now my problem is how do I get her away from my Son."In Blue Ridge,Xavier and Leigh are riding around and pulls up in front of an abandoned Foodstar.Leigh looks at Xavier and asks him"Why are we here X?"Xavier tells Leigh"We got married here 23 years ago."Leigh looks at Xavier and jokes"Is your memory slipping X?Maybe you need to rest after getting that concussion."Xavier tells Leigh"The church we eloped in was torn down a few years after you died and Winston and Chant opened a Foodstar here.When I took over the company,well I shut it down."Leigh tells Xavier"I've missed out on a lot haven't I?"Xavier grabs her hand and says"Both of us have but now we're together again."They stare into each other's eyes and they kiss and they head back to the hotel and Leigh once again asks Xavier"What are you planning?"Xavier smiles at her and says"You'll find out tomorrow."
  

1 comment: