Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 268. Tenny's Finale: Part 1.

   It's the next morning, and at Floyd and Ciarra's home at Whispering Hills, Floyd walks out of the bedroom, as Ciarra sits at the kitchen table, as Floyd asks his Wife "Have you been up all night?" Ciarra's eyes are red, from crying, and she looks at her Husband, as she says, trying not to cry "I am hurting right now. I don't want  to sleep, I don't want anything except to have Tennessee back in my life again. That's all I want Floyd." Floyd looks at Ciarra, and gently says "She's watching over you." Ciarra says "That's not enough Floyd, I want her here. It wasn't her time." Across the road, at Hell Hill, Xavier sits in his study, as he reads The Exposer, which reads "Tenny Sullivan: 1924-2014.". Leigh walks inside, and asks her Husband "Are you up to visitors? Wallace is here." Xavier tells his Wife "Not really. We need to get ready for Grandma's funeral. I'm making the plans. A private funeral in Blue Ridge, with just the family." Leigh looks at Xavier, and tells him "I'm staying here with Gracie and Little X. Those two are getting wild, and I'm going to babysit Ruthie also." Xavier tells his Wife "Send Wallace inside." Leigh kisses her Husband, and walks outside, and Wallace walks inside, and Xavier looks at his Nephew, as Wallace tells Xavier "I thought I would give you this." Wallace pulls out a paper, and hands it to Xavier, and says "You have my sympathies Uncle Xavier." Xavier reads the piece of paper, and looks at Wallace, and asks "You are really doing this?" Wallace tells his Uncle "I used to get a letter every month from Monaco when Mrs.Sullivan lived there, and she always cursed  me, as she kept up with the trade papers. I've ordered all Wallace's stores to put the Sullivan's banner over our name for the next week. Wasn't for her really, we would have never been able to conquer the discount war." Xavier hugs Wallace, and tells him "You're not really a bad guy. She'd be honored, and you are proving yourself to me. Thank you." Wallace nods, as he walks out, and Xavier looks up, and smiles for a moment, as he says "You must be working miracles up there."
   At City Hospital, Beth walks inside her office, as Mary sits inside, and Beth asks Mary "What are you doing here?" Mary looks at Beth, and tells her "Your Aunt shot Rose last night. She's alive, and luckily she'll live." Beth looks at Mary, and sighs "Well, Rose pushed it with me, and with my Aunt, and she got what was coming to her, better Ciarra, than me, she'd be dead." Mary asks Beth "What's wrong with you? Rose is related to me, and she's Ruth's Great.." Beth snaps "I am sick of hearing that. My Mama's dead, and.." Mary  looks at Beth, and shows sympathy, as she says "I'm so sorry Beth. Rose mentioned that to me last night on the way to the Hospital. Anything I can do?" Beth looks at Mary, and tells her "I'm leaving in a few hours for Blue Ridge, and when I return, take Rose back home, or else she will be dead." Beth walks out of her office, as Mary shakes her head, and says to herself "I'm protecting my Granddaughter." Mary walks out, as she returns to Rose's room.
   Meanwhile at Cale and Allison's Mansion, Allison sits in the living room, as she mourns the loss of her Grandmother, and the door opens, as she looks up, and sees Cale, as Allison runs to her Husband, as he says "Dad called and told me." Allison looks at her Husband, as Cale assures her "It'll be alright. Your Grandma was one of a kind." Allison sighs "Yes she was." Cale asks "How's Allan handling this?" Allison responds "Not well. Aunt Ciarra's having a hard time, and Aunt Beth's been quiet. Xavier and Sully are having a rough time, but he's taking care of everything." Cale holds his Wife, as she starts to cry, and Cale tells her "Remember to take care of yourself Allison. You are pregnant, and Tenny would want you to have this child." Allison nods, as she tells him "It's been kicking like crazy inside." Cale laughs "I think we're having a boy. Sounds like a Jackson to me." Allison reminds him "Remember it's a surprise." Cale shrugs "I hope it's a Son." Allison tells her Husband "I don't care, as long as it's healthy."
  At Whispering Hills, Ava and Winston have returned home, as Winston's been discharged, and Victoria walks inside, as Samantha is in the bedroom packing her suitcase to go to Blue Ridge. Victoria reminds her Father "Now remember our deal. You take it easy Daddy." Winston looks at his liquor bottle, and asks his Daughter "Is it alright if I have my morning shot?" Victoria shakes her head, and Ava tells her Step-Daughter "I think you're in a losing battle." Victoria laughs "He's stubborn." Ava quips "Among other things." Samantha walks out of her bedroom, as J.J. follows behind his Mother, and Ava picks up her Grandson, and tells Samantha "I'll watch him while you go up to your Great-Aunt's Funeral." Samantha tells Ava "You don't have to.." Ava stops Samantha, and responds "It's my pleasure. And just know she thought the world of you in the short time she knew you." Victoria responds "I never knew Tenny, though I remember shopping at Sullivan's often." Victoria looks at Samantha, and tells her "I bought your toys there when you were young." Samantha breaks a smile for a moment and asks Ava "Have you heard from Aunt Ciarra?" Ava sighs "I talked to Uncle Floyd earlier, and he said she wasn't handling things well, so keep an eye on her." Samantha nods, as she bends down and kisses J.J., and tells him "Now behave yourself for your Grandparents." Samantha heads out, as she goes up to Floyd and Ciarra's, and Ava looks at Victoria, as she sighs "Poor Ciarra." Winston walks out of his study, and tells his Wife and Daughter "This makes me take things into perspective. I need to reach out to someone." Ava asks "And who may that be?" Winston tells them "My Sister."
   Meanwhile at Olivia and Allison's Home, Allan sits downstairs, as he smokes a joint, and Olivia comes downstairs, as she asks Allan "Are you ready to head to the airport?" Allan responds "I wish Nathan would go, but I don't think it'd be the right thing for him to be there." Olivia puts her arms around Allan, as she too takes a toke, and tells Allan "Allison and Cale will meet all of us at the airport, as will Beth, Ciarra, Floyd, Sully, Jared, and Samantha." Allan looks at Olivia, and tells her "I need to asks you something?" Olivia asks "What is that?" Allan looks at Olivia, and tells her "We've put this off for a long time, and will you marry me?" Olivia looks at Allan, and ecstatically responds "It's about time! Yes Allan!" Allan hugs Olivia, and tells her "We'll go down to the Emery's flagship when we get to Blue Ridge, and you can pick out your ring." Olivia looks at her watch, and tells Allan "Let's head to the airport." Allan and Olivia heads out, as they are now engaged.
   Back at City Hospital, Mary returns to her room, as Rachel sits inside with Rose, and Mary asks Rachel "Why are you here?" Rachel smiles "Checking on my friend Mrs.Caswell." Mary looks at Rachel with disdain, as Rachel smiles "I'll leave the two of you alone now." Rachel walks out, as she has a flashback (Rose fills Rachel in on Nathan, as Rachel listens quietly). Rachel heads to an empty room, as she pulls her DNA test out, and pulls out a pencil, as she erases the Father's name off of the test, and writes another on it, as she struts out." Inside Rose's room, Mary asks Rose "Where's Janet?" Rose tells her Grandmother "She read The Exposer this morning, and left to confront Uncle Phillip." Mary rolls her eyes, as she sighs "I don't like Adam's Landing at all. Rose, when you're released, you're coming back home with me." Rose tells her Grandmother "I'm going nowhere! Beth and Ciarra won't run me away, and Tenny would be disappointed in them after the way they've treated me." Mary looks at Rose, and tells her sternly "Rose Caswell, you will be dead if you stay here, and I'm not giving you a choice!" Rose looks at her Grandmother, as Taylor walks inside, and looks at Rose, and laughs "Looks like you got shot. Too bad you weren't shot dead."
   At Hell Hill, Sully and Jared arrives, as Leigh looks at Jared, and goes "You're walking?" Sully looks up, as Xavier walks inside and sees his Granddaughter, and holds her for a moment, as he goes "My little Queenie." Leigh tells her Husband "Give that little girl to me, and all of you head to the airport. Beth's already there." Xavier kisses his Wife, as he, Sully, and Jared heads to Adam's Landing International Airport. Across the road, Samantha arrives at Floyd and Ciarra's, as Ciarra sits at the kitchen table, as Floyd's packed their suitcases, and tells his Wife "Time to go." Samantha tries to hug her Great-Great Aunt, but Ciarra dismisses her, and says "I need to work. I can't do it." Floyd looks at his Wife, and tries to tell her "Tenny would get you if you didn't go to Blue Ridge to her Funeral." Ciarra screams "Leave me alone, and go up there! I can't!" Ciarra walks into the bedroom, and slams the door, as Samantha asks Floyd "Are you going?" Floyd puts his hands on Samantha's shoulders, and tells her "I need to stay with her, whether she likes it or not. Here's my keys, and tell everyone she's having a hard time right now. I know they'll understand." Samantha hugs him, and walks out, as she gets into Floyd's pickup, as Floyd looks at the bedroom door, and cries for his Wife, while Ciarra sits on the bed, and pulls out a scrapbook, and looks at photos of herself and Tenny, and screams "I can't do this. Damnit Tennessee. You shouldn't be dead!" A voice speaks to Ciarra, and Tenny looks at her Sister, and quips "Oh shut up Oldest Sister."

  (In Loving Memory of Mildred Jean "Millie" Sullivan and James Ernest "Jim" Duncan)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment