Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 267. Emptiness

   At City Hospital, Beth begins to pull the IVs from her Mother's body, as Terrance walks out of the room. Allan starts to cry, as he mourns the loss of his Mother, Xavier looks at his Grandmother, as Sully holds her Father, as Allan's supported by Olivia and Allison, as all of them cries together. Floyd asks Ciarra, who's eyes are glued to Tenny's body "Are you alright?" Ciarra doesn't answer, as she shivers, and walks out of the room, as Ava and Floyd walks out into the hall, and Floyd asks his Wife "Where are you going Ciarra? Ciarra yells "I have something to do." Ciarra stands at the elevator, as she leaves, and Ava looks at her Uncle, as she tells him "She looks angry. I'm concerned about her." Floyd looks at Ava, and responds, with concern "She's going to have a hard time with this. Tenny was the last Sister she had left, and I'm terrified." Back inside Tenny's Room, Beth kisses her Mother, as Xavier walks towards his Mother, and hold her, and Beth dismisses her Son, and Granddaughter, as she simply tells them "I need to go to my office." Beth walks out, as Sully cries to her Husband "I can't believe she's gone Jared." Jared holds his Wife, as Xavier looks up, and tells his Son In Law "I can't believe you're walking." Sully responds "Someone performed a miracle." Xavier points at Tenny's body, as he responds "I think I know who it was." Xavier heads to Beth's office, as Sully cries in Jared's arms, as she cries "Gran's gone. I don't believe it." Jared holds his Wife silently. Meanwhile, Allan looks at Olivia and Allison, as Allison cries "I wish I'd known her better." Allan wipes his Daughter's tears, as he takes a deep breath, and tells them "I need to tell Nathan." Allan walks out, as he looks up, with tears in his eyes, as he mourns the loss of his Mother. Beth meanwhile sits in her office, as she looks up, and says "You lied to me Daddy. But Mama made her choice. And I will accept that."
   At Tenny's Penthouse, Rose sits inside, as there's a knock at the door, and Rose answers, as Mary stands on the other side, and looks at the bruises on Rose's throat, face, and asks her Granddaughter "What happened to you honey?" Rose tells her Grandmother "Beth and Ciarra tried to kill me." Mary goes "Oh my stars!" Mary sits next to Rose, as Rose adds "Those evil women told me I shouldn't be here, but I'm here, because Tenny and I are close, and she would want me here." Mary looks at Rose, and tells her "Sweetie, your Aunt Janet and I are staying at The Sunset Club, and I think you should stay with us. Beth is temperamental, like Ruth, and if anything was to happen to Tenny, she will come for you. Ciarra seems pretty balanced." Rose sighs "She wants me dead too Maw." Mary asks Rose "What did you do to upset them?" Rose confesses "Nathan got really addicted to cocaine, and pain pills, and I found a prescription Tenny had, and had them filled, so he could use those pills to crush." Mary's eyes widen, as she shakes her head with disapproval, and tells Rose "That was a bad thing to do Rose. It's be wise to to come down to the Club with us." Rose is quiet for a moment, and hugs her Grandmother, and tells her "Give me some time alone, and I'll be down there." Mary walks out, as she heads back to The Sunset Club. Meanwhile in the Parking Garage, Ciarra has pulled up, and opens the glove compartment, and pulls out her pistol, as she locks her SUV, and heads upstairs to her Sister's Penthouse.
   At the ALPD, Bobby sits inside his office, as Bree walks inside, and asks him "Shouldn't you be going down to check on Aunt Beth?" Bobby looks at Bree, and tells her "I think I should." Bobby receives a text from Ava, and his eyes widen, as Bree asks him "What's wrong Bobby?" Bobby pauses for a moment, and tells Bree "Tenny died." Bree looks at Bobby, and tells him "I'm going to let Uncle Frank know about it." Bobby warns Bree "I don't really want him around during this time. Tenny hated him, and Beth has enough to deal with, and he needs to accept that she's moved on." Bree sighs "I agree. I don't think he will come around." Bree walks out, as Bobby heads to City Hospital.
   Meanwhile at The Evans Home, Sayyid walks back inside the living room, as Willie consoles Keith, as he mourns the loss of his Son, Andre, and Willie asks her Brother, as Aretha walks inside "How did Eve take it?" Sayyid responds "She's on her way to town. I couldn't understand what she was saying after 'Oh my god'." Aretha looks at her Family, and asks them "What's going on?" Willie tells her Daughter "Andre was found dead earlier today from a drug overdose." Aretha walks over to her Cousin, as she gives Keith a hug, and tells him "I'm so sorry." Keith looks at Aretha, and tells her "I don't want to believe it, but it's real." Sayyid responds "At least you're not alone my Son." Keith grabs his Father's hand, as he cries, and Willie tells Aretha "Little Sidney's in bed. Eve's on her way to town, she isn't taking this well at all." Aretha tells her Mother "She will need all the support she can get." Sayyid nods, as does Keith, as Sayyid tells his Niece "She will have it, and Nathan has been dealt with." Keith snarls "Should have killed his ass." Aretha asks "What's the deal with Nathan?" Keith responds "They were doing drugs together, and I blame him for Andre's death!"
   Back at City Hospital, Xavier walks inside his Mother's office, as Beth tells her Son "Xavier, leave me alone." Xavier shakes his head, as he tells his Mother "I don't believe Grandma's dead." Beth looks at Xavier, and tells him, as she's in shock "I don't either. I was praying for a miracle, and it didn't happen. Rose McClain needs to die for this. Wasn't for her, and Nathan, Mama would be here!" Xavier asks his Mother "What about Nathan and Rose?" Beth tells Xavier about what she knows, and Xavier says in a tone of disdain "I have my ways of making Nathan pay Mother. Don't worry about that. There's a clause on his headquarters, and I could take it back, and send him back to L.A." Beth tells him "Nathan's in rehab, and hopefully he'll get well. He seemed to show remorse over what has happened, but Rose, that trash.." Xavier asks his Mother "Is there anything you want me to do Mother?" Beth walks over to her Son, and hugs him, and tells him "I'll take care of things on my own Xavier." Xavier tells his Mother "I will have my jet on standby, so we can bury Grandma at her Estate in Blue Ridge." Beth thanks Xavier, as she tells him "Go tell Sully and Jared to head on home, and I'll get Mama ready for her last plane ride." Xavier nods, as he heads down to Tenny's Room, and Beth calls Park Lane Hospital, and makes Tenny's arraignments, as Bobby walks inside, and Bobby tells her "I'm sorry Boss." Beth latches to Bobby, as she cries "My Mama's gone."
   Inside Tenny's Room, Ava stands with her Uncle, as Floyd repeatedly calls Ciarra, but the phone goes to voicemail, and Floyd quips "And she gets on me about my phone." Ava reminds him "She's taking it pretty hard. I know the feeling." Allison looks at her Mother, as Olivia reminisces about the ride she and Tenny took to L.A., when Allan was missing, and Olivia laughs "This woman was one ornery broad." Ava responds "That was Tenny. She was never scared to speak her mind." Allison hugs her Mother, and tells her "I'm going back home, and call Cale and tell him." Olivia looks at Allison, and tells her "Your Father's going to need you." Allison tells her Mother "I am worried about Aunt Ciarra." Allison leaves, as Xavier arrives, and looks at Sully and Jared, and tells his Daughter, and Son In Law "Let's go home, and tomorrow we'll know what's ahead." Sully looks at her Great-Grandmother, as she has a flashback ( A five year old Sully meets Tenny for the first time, and says "You are beautiful. I love you." Tenny hugs her Great-Granddaughter, and cries "I love you too Sullivan." Xavier, Sully, and Jared heads out, as Floyd looks at his Niece, and with a scared look in his eyes, tells Ava "Something's off about Ciarra." Meanwhile at Tenny's Penthouse, Rose sits in the living room, as the door opens, and Ciarra walks inside, and glares at Rose, and Ciarra, in a despondent tone asks Rose "Didn't I warn you?" Rose asks Ciarra "What's wrong? Is it Tenny?" Ciarra pulls  out her pistol, as she aims at Rose, and says "I told you if my Sister died, you died. Well my Sister isn't here." Ciarra shoots Rose, and walks out of her Sister's Penthouse, as Mary is next door at Alexandra's, as they hear a gunshot, and Mary walks outside, and sees Ciarra walking down the hall and asks "What just happened?" Ciarra is silent, as she holds her pistol, and gets on the elevator, as Mary runs inside, and calls 911."
  Meanwhile back at The Evans Home, Terrance has arrived, as he tells his family "Beth's Mother has passed away." Willie sighs "Poor Beth. I didn't know Tenny well, but she loved Keith." Keith looks at Terrance, as Sayyid gets emotional, and says "Tenny and J.D. brought balance to my family. J.D. hired me as a butcher at Jim's, and Tenny hired Cissy and Laila at Sullivan's when it was taboo to hire blacks. They didn't see color. It's hard to believe she isn't here, but she's with J.D.." Aretha walks downstairs, as she asks "Tenny died?" Sayyid nods, and Keith tells them "Nathan killed two people now. His 'best friend' and his own Grandmother. What a piece of shit. Tenny loved my music, and I'll dedicate my next album to her." Meanwhile at Adam's Landing International Airport, Eve gets off a plane, as she calls for a taxi, and tells them "Take me to The Sunset Club." Meanwhile at City Hospital, Allan is sitting in the Psychiatric Ward, as Nathan walks out of his room, and looks at his Father, as Allan tells his Son "I thought of waiting, but it wouldn't be right to you." Nathan asks his Father "What is it?" Allan falls to his knees, and cries "Mama..Mama.. She's" Nathan puts his hands on his face, as he screams in a blood-curling tone "NO! She can't be Dad." Allan wraps his arms around his Son, as he assures him "She's in peace, and nobody holds any ill will towards you. You get well, for her." Nathan holds onto his Father, as he too has a flashback, and cries, as he cries "I killed her. I don't deserve to live."
   As night has fallen, at City Hospital, Beth stands inside her Mother's Room, as Bobby holds onto her, as Beth cries, and mourns her Mother's loss. In Winston's Room, Winston watches the TV, as he sits with Victoria and Samantha, as Winston meets her Granddaughter, and Great-Grandson, J.J. for the first time, as Ava tells them, as tears start to fall "Tenny's dead." Samantha cries, as Victoria and Ava comforts her. At Jared and Sully's Penthouse, Jared and Sully return, as Precious continues to howl, and Sully and Jared sits next to Precious, as Sully tells him "Your Mommy's gone." Precious lays his head in Sully's lap, as tears fall from Precious' eyes, as well as Sully, as Precious licks the tears away. At Hell Hill, Xavier walks back inside, as Leigh walks downstairs, and looks at her Husband, as he looks at his Wife, as Leigh opens her arms, and Xavier cries "Grandma's gone." At Whispering Hills, Floyd arrives, as Ciarra sits in the living room, and Floyd asks his Wife "Did you visit Rose?" Ciarra holds her pistol, as she looks at Floyd, as she trembles, and tears begin to fall, as she says in a scared tone "My family's gone." Floyd holds his Wife, as Ciarra breaks down in her Husband's arms, as Floyd gently consoles her, and kisses her.

(In Loving Memory of Mildred "Millie" Jean Sullivan and James Ernest "Jim" Duncan.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment