Monday, August 26, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 207. The New Era

   A week has passed since we last visited Adam's Landing, and when we left off, Wallace Manning Jr arrived at the Jackson Family Burial Plot, as The Jackson Family remembered B.R.. Xavier has killed Brock Jr and Desi Lane was hospitalized after taking the bullet for her friend, Mona Woods Manning, being shot by her husband, Jesse Adams. Summer escaped Whispering Hills, and now we check in on our friends in Adam's Landing, one week later, as much has happened.....

______________________________________________________________________________

   It's a new day in Adam's Landing and at Jackson Inc, Xavier sits in his office, as he reads over the finances for Wallace's, as he holds majority stock and Bobby calls Xavier and tells him "I haven't found it yet." Xavier tells Bobby "If he's hiding it, then he's probably lying. That bastard can say all he want, but he isn't a part of this family." Bobby tells Xavier "I am at the ALPD, and I've called a friend in the archives in McCain, and he's looking for Wallace's birth certificate." Xavier asks Bobby "Why are you at the ALPD?" Bobby responds "I am going to see what I can find here as well. I am checking the archive department and see what I can find." Xavier tells him "Let me know what you find out." Bobby responds "I will." and hangs up. Someone walks into Xavier's office, and laughs "Look at my Grandson, working so hard." Xavier looks up and sees his Grandmother, and Tenny hugs her Grandson and Xavier asks his Grandmother "When did you return?" Tenny sits down and tells Xavier "I got home this morning. Walked into The Penthouse, and Precious wasn't there. Did my Oldest Sister give my child away while I was gone? She wasn't in her office." Xavier asks his Grandmother "Aren't you the oldest..." Tenny points at Xavier and warns him "I know Ciarra has been a bad girl since I've been gone, and Precious is somewhere, and where would they be?" Xavier changes subjects and asks Tenny "Did you get my text?" Tenny answers "I did. And what do you have for your Grandma?" Xavier pulls out some forms and tells her "I thought I'd give you something." Xavier hands the forms over to Tenny and she looks at them and gasps "Majority Ownership in Wallace's. Is this my gift?" Xavier nods and tells his Grandmother "When I returned home, I bought up all the stock and now it's yours. You sold Sullivan's to them, and now you can revive your company." Tenny smiles and hugs Xavier, and responds with a grin "A new grandson, and a nice present. Now off to find my Sister." Xavier tells Tenny, as she gets ready to walk out "Would you do me a favor? Keep the music down at your apartment. Sully needs some quiet. She's expecting." Tenny turns around and smiles and quips "She is really making me old." Xavier laughs "My Grandchild." Tenny looks at Xavier and tells him "I will keep my rock music down for my Great-Granddaughter. Our family is growing and I have a gift for you as well." Tenny hands a letter to Xavier and says "It's from Nathan. He gave it to me before I drove back home." Xavier reads the letter and Tenny tells Xavier "He's your cousin. And Allan's Son. I just hate it who his Mother is. But Nathan takes after our side of the family." Tenny tells Xavier "I have to find Ciarra. I want to see Precious, and I will be checking out my new office. I haven't seen Carla the whore in a long time. I wonder if she can move her lips?" Xavier laughs, as Tenny leaves and once outside, Tenny says to herself "Not at the penthouse, or here....hell." Tenny shakes her head as she heads for Floyd and Maria's home at Whispering Hills.
   At Hell Hill, Beth sits in the nursery with her Grandchildren, as she tells them "I don't mind taking off a few days to spoil the two of you." Beth gets a text from City Hospital, and responds "I will make that call. I'll come down there when Ruth returns." Beth gets a phone call, and it's her Mother, as Tenny tells her Daughter "My sweet Beth, Mommy's home." Beth asks her Mother "You're up to something aren't you Mama?" Tenny responds, as she sits in her camaro, lighting a joint "No I'm not, just got a nice surprise from Xavier, and about to bust Ciarra. I know she's hitting the sack with that horny cowboy and playing Granny to Maria's kid." Beth rolls her eyes and simply says "I've missed you Mama." Tenny takes a toke, and responds "I've missed you too. I'll see you soon." Tenny hangs up and Beth looks out of the window, and calls her Aunt, who's been staying at Floyd and Maria's house while Tenny's been in Los Angeles, and leaves Ciarra a voicemail and tells her "Mama's looking for you."
  Across the road, Maria is in the kitchen, as she checks her list, as she prepares to move back to Texas, with Shannon, and Shannon walks inside with Precious and tells her Mother "I am going to miss it here Mom." Maria looks at her Daughter and tells her "I know Shannon. But someone needs to be at The Ranch, and you'll love it. I assure you of that." Floyd and Ciarra walks out of Floyd's bedroom, and Maria asks them "The two of you are up late?" Ciarra tells Maria "We were busy this morning." Maria quips "I have a child." Shannon reminds her Mother "I am 13." Floyd hugs Maria and Shannon and tells his Daughter and Granddaughter "It will be so quiet here without the two of you. It won't be the same." Maria looks at her Father and asks "Do I see what I think I see?" Floyd wipes his eyes and says "It's nothing." A bark comes out of Floyd's bedroom and Shannon asks Ciarra "What's in your and Papa's bedroom." Ciarra tells Shannon "I will check and see." Ciarra walks in Floyd's bedroom, and walks over and picks up a doberman puppy, and walks into the kitchen and tells Shannon "I promised you something before you left sweetie, here he is." Shannon smiles, as Ciarra hands her the puppy and Ciarra tells Shannon "I got this little guy from the adoption shelter I volunteer at sometimes. He's had all his shots and he's good to go." Precious growls, as Shannon holds her puppy  and Shannon tells Precious "Don't be jealous." Precious runs into the living room and barks and Shannon tells the puppy "Uncle Precious watches Soap Operas." Ciarra asks Shannon "So what do you want to name your puppy?" Shannon looks at him and responds "I don't know Grandma. I think I'll call him Victor." Ciarra, Floyd, and Maria all look at Shannon and she quips "The first name that popped in my head." Maria asks Shannon "Are you ready to hit the road?" Shannon looks at her Mother and nods, and Floyd starts to cry, as he tells Maria and Shannon "The two of you be safe on the highway. And call me when you get to The Ranch." Maria starts to cry, as she hugs her Father and tells Ciarra "You take care of my Pop." Ciarra assures her "I will. And don't worry about anything here, I'll make sure your Pop is well taken care of." Shannon hugs her Grandfather, and Ciarra and cries "I will miss you." Ciarra strokes Shannon's face and says softly "I will miss you too. Just remember we're only a phone call away." Floyd and Ciarra, along with Precious, walks with Maria, Shannon, and Victor, as they head to the door, and Maria hugs her Father and Ciarra and Maria, Shannon, and Victor gets in her SUV, as they drive away and Floyd watches on, as he cries and Ciarra holds him as he says to Ciarra "This is the first time I've ever been apart from her." Ciarra assures Floyd "Maria can hold her own Floyd. She will be fine and this was the best decison for her. Her heart is in Texas, and with that fiasco with Burt and Summer, we both know it was getting to her." Floyd opens the door to the closet and tells Ciarra "I ought to go kill that bastard.." Ciarra looks at Floyd and warns him "I am going to bury that rifle. Don't start pulling my Sister's tricks on me." Floyd looks at Ciarra and holds her, as she takes him to his bedroom.
   Meanwhile at City Hospital, Desi is awake in her room, as she recovers from being shot by Jesse, taking a bullet for her friend Mona Woods Manning. Sassy walks inside and checks Desi's vitals and Desi asks Sassy "What in the hell is Terrance's problem? I haven't had a single visitor the entire time I've been here!" Sassy tells Desi "Well who would come see you? And we all know how Terrance feels about you and it's just!" Sassy rolls her eyes and tells Desi "Terrance is the Chief Of Staff, and Beth is taking the day off and she is letting Terrance run things for awhile, as she spends some time with her Grandchildren." Desi quips "She's probably corrupting them as we speak." Sassy sighs "You'll be released later today, once Terrance clears it." Sassy walks out of Desi's room, and bumps into a man, and he tells her "Let me pick up your forms." Sassy responds "Thank you very much." The man nods and Sassy heads to Terrance's office, as the man pulls a picture from his pocket and says "Damn." and heads out. In Terrance's office, Terrance sits at his desk, as Aretha has stopped by to visit her Brother and Terrance asks his Sister "How's Mama?" Aretha tells her Brother "Ruth is spending the day with her. They are spoiling my Grandson and Rashad's at FJR with Frank." Terrance tells Aretha "Did you ever find out if it's true or not about Wallace Manning Jr?" Aretha shakes her head and tells Terrance "There has been no proof so far. And his records are sealed." Terrance rolls his eyes and asks Aretha "Do you think he's just testing Xavier?" Aretha reminds him "Don't forget Ava, Frank, and Ruth. All of them are pissed about the revelation. Ruth told me she wouldn't be surprised, but I think this calls for a DNA test." Terrance looks at Aretha and tells her "Beth has mentioned something about it, and with the way things are going, we'll likely know soon." Sassy walks inside and sees Aretha and she asks Sassy "I want to know why you invited Rashad to move in with you?" Sassy looks at Aretha and tells her "I think it would be a good idea. I know Willie needs rest, and I still have his nursery set up at my house. I'm not far away." Aretha is quiet as she tells Terrance "I'm headed down to The Exposer. There could be some trouble for somebody." Aretha glares at Sassy, as she walks out and Sassy asks Terrance "What is her problem?" Terrance responds "She's protective over Rashad and Little Sidney. She wants them with her and Mama." Sassy tells Terrance "Rashad will be moving in soon and it's not like I'm trying to bed him." Terrance responds "I understand that, but Aretha seems distracted." Outside, as Aretha sits in her car, she looks at a picture and says to herself "Couldn't be a Mother and here you are playing the Hollywood whore." Aretha speeds off, as she says to herself "Girl you done messed up."
   At Class, Sully, Leigh, and Marco sits in Sully's office, as the go over sales reports and the receptionist tells Leigh "Someone is here to see you." Leigh replies "Tell them to come in." Mona walks inside and Leigh is silent, and Sully asks Mona "What in the hell are you doing in my damn office?" Leigh asks her Sister "So you are Mona Manning?" Mona tells Leigh "I'm divorcing Wallace. I've found some help in getting the divorce in motion." Sully looks at her Mother and asks "Is this bitch my Aunt?" Leigh responds in a tone of disgust "Unfortunately. She left home at 17." Mona looks at Leigh and tells her "You know Mom and Dad were strict." Leigh looks at her Oldest Sister and tells her "I don't live in the past Mona. But I won't forget how you turned your backs to us when you got together with Wallace." Mona looks at Leigh and says "I want to make peace and try to have a relationship with you and Sully." Sully shakes her head and tells her Aunt "You are a Manning. And that family has caused our family hell in these past months. I don't look at you as family so count me out." Leigh also tells Mona "My Husband isn't pleased at all right now with your family Mona. And you are not welcomed at my home." Mona reminds Leigh "I am your Sister and from the way you talk, you let Xavier control you." Sully rolls her eyes and yells "Excuse me? My Daddy loves my Mom more than life itself bitch! And don't you dare compare him to that excuse you have for a Husband! Get the hell out of here." Mona looks at Sully and tells her "I am your Aunt. And Leigh is my Sister." Leigh looks at Mona and sternly tells her "Just because we are related, doesn't mean we're family. Now leave. My Daughter's Pregnant and your presence here is upsetting her." Mona walks out and Sully looks at her Mother and asks "Why haven't you ever mentioned this Mom?" Leigh tells her Daughter "Mona and I were never close. When she left home, she practically stuck her nose up to her family, and I even called her when I was pregnant with you, and she never answered the phone. She's desperate now and she's trying to redeem herself, but I have what I want, and she can't say the same thing." Sully hugs her Mother and tells her "You have a great marriage, and 3 kids, and she doesn't have none of that." Leigh tells her Daughter "X knows Mona's my Sister, but he sees things like I do when it comes to her." Sully looks at her Mother and laughs "Now I know why the two of you are perfect for each other." Leigh laughs with Sully, as she tells her "We see things very similarly."
    Back at Jackson Inc, Xavier sits in his office, as he reads the sales reports for Jim's and Foodstar, and Burt and Jared walks inside and Xavier tells them "We're back at Number One again. Wallace's is falling fast and I just gave my stock away." Burt and Jared are stunned, as Jared asks his Father In Law "Who did you give it to?" Xavier tells them "My Grandma now has the majority stock in Wallace's and she is home. And she made it known she wants to tear Wallace's apart." Burt tells Jared "History lesson in case you don't know, Tenny sold her Discount Chain, Sullivan's to Wallace's years ago. Now she has it back. Maybe it will be a nice distraction for her." Burt and Jared laughs and Jared asks Xavier "Do you think she can manage Wallace's?" Xavier reminds Jared "Mona Manning has filed for divorce from Wallace, and she can break that family. Straight to the poor house!" Bobby arrives and tells Xavier, Burt, and Jared "I found nothing in the archives regarding Wallace's birth certificate. The only way we will know for sure if he's a Jackson, is a DNA test." Xavier rolls his eyes and tells everyone "He'll be taking one. One way or another, he will be taking one." Jared's phone rings and he walks out of Xavier's office, and Burt tells Bobby and Xavier "I have decided to file for custody of Summer's child when it's born." Bobby warns Burt "Russell won't like that. He's already warned Ava and Winston about Summer, and he has sworn to lock them up if Ava pays her another visit." Burt tells him "It's my damn child, and I will be raising him or her on my own. And if my Father or Ava wants to be a part of its life, it's totally fine with me. Russell Marx can kiss my ass!" Meanwhile at Russell's Loft in Downtown Adam's Landing, Summer sits in the living room, as she reads a letter she received in the mail and she sits at the coffee table, and writes a response, telling the person "Can't wait to see you."
   At Wallace's Corporate Headquarters, Wallace and Fancy sits in his office, as Fancy tells her Son "Johnny left town quite quickly once you made your announcement." Wallace yells at his Mother "I can understand why also Mother! You destroyed my Father's company!" Fancy slaps Wallace and tells him "B.R. Jackson is your Father! And you need to take back my beloved Husband's company from his worthless family." Wallace reminds his Mother "If I even get close to Hell Hill, or Jackson Inc, my life is threatened! How can I do that?" Ava walks through the door and looks at Wallace and Fancy and they ask Ava "Why in the hell are you here?" Ava reminds them "My family owns this company now. And I can come and go as I please. Consider me the welcoming committee." Fancy looks down to Ava and snarks "Are you here to burn us up or try to kill us you psychopath?" Ava smiles and responds "Very creative Carla, oops Fancy." Wallace asks Ava "So are you here to accept the fact I am your Brother?" Ava looks at Wallace and tells him "No. I want to know facts. And so far your birth certificate can't be found. Where could it be?" Fancy snaps "I don't owe you no damn explanation Ava! Your Father loved me, more than your poor withered Mama..." Ava slaps Fancy across the face and warns her "Don't you ever talk about my Mama bitch! She has been through enough and I don't play games when it comes to my Family!" Wallace yells "I'm your Brother!" Ava quips "And I killed your Sister, and Xavier killed your Brother. Be careful you may be next unless you play ball!" Ava walks out and Wallace looks at his Mother and Fancy tells Wallace "I have the birth certificate locked away where nobody can ever find it." Back at Hell Hill, Beth walks into B.R.'s vault, and stumbles across an envelope, and looks at it and it says "Carla Barr".
   Back at Floyd's Home on Whispering Hills, Ciarra and Floyd are in the bed, as they lay next to each other after making love and Floyd looks at Ciarra and tells her "It's lonely here without Maria or Shannon." Ciarra strokes Floyd's chest and tells him "I understand this is an adjustment. You'll be ok, I'm here and I plan to go nowhere." Floyd looks at Ciarra and tells her "I have to tell you something, I've never felt this way about a lady since Maria's Mother. I loved her deeply. I loved Helen but we had our problems, but Maria's Mother and I were madly in love. And I worry about Maria. She's on her way to Texas, and this will be the first time she's ever been without me." Ciarra assures Floyd "She'll be fine. She's tough and she gets it from you." Floyd kisses Ciarra and they lay next to each other in Floyd's bed. Meanwhile outside, Tenny arrives and plays with the doorknob, and notices it's unlocked and walks inside and sees Precious, who's watching TV and runs to Tenny and she whispers "Where's your Aunt?" Precious looks towards the kitchen, and Tenny  tells Precious "Shhh. Watch your soaps and Mommy's home." Tenny creeps up to the bedroom door, and slowly opens the door. Inside Floyd's bedroom Ciarra and Floyd begins to make love, as the doorknob slowly turns.
 

1 comment: