Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 197. Flames

  It's the next day in Adam's Landing, and at City Hospital, Bree lays in her hospital bed, as she wakes to see
her Grandmother at her bedside. Bree asks Ruth "Have you stayed all night?" Ruth tells her Granddaughter "I wasn't going to leave you here by yourself." Ruth holds her Granddaughter's hand, as Bree tells her "I feel so betrayed. I don't know what to do Grandma. I can't go back home, and I'm not ready to face Burt or Summer." Ruth tells Bree "Frank told me to tell you that you can stay at The Farm with him, or you can stay at Hell Hill. Ava's even offered you a room." Bree tells her Grandmother with tears in her eyes "I so wanted this child. I've always wanted to be a Mother and when I..I.." Bree starts to cry and Ruth holds Bree in her arms and gently tells her "I know sweetie. You're still young and you have a full life ahead. There's always tomorrow." Beth meanwhile walks inside Bree's room and asks "How are you feeling?" Bree looks at Beth and says "I feel like my heart's shattered in a million pieces." Beth looks at Ruth and walks over and tells Bree "I know it isn't easy at all about what has happened. Just try to move forward and not look back." Beth hands Bree her discharge papers and asks her "Are you going back to your home?" Bree doesn't respond and Ruth tells Beth "I think it may be best if she stays at The Farm with Frank. He needs someone there and Bree doesn't need to be in that house with what's happened." Beth agrees and hugs Bree and tells her "I am here for you Bree. If you need me, you just call." Bree gets up to get ready to leave and tells Beth "Thank you Aunt Beth." Bree goes into the bathroom and Ruth tells Beth "I really wished I could have liked Summer, but after this, I hate to say it, but I don't think I can forgive her." Beth hugs Ruth and tells her "Summer has done irreparable damage to this family. She will get hers in good time." Ruth nods and tells Beth "Yes Beth, Summer will. Most definitely, she will."
   Downstairs, Willie is in her room at City Hospital and Terrance walks inside and sees his Mother and Uncle by her side as Sayyid sleeps and Willie's working a crossroad puzzle. Willie asks her Son "So when will you let me go home Terrance?" Terrance tells his Mother "I've got to make sure you are at 100% before I can do that." Willie asks "I am fine. Somebody's got to help babysit this weekend when Rashad heads down to Southpoint Beach to the race." Terrance tells Willie "Sassy will help, as will Aretha. You just focus on getting well." Willie tells her Son "I am well enough. Staying in this bed will only drive me crazy." Terrance rolls his eyes and says to her "Move your left leg." Willie's left leg moves and Terrance is in awe as he asks "Now the right leg." Willie moves it as well and Terrance looks at his Mother and tells her "If you are so determined to leave, I'm going to test you. I'll send a nurse in here shortly with a walker and we'll see if you can walk. If you can, then I will consider releasing you." Sayyid tells his nephew "She's fine. She can still play blackjack and all she'll talk about is Rashad and Latoya's child." Willie rolls her eyes and says "That girl just makes me mad. How can a girl give her child away, for her own selfish ambition amazes the hell out of me." Terrance tells his Mother "Don't worry about that Mama. Little Sidney will be just fine and look who's here." The nurse arrives with the walker and Sayyid gets up and walks over to the other side of the bed as Terrance holds onto his Mother, as does Sayyid, as she puts her feet on the ground, and makes a few steps, and shows no weaknesses. She takes the walker and walks around the room and looks at Terrance and Sayyid and tells them "I feel daring." Willie pushes the walker aside, and walks by herself and Terrance's jaw drops, as does her Brother's as she says in a sassy tone "I told yall." Terrance tells his Mother "I'm putting all of this in my diary." Terrance walks out and tells the nurse at the nurse's station "I'll be back with Mama's discharge papers." The nurse asks "How did she recover like that?" Terrance points up and says "The lord."
   Meanwhile at Floyd and Maria's house on the Whispering Hills Estate, Maria,Shannon, and Precious walks into the living room to see that Floyd isn't on the couch and smells breakfast cooking in the kitchen. They head into the kitchen, where Floyd stands behind Ciarra as she tells him in a flirting tone, "I can't cook with you holding me." Floyd says to her "I don't want to let go." Maria asks her Father "Pop, you slept in your room?" Floyd looks at Ciarra with stars in his eyes and responds "I never liked to sleep in a bed by myself." Maria makes a cough and tells him "Your Granddaughter is here. She doesn't need to hear that." Ciarra also looks at him, as Shannon asks Ciarra "So are you cooking my favorites this morning?" Ciarra tells Shannon with a smile "I most certainly am and then I have to head to Jackson Inc." Floyd asks Ciarra "You got up really early this morning? You were reading that message and never did say what was going on?" Ciarra tells him "Xavier wants to make an announcement this morning and he also said that Sully's expecting." Maria smiles and says "He'll be an excellent Papa. Sully and Jared seem to have a great marriage." Ciarra responds "They do. And Xavier and Leigh are an excellent couple as well. He was so lost for many years without her. Since she's been back, he seems to have mellowed, but he still has his edge." Maria sees a text on her phone and tells her Father "Xavier wants us down at Jackson Inc also." Shannon asks "What is going on?" Maria tells her Daughter "That's the big question right now. Once you finish breakfast, head over to Hell Hill with Precious and watch Gracie and Xavier Jr." Shannon nods and Floyd and Maria asks Ciarra "Do you think this has to do with Wallace's? They are getting aggressive in their pursuit." Ciarra says in a tone of dread "I think that and more is going on." Ciarra finishes cooking and everyone sits at the table and has breakfast, as Ciarra goes to get dressed.
   At The Evans Home, Sassy arrives as Aretha gets ready to go to the office and Rashad has his suitcase packed to head to Southpoint Beach for the upcoming race. Sassy asks "Where's Sidney?" Rashad tells her "He's in his crib asleep." Aretha tells Sassy "I would take him with me to the office, but this interview is very hot." Sassy and Rashad looks at Aretha and asks "What do you mean by hot?" Aretha responds "It looks like a newcomer to Adam's Landing has a graveyard in their closet. I called Ava this morning and told her and let Xavier know and this could be beneficial with this looming business war." Aretha hugs her Son and tells him "Kiss Sidney for Nana, and you go win that race." Rashad hugs and tells his Mother "Keep me informed about Grandma." Aretha tells him "Terrance just texted me and said she's walking without any assistance. She may be home when you get back." Rashad tells them "All the more motivation to win." Aretha tells Rashad "Keep an eye on your teammate for me and let me know and snoop around for me." Rashad goes "Mama, I am a race car driver, not a reporter!" Aretha tells him "If you hear anything, let me know." Rashad nods as she heads out, and Rashad asks Sassy "So have you heard from Latoya?" Sassy tells him "I haven't spoke to her. She hasn't even called. I'm not going to worry about that. She made her choice and I hope she grows a conscience and realizes her mistake." Rashad tells her, as he heads down to FJR, "She won't ever be a part of Sidney's life. He does not need to be in the situation of wanting his Mom, and then she leaves him. She only cares about herself and he doesn't need that." Sassy agrees and gives Rashad a hug and says to him "She really messed up when she left the two of you." Rashad tells Sassy "Take good care of my little boy while I am gone. I'll be back when the race is over." Rashad grabs his suitcase and heads out and Sassy heads upstairs, and pulls out her phone and calls Latoya, who's in Los Angeles and it goes to voicemail and Sassy tells her Daughter "You really messed up."
   Meanwhile at Burt and Bree's Mansion, Burt has gotten dressed and begins to head out to Jackson Inc. He walks downstairs, where Summer lays on the couch with a blanket covering her and she asks Burt "Want to have our finale?" Burt yells at Summer "My child is dead Summer and you need to put your damn clothes on and get the hell out of here!" Summer gets up and stands in front of Burt and says to him "What if I told you I could give you a child? Would you like that? How about if I told you I didn't take birth control the last time we had sex?" Ava meanwhile walks inside and sees Burt and Summer and screams "WHAT!!!!" Burt yells at Ava "You need to get the hell out of my house!" Ava's eyes turn red with anger as she sees them and she snaps at Summer "You really got a hell of a lot of nerve to be here, still trying to seduce your Sister's Husband, soon to be Ex, thank god." Summer yells at her Aunt "You have no right to judge me you evil bitch! Tell me Ava, do you think I'm more like Jamie or Rachel?" Burt tells Ava "I did not sleep with her last night and I told her to move out." Ava tells Burt "And I would believe you.You are a damn liar." Burt tells Ava "We need to go to Jackson Inc. We have to save Jackson Inc and Jim's and Foodstar. And don't forget about Emery's." Ava looks at Burt and says to him "Since Winston is your Father, I will make a deal with you. I will solve your problems." Ava tells Burt her idea and Burt looks at her and says "Ok. Deal." Ava opens the door and tells Burt "Tell everyone that I will be late. Traffic." Burt nods and Summer wraps her blanket around her, as she runs upstairs and Ava pulls out a pistol and shoots it in the air and yells at Summer "You are going nowhere."
   At The Sunset Club, Wallace,Mona,and Fancy has breakfast downstairs and Wallace shows his Wife, and Mother the front page of the Business Times and both of them smiles as Wallace says to them "This is going to be a huge benefit for my plan." Mona looks at her Husband and asks him "Have you talked to Wally this morning? I didn't even see him before going to the race." Wallace snaps "He's on the jet to Southpoint Beach. He's got to go and make me proud or else I will make him pay." Mona rolls her eyes and Fancy tells her Daughter In Law "We have a lot of things to look forward to now. With this, all of the companies owned by the First Family of Adam's Landing can be ours." Wallace tells them "Xavier privately owns all his companies, but it can still be beneficial. I have spoken to someone who also will help us take that son of a bitch down." Fancy smiles and tells them "I know Adam's Landing will be grateful. Poor people have to spend so much for stuff and now they will have my Wallace's store to tend to their shopping needs, and Mona and I can focus on Lane and Manning and with Desi, we can defeat Class, and that old timey Emery's." Wallace sits back with a smug look on his face as he gets a text and tells his family "Everything is in motion."
   Meanwhile down at Jackson Inc, Xavier and Leigh sits in his office, along with Sully and Jared as he fumes with anger as he yells "I am about to destroy that bastard and his damn family! This is too far!" Leigh Sully and Jared reads the Business Times and Leigh tells her Husband "The Mannings are nothing and they won't be nothing. Their store is a joke and a complete rip-off and if you wanted to X, you could show them how a Superstore is done." Sully and Jared agrees as Sully tells her Father "Mom is right, Jim's and Foodstar could bring Wallace's to their knees." Jared adds "We already have a larger format with Foodstar and with the economy, sticking to essentials would be great for customers. We got them beat overall and I think our idea to carry more items will be essential." Xavier tells them "That is exactly what we're going to do, but make it convenient. Nobody wants to walk all over a huge 200,000 sq ft store to find what they need. Our layout has always been great and I think what we got in mind will be just the trick." Winston and Burt arrives, as does Ciarra,Floyd, and Maria and Xavier holds up the article and tells them "Wallace has taken things to the next level." Winston asks Burt "Where's my Wife?" Burt responds "Traffic." Winston sighs and says "Ava needs to be here." Back at Burt and Bree's Mansion, Ava drags Summer into the living room, and ties her arms and legs to the floor and gags her and Ava pulls out a shot bottle of liquor and takes a drink, and throws the bottle at Summer and Summer screams as Ava opens her purse and quips "Let's see, I have paper,my pistol,lighters, I collect cigarette lighters." Summer tries to speak but being gagged, her words aren't understandable, as Ava tells Summer" Soon you and your Mommy will have something in common. Not like the two of you already don't, but I want to make sure both of you remember the error of your ways." Ava flicks her lighter and holds it to Summer's face and Summer screams as Ava tells her with a smile "I can do this two ways, fire, or gunfire."
   Bree and Ruth arrives at Hell Hill, as Ruth tells her Granddaughter "Since Frank's going to be in Southpoint Beach for the race, it will be good for you to be here with me so Grandma can take care of you." Bree tells her Grandmother "I really don't want to stay here. Too many bad memories." Ruth tells Bree "At least here, I know you're safe and nobody will bother you." At City Hospital, Beth walks inside Willie's room  as Terrance tells Beth "You might need to call the medical journal for this." Beth walks in the room and Willie is pacing the floor and asks her Son and Beth "So can I go home?" Sayyid looks at them and says "She's going mad." Beth is stunned and quips "I will never understand this. How you made it from this, but your scans look normal, and pack your bags Willie." Willie hugs Beth and tells Sayyid "Let's go home and see that Great-Grand-baby. I also want to play some cards." Sayyid rolls his eyes and Terrance and Beth laughs as Sayyid tells them "She never lets me win." Willie tells him "I play fair." Sayyid quips "And Desi Lane founded Lane's." Willie tells Beth and Terrance "Don't tell Aretha I'm being released, I want to surprise her." Beth tells Terrance "You go with them. Celebrate this because this is a freak occurrence." Terrance asks Beth "Are you sure?" Beth looks at Terrance and says to him "You work way too much. Enjoy this. I'll hold down the fort." Terrance looks at his Mother and Uncle and tells then "Let's go home." Willie is dressed and heads out and Sayyid laughs "She's excited." Terrance and Beth laughs as Sayyid and Terrance follows and Beth stands in the room for a moment and takes a break, as she turns on the TV and she sees a news flash pop up and she yells "What in the hell!"
   On FJR's jet, Frank and Rashad heads to Southpoint Beach, along with the rest of the team and Frank asks "Why didn't Wally ride with us?" The Team Director tells Frank "Wallace sent him down there last night." Frank rolls his eyes and tells Rashad "This is a huge race for you. And with Willie making that miraculous recovery, and the birth of your Son, I feel a win this weekend." Rashad says humbly "I can promise a win this weekend." In Southpoint Beach, Cale and Allison stands at the front door of a condo, and Allison knocks on the door and Davis Lane answers and hugs his Granddaughter and Cale and tells them "I got everything ready." Allison notices the condo is lit with candles and Cale looks at Allison as she sees a Priest and Cale gets on bended knee and asks Allison "Allison North, will you marry me?" Allison looks around and tears fall down her face, as does her Grandfather, as she tells him "Yes Cale Stone! I will marry you." Cale looks at Davis and the Priest and smiles and Davis tells Cale "Welcome to the family."
   Back in Adam's Landing, Candace sits in Aretha's office at The Exposer, as Candace tells Aretha of her history with Wallace Manning Jr, and Aretha asks her "Do you have the pictures?" Candace tells Aretha "I don't want the photos to be released. I want to exploit him. I want to be set for life." Aretha reads the Manning Family history and asks Candace "What do you know about his Mother? Her maiden name is Barr." Candace responds "Why does that matter?" Aretha looks at Candace with a serious look in her eyes and tells her "That could be enough to destroy the Manning's vendetta against Xavier and his family." Candace tells Aretha "All I want is to be in Wallace's bed. I want to be his wife." Aretha looks at Candace and takes a deep breath and tells her "Candace, The Barrs have been nothing but trouble for my family. They were all involved with the klan, and just so you know, we will go by my rules. You are running Jazz, and my Cousin owns that club, and if you open up to me, I will make sure you have no desire to have the Manning's money. Because you will be set." Candace is quiet, as she thinks for a moment and tells Aretha "I'm in."

   

1 comment: