Monday, August 12, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 201. Adjustments

   It's a stormy morning in Adam's Landing, and at Hell Hill, Leigh walks into the nursery to check on Gracie and Xavier Jr, and Sully sits in the nursery, playing with her little Sister and Brother, and Leigh asks her Daughter "Did you stay all night?" Sully looks at her Mother and responds "I did. Jared's left for work and I called Class and closed the store for the day." Leigh looks at her Daughter, as Sully looks at her and asks "How are you?" Leigh shakes, as she tells Sully "It's not the same without him sweetie." Sully responds "I know. I didn't sleep at all and all I thought about was Daddy and hoping he arrived safely where-ever he went." Leigh hugs Sully and tells her Daughter "I think he's fine. I know where he went." Sully asks her Mother "Where is he?" Leigh hands Sully the letter Xavier wrote her and Sully reads it and starts to cry and asks her Mother "Those Mannings will regret this!" Leigh hugs Sully and tells her, with tears in her eyes "Yes they will."
   Downstairs, Beth sits in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee, as she gets off the phone with her Brother, who has been found and Beth tells Allan "Make sure to keep Mama out of trouble." Allan laughs on the other line "That's impossible Big Sis." Beth laughs briefly and hangs up the phone and Ruth walks into the kitchen, with Bobby as Bobby asks Beth "Where's Leigh?" Beth tells him "She's upstairs with Sully. She isn't in no shape to discuss anything in regards to Xavier. I don't think anyone got any sleep last night in this house." Ruth agrees and Bobby tells them "I've called the Funeral Home and we're planning a private funeral here on the estate, and it's the best route to go." Beth looks at Ruth and Bobby and tell them "We need to keep things private. We know he's alive, and I am staying home today. Terrance's watching over things at the Hospital, and I just miss my Son." Ruth tells them "We know he's safe and nobody will find him." Beth tells them "Knowing him, right now he's waiting to strike. I just hope Desi can do as she said and she wasn't just trying to kiss our asses because of her part in all of this." Bobby tells Beth and Ruth "My friend, who's Mona's attorney called me this morning, and she has already filed the paperwork. That will be crucial in bringing Wallace down."
   At Whispering Hills, Winston and Ava sits in the living room, as Winston asks his Wife "Are you alright Ava?" Ava looks at her Husband and asks him "Who's going to babysit that whore while I go to the office?" Winston rolls his eyes and tells Ava "You have a job to do and that's keeping your family company together while Xavier is gone. I am going to stay here and watch her and make sure she doesn't pull any stunts." Ava gets the liquor bottle and takes a drink and tells Winston "Make damn sure she doesn't talk to Russell. He was gracious enough to let Mama go free, and we don't need no more drama going on. That whore's caused enough strife for all of us." Ava gets up and tells Winston "I'm headed down to Jackson Inc and check on things." Winston reminds his Wife "Remember to keep it together and DO NOT start with my Son on his issues." Ava looks at Winston and tells him "As long as he does his job, then we have no problems." Ava leaves and Winston heads to his Study. Meanwhile Summer sits in her room and she gets her phone and calls her Father and tells him "Ava tried to kill me." Russell, at the ALPD, rolls his eyes and tells his Daughter "I will protect you. Don't worry about Ava." Summer cries "She's holding me hostage here." Russell takes a deep breath and tells Summer "I will try to talk to her, but since you're the result of the same thing that I did years ago with Jamie, she doesn't forget. You really should have learned not to repeat your Mother's mistakes." Summer hangs up the phone and she walks to the bedroom door, but notices it's locked from outside, and yells "You'll pay for this you crazy bitch!"
   Meanwhile at Wallace's Corporate Headquarters, Wallace sits in his office as he thinks back to what his Mother told him the night before, and Wallace grins and says to himself "I think this is perfect." Johnny arrives and tells his Brother "I sent the ALPD to The Sunset Club and cleared the scene. I know this was a setup." Wallace looks at Johnny and asks him in a serious tone "Has our Mother ever discussed her past with you?" Johnny replies "No. But I wonder why she always called herself Fancy." Wallace tells Johnny "Years ago, Mama was a stripper here in Adam's Landing at a club called "The Flamingo Hut." She met B.R. Jackson and the two of them had an affair, which resulted in Ruth Jackson and Willie Evans beating her up." Johnny tells his Brother "I never knew that." Wallace responds "Me neither until last night." Johnny tells Wallace "Marx is going to side with the Jacksons on all of this, he may be trouble." Wallace tells his youngest Brother "If we have to, we'll kill him to keep him quiet. Jackson Inc is in free fall and I've already got someone watching Mona. If she tries to divorce me, she will pay with her life." At Desi's home, Desi sits in the living room, as Jesse sits with her and he asks his Wife "Why are you siding with the Jacksons?" Desi looks at Jesse and tells him "I screwed up and I want to make up for my part. Xavier is dead because of me." Jesse looks at his Wife and tells her "Why do I get the feeling you still love him? After the hell he put you through, you still love him?" Desi looks at Jesse and tells him "I think you should go to the warehouse." Jesse heads out, but tells Desi "I expect you to tell me your real feelings soon." Desi is despondent, as Jesse leaves and she sits in her chair, as she starts to cry.
   Down at Jackson Inc, Jared and Burt sits in Xavier's office, as they discuss everything involved regarding Xavier, and Jared tells Burt "Sully and I stayed at Hell Hill last night. She and Leigh aren't taking this well and Beth seems to be putting up a great front." Burt tells Jared "Beth likely knows where he is. And she won't reveal where it is. But really, that's the best thing to do." Jared nod and responds "If Leigh and Sully did know, they'd be off and away, and it'd only make things worse." In Ciarra's office, she gets off the phone with Tenny, as she tells her Sister "Allan's alive. He's with me and I will stay in Los Angeles until everything is taken care of." Ciarra cries and tells her "Tennessee you just remember that Xavier's alive, and he will be back." Tenny tells her Sister "Baby Sister, just hold down the fort. Allan's alive, and I just hope Wallace Manning doesn't make a power move. I'm keeping my eyes on things." Tenny hangs up and Ciarra goes over Emery's sales reports and she has a moment of happiness, as she notices sales are starting to pick up and Ava arrives and Ciarra asks Ava "How are you?" Ava takes a deep breath and tells Ciarra "I think we have our hands full." Ciarra tells her "Emery's has started to make gains, and the contractor called and said Northbrook Center will be finished soon. Once it's finished, then Emery's can really make a huge gain." Ava asks Ciarra "What are you planning?" Ciarra shows Ava a sketch she made of a new logo and tells Ava "This is 21st Century meets retro. I think it will be a great introduction to the Southeast for Emery's. Ava looks over them and responds, as she sees the pictures of the store "I love this. Reminds me of Griffin's." Ciarra asks "Griffin's?" Ava responds "They were a major Department Store years ago in this region and the stores were always a sight to behold. I believe our strategy will work with Emery's." Ciarra asks Ava "What happened to Griffin's?" Ava sighs and says "It was sold to a conglomerate, and it was disbanded." Ciarra shakes her head and tells Ava "Good thing we got Emery's when we did, or else they'd also be history."
   At The Farm, Frank sits in the living room, as Bree walks inside and Frank asks his Niece "Are you feeling better?" Bree tells her Uncle "I think staying busy will keep me distracted from everything." Frank tells her "I want you to help me regain control of my team again." Bree tells her Uncle "I read the contracts and there's one way you might possibly take back full reign again." Frank asks "And what would that be?" Bree responds "Fire Wally Manning." Frank tells Bree "If I fire him, then I have no sponsorship." Bree reminds him" When Xavier returns, he will sponsor FJR again. And since you and Cale have made amends, that will be a huge help." Frank takes a deep breath and tells his Niece "Cale will be driving in the next race, in Wally's car. That moron can't drive and if that's the key to regaining control, then I'll do just that." At Olivia's Home, Cale and Allison lay in bed as Cale asks his wife "How was our celebration?" Allison touches Cale's face and tells him "It's just sad to think that Xavier had to leave like he did." Cale sighs and tells his Wife "At least we know Allan's alive, and so is Uncle Xavier. He won't go out without a fight." Allison laughs "You take after your family Cale. And I enjoyed watching you put Wally Manning in the wall." Cale laughs, as he kisses his Wife "I enjoy this much more." Cale and Allison lay in the bed and they kiss, as they make love.
   Back at Hell Hill, Leigh and Sully come downstairs, as Ruth sits in the living room, as she's gotten off the phone with Willie and Ruth hugs Leigh and Sully and asks them "How are the two of you holding up?" Leigh looks at Ruth and tells her "I miss X. I just.." Leigh breaks down in tears and Sully and Ruth holds Leigh as she cries for her Husband and Sully tells her Mother "We have to stay strong, like Daddy said." Ruth agrees and Leigh tells them "I went 20 something years without him, and knowing he's gone, and not knowing where he is kills me inside. He needs to be here damnit! He needs to be here with his family!" Ruth agrees, as does Sully, and Ruth tells them both "It's hard for all of us, but we can't break. He would not want that to happen! We have to stay strong!" Sully asks Ruth "Where is Grandma?" Ruth tells them "She and Bobby had to go do something." At Floyd and Maria's Home on Whispering Hills, Beth and Bobby arrives, as Floyd is waiting for them. Sayyid is there, as is Country and Beth asks "Where's Maria and Shannon?" Floyd responds "They took Precious to the dog park." Beth tells Floyd "That's good. We can discuss things then." Floyd tells them "Xavier is safe and I have made sure that nobody on the ranch bothers him. One of my cattlemen told me this morning he hasn't spoken to anyone nor came out of the house." Beth tells them "It's just so sad that it's come to this. And today's also hard for me as well." Floyd asks "The one year anniversary of your wedding?" Beth nods and says with a somber tone "B.R. should still be alive. Had it not been for that bastard.."Bobby stops Beth and says "I know. He will pay dearly. That's why we are here." Floyd, Beth, Bobby, Country, and Sayyid have a discussion and Sayyid's phone rings, and he hangs up and looks at all of them and says "I have to leave. Keith's in L.A. Hospital and he may be on his deathbed." Bobby tells them "We are enough to protect the family from Brock Jr." Sayyid walks out and heads to The Evans Home, but he turns around and tells Country "I will leave you some things to help you when it comes to Brock Jr."
   At The Sunset Club, Mona meets up with Wally and she tells her Son "I am divorcing Wallace." Wally tells his Mother "What will it do to me? He will force me to pick sides.." Mona tells her Son" You would be wise to side with me. I was the one that was there for you." Fancy walks over from the bar and slaps Mona and tells her "Don't even think about divorcing my Son you conniving bitch! You won't break my family! And Wally is a Manning! And he will stay loyal to his Father!" Mona warns Fancy "Enjoy your moment of glory, but I can promise you it won't last." At Desi's Home meanwhile, Desi sits in the living room and there's a knock on the door and she answers to find Wallace at the door and he helps himself inside and yells at Desi "Where in the hell is Mona?" Desi yells back "She is currently filing her divorce papers to leave your worthless ass!" Wallace warns Desi coldly "I blame you for putting this idea in her head to divorce me." Desi laughs "Blame yourself. You have the same problem Rodney had and that was that neither of you could keep it in your pants!" Wallace grows furious and reaches back his hand to slap Desi, and Desi grabs his wrist and hisses at him "Don't you even think about it! Mona isn't a damn fool! And I can't wait until the truth comes out! Wallace tells Desi with an evil grin "And it will rock the very foundation of this town." Desi laughs "Everybody knows Fancy is a Barr. And their family history could destroy your company." Wallace sighs "Well if that was to come out, then my family won't be the only one reeling." Desi asks "What are you talking about?" Wallace walks out, ignoring Desi, which leaves her wondering what Wallace meant as she says "Rock the very foundation of this town?"
    At Jackson Inc, Burt walks into Jared's office and tells him "I just got off the phone with our vendors that supplies Jim's and Foodstar and both of them are going to keep supplying our company." Jared tells Burt "That's good." Burt tells Jared "I just did a move that'd make Xavier proud and Ava liked it also." In Xavier's office, Ava sits as she looks at a picture on the wall of her Father and says "I am going to keep this company alive and you keep an eye on Xavier and my Jack." Ava checks some files and Russell storms inside and yells at his Ex Wife "What in the hell is your problem with Summer Ava?" Ava sits back and asks Russell "Care to take a guess?" At Whispering Hills, at Ava and Winston's Estate, Winston walks inside Summer's room and tells her "Here's some food." Summer snaps at Winston "You can't keep me locked in my room like a prisoner." Winston looks at Summer and tells her sternly "You are unfortunately carrying my Grandchild and I vow to make sure when that baby's born, it will be raised here, without you." Summer adamantly tells Winston "You don't control me old man!" Winston walks to the door and responds "I do since you're carrying a Hale!" Winston walks out and locks the door, and Summer picks up her phone and notices it's been turned off and says to herself "Get ready for a fight Ava." At Hell Hill, Ruth, Leigh, and Sully are in the nursery, as they look at Gracie and Xavier Jr, as they sleep and all of them are silent, until the door opens and Ruth walks downstairs, as does Leigh and Sully, as Brock Jr laughs "Thank god that son of a bitch is dead!"

 

1 comment:

  1. WHAT DOES WALLACE KNOW THAT DESI DOESN'T ? OH, WHAT A TANGLE WEB WE WEAVE !!

    ReplyDelete