Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 245. Scares And Dares

   At The Exposer, Eve walks inside, as Aretha sits inside and tells Eve "The media's starting to get wind of Andre." Eve fumes, as she tells Aretha "I think I may ask Sayyid to go ahead and take her out if I have to. My career's on the line, and she's not about to ruin my career. Keith and I did what we had to do. I didn't want to abandon Andre." Eve starts to cry, as Aretha consoles her, and reassures Eve "Everything will work out. Trust me. It will." Eve receives a text, and tells Aretha "I have to go. We'll talk later." Eve walks out, as Aretha calls Sayyid, and tells her Uncle "Meet me at my office Uncle Clem. We have something to discuss."
   At Hell Hill, Xavier has left for Jackson Inc, and Country sits in the living room with Leigh, Gracie, and Xavier Jr, as Leigh asks him "So I take it X asked you to watch after me?" Country smiles, and tells Leigh "You are his world Leigh. There's no need to be worried he'd ever leave you." Leigh sighs "I know Country, I don't deserve him." Country looks at Leigh, and tells her in a stern tone "After all you've been through, you should be happy you have him in your life! Some men would leave or cheat on their Wives when going through the change, but X isn't one of them." Meanwhile Sully and Ruthie walks inside, and Leigh sees her Daughter and Granddaughter, and starts to cry, as she runs upstairs, and Sully asks Country "Where's Daddy?" Country responds "At Jackson Inc, he has some things to tend to, so he told me to stay here." Sully looks up the stairs, and sighs "I fear I brought this on. Tell Mom I'll talk to her later. I'm going to leave." Sully and Ruthie leaves, as Country tells Gracie and Xavier Jr "Your Mommy is having a hard time right now. Now who wants to hear a story?" Country puts them on his lap, as he pulls out a hunting magazine and reads to them.
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc, Xavier walks inside his office, as the secretary tells him "He's here." Xavier walks inside and Phillip Mitchell, Mayor of Unity, and major player in the Business world looks at Xavier, and says "This has long been overdue." Xavier shakes Phillip's hand, and tells him to have a seat, as Phillip cuts to the chase and asks Xavier "Someone has moved to Unity and is wanting to lease our empty anchor space at Unity Town Center." Xavier asks "Desi Lane?" Phillip asks Xavier "How do you know?" Xavier tells Phillip "A man named Evan Gore called me last night and mentioned it." Phillip tells Xavier "We have a loan that's been taken out on the mall, and the owners are going to fall through. Our economy is suffering, and we don't want Desi Lane in Unity." Xavier laughs "Nobody wants Desi around." Xavier tells Phillip, as he pulls out some files "Apparently Emery's is your sole anchor?" Phillip tells him "It's the main draw. Our occupancy's at 55%, and Griffin's went under, and there's a third spot, but the Mills closed around the time the mall opened, and it's never been filled." Xavier tells Phillip "My Daughter owns a Clothing Store called Class, and from the looks of things, I think I can solve your problems." Phillip asks him "What's your plan?" Xavier tells Phillip "I'll pay the loan, and buy the mall. I'll talk to Princess and propose an offer to her, and she's likely to take it. And Jim's location has aged and needs replaced." Phillip gets excited, but asks "Wouldn't a Grocery Store hurt a mall?" Xavier tells Phillip "With the population of Unity, this is the best you can hope for. Most major stores avoid the smaller towns, and I want to experiment." Phillip asks "What do you mean by experiment Mr.Jackson?" Xavier tells Phillip "I want to open a store in the mall like Wallace's." Phillip looks at Xavier, and tells him "Well, Wallace's is the top retailer in Unity. It's killed downtown, and our family store is close to closing." Xavier tells Phillip "I will buy Unity Town Center, but keep my name silent. And I mean silent. And if Desi causes any trouble, call me, and I will handle it." Phillip and Xavier shakes hands, as they have made a deal, and Phillip heads out, as he returns to Unity, as Xavier pulls out a layout, and says to himself "Another kick in the Hales ass."
   Meanwhile at Russell's Loft, Bobby, Russell, and Cass discuss the kidnapping of Jake, as Russell updates them on what has happened, and tells them "Floyd's in Unity, and Bree's down there, and there's about to be a major murder about to unfold." Bobby asks Russell "So what's the plan? Are you prosecuting the murderer   if they kill Faye Caswell? Paul walks inside meanwhile, as he tells them "Here's some more information I've learned. Someone sent this to me." Russell, Bobby, and Cass looks at what Paul has presented, and Russell tells them "Looks like we will send someone to Prison, but whoever kills Faye, will be very rich. That bounty's at $20,000,000." Cass tells them "I think we should just call the UPD (Unity Police Department), and tell them to stand down." Russell responds "I've done that. But Lynn Caswell's in some deep shit." Bobby advises them "Andy's down there, and Bree, and one of us needs to monitor things." They turn to Paul, as Paul tells them "I'm not a part of the ALPD." Russell tells Paul "You've always been close to Summer though, so I think it may be smart if you head that way to keep an eye on the situation. I'm coming with you. Hell's about to break loose and the UPD needs some help." Bobby looks at Russell, and tells him "Cass and I will handle things from here. Since the ALPD's being rebuilt, Xavier's leasing the department space in his offices at Jackson Inc." Russell tells Bobby "I'm really surprised how everyone rallied around my Daughter, and I am very grateful for that. Now it's time to head to Unity and take care of business." Paul tells them "I'm packed." Russell says the same thing, and Russell and Paul heads out, as they go to Unity, as Bobby and Cass heads down to Bobby's office. Russell tells Bobby "For what has happened, I want you back in charge as DA. Cass, you will work under Bobby." Bobby thanks Russell, and Cass has no objections, as they head their separate ways.
   At City Hospital, Beth sits in her office, as she has called her Mother, and Aunt and gets no response, as she reads the letter Ava recieved, and Allan walks inside, and Beth asks her Brother "How's Olivia?" Allan tells his Sister "She's better. Allison's staying with her while Cale's in Lafayette for The Fall Classic." Beth tells her Brother "Mama and Aunt Ciarra's headed to Unity. But we need them here." Allan asks his Sister "Why is that Big Sis?" Beth takes a deep breath, and tells him "Apparently Ava has a Grandson, J.J. Martin." Allan goes "Martin? That's Mama's maiden name." Beth nods, and adds "We never had much contact with Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Cora, and I am really wondering about the connection." Allan tells his Sister "I know something." Beth asks "What do you know?" Allan tells his Sister "They had a Grandchild, that was raised by Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Cora, after Patsy was killed in that car wreck." Beth sighs "Martins, and car accidents. Our Grandparents died the same way, and Patsy was a sweet girl." Allan tells Beth "And Raymond was killed in Vietnam. This child could be Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Cora's Great-Grandchild." Beth reminds her Brother "He's Xavier's age." Allan responds "Then it must mean this is their Great-Great Grandson." Beth tells her Brother "I think we need to find this girl."
   Meanwhile at Whispering Hills, Sully walks inside, as Ava plays with J.J. and Sully asks her Aunt "Who's the kid?" Ava laughs "Ruthie has a playmate. This is my Grandson, J.J. Martin." Sully asks "You know that's Gran and Aunt Ciarra's maiden name?" Ava reminds her Niece "Sully, I know. Beth and I discussed it for a few moments before I left the hospital." Sully looks at J.J. as she holds Ruthie, and tells her Aunt "Do you know who his Mother is?" Ava pulls out Jack's diary, and tells Sully "Her name is Samantha. I want to find her, and so does your Grandmother." Ava meanwhile notices sadness in Sully's eyes, and asks "What's wrong sweetie?" Sully tears up, as she says "It's Mom. Everytime she sees Ruthie she runs away. I understand she's going through menopause, but it hurts me so much." Ava walks over to Sully, and hugs her, and gently says "Sully, your Mom is having a hard time. It's nature. She loves Ruthie, and don't let this get to you. Xavier's taking good care of her, and give her time." Sully looks at J.J. and Ava chases after him, as she quips "He's so much like Jack. He was a curious thing. And J.J. takes after him." Sully tells her Aunt "I'm glad to see that spark in your eye again Aunt Ava." Ava tells Sully "I miss Mama, but this little guy is my world." Sully asks her Aunt "Would you help me out?" Ava asks "With?" Sully tells Ava "I need you to help Jared with Class, and..." Ava tells Sully "I will help him. It's time I went down there again. I think now I can." Sully tells her Aunt "We have that huge opening planned for Northbrook Center coming up, and Mom's not able to handle things." Ava assures Sully "Everything will be taken care of Sully. Go home and take care of yourself." Ava hugs her Niece, and kisses Ruthie, as Sully heads home, as Ava looks at J.J., and calls Rose, but the phone goes to voicemail, and Ava says to herself "Hmm. That's unusual."
    Across the road at Hell Hill, Leigh sits in the living room, as she takes a drink of vodka, and there's a knock at the door, and Leigh answers to find Mona, and Leigh snaps "What do you want?" Mona tells her Sister "We need to talk." At The Exposer, Sayyid arrives, and asks Aretha "Where's Willie?" Aretha tells her Uncle "She and Little Sidney went with Rashad to Lafayette." Sayyid nods, and asks his Niece "So I take it this is about Rachel?" Aretha pours herself a glass of wine, and sighs "Bitch's pushing Eve to her breaking point Uncle Clem." At Wallace's Corporate Headquarters, Clayton walks inside Mona's office, and finds it empty, and makes a phone call, but gets no answer and leaves a message yelling "You are starting to piss me off bastard!" At The Sunset Club, Eve arrives, as she sees River, and he asks his Mother in an angry tone "So I have a Brother? And you didn't tell me? Rachel is absolutely right about you!" Eve slaps her Son across the face, as Rachel walks over, and kisses River, and Eve's eyes turn red. Meanwhile Nathan walks into his Suite, as he notices the room has been torn apart, and calls Rose, but gets no response. At the Holiday Motel, Rose is tied to a chair, as her Husband, Todd McClain, slaps her across the face, and whispers "So you moved on? Well I'm back, and I am about to make damn sure you never forget it!" Rose screams for help, as Todd looks Rose over, and in a evil tone, tells her "Time to celebrate my release Wife."

1 comment: