Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 69. Fairy Tales And Betrayal

 The Holidays are over and the tables are turning in Adam's Landing.Over the Holidays,Leigh has disappeared along with Dr.Daniel Kilgore.Desi's world is falling apart as she mourns the loss of Lane's due to Ava,Sully,Aretha,and Eve's secret takeover as well as being charged with Winston Hale's murder.It's all about to hit the fan as the twists keep coming!We pick up 2 weeks later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Beth's in Southpoint Beach,looking for her daughter-in-law,Leigh Woods Jackson after she disappeared with Dr.Daniel Kilgore after Beth's confrontation with Pedro and Daniel a few weeks prior.Beth makes a phone call to Xavier,telling her son"You need to come to Southpoint Beach immediately!"Beth is outside Daniel's home and looks through the window unnoticed,as Daniel and Leigh argue.Leigh yells at Daniel"You cannot control me anymore Daniel.Beth knows I'm alive and I have a family in Adam's Landing who needs me."Daniel yells back"If you return,then I am a dead man knowing Xavier Jackson."Daniel then pulls out a syringe to sedate Leigh.Leigh screams at Daniel and backs towards the door,she reaches for the knob,and Daniel blocks her and tells her"I saved you because I wanted you for me."Leigh shakes in fear and Daniel grabs her arm and throws her up against the wall.He attempts to hold her down and inject her,and suddenly Beth comes through the door,pointing a pistol at Daniel,in a cold tone warning him"I wouldn't do that if I was you."
  Back in Adam's Landing,Pedro arrives at Hell Hill after being summoned by Xavier.Pedro walks into the library and Xavier stands up from his chair and cuts to the chase,asking Pedro"What is going on with my Mother?"Pedro tells Xavier"It's not my place to say anything Xavier."Xavier isn't very pleased and walks over to his desk and grabs a folder from his table.Xavier then tells Pedro in a calm,serious tone"My Mother has kept secrets before as we both know.She is keeping another one or has she found one Pedro?"Pedro has a look of guilt as Xavier pulls his phone out of his pocket and plays Beth's message for Pedro to hear and then he asks Pedro"What's in Southpoint Beach that I need to know?"Pedro is silent and Xavier grows frustrated,yet hides it and keeps his cool.He tells Pedro"I know that Daniel Kilgore is back in Southpoint Beach.I also know my Mother's been keeping close tabs on him.So are you going to tell me what her curiosity?Or are you going to show me?"Pedro fesses up and tells Xavier"Be prepared for the biggest shock of your life Xavier.I'm going to Southpoint Beach with you."Xavier advises Pedro"I'll go alone.You just stay in town."Xavier motions for Pedro to leave and does so as Xavier follows suit,calling his pilot and telling him"We're going to Southpoint Beach ASAP!"
  Desi meanwhile is at her home,placed under surveillance after being charged with the murder of Winston Hale.She's bitter and angry after losing Lane's to Ava,Sully,Aretha,and Eve,and is very bitter and angry.She receives a knock at the door and she answers the door to find Chant on the other side.She angrily tells him"I have nothing to say to you Chant.Chant gets cocky and tells Desi"I know a way for you to get back your store and your innocence."Desi is highly suspicious and asks Chant"How can I do that?"Chant tells her"Get me the deed for Foodstar,and turn Eve into the SEC."Desi is skeptical and tells Chant"I will not do that."Chant laughs and says to Desi"Where has Xavier been lately since you've been down and out?He's more worried about his dear Mother than to be bothered with you killing my father."Desi quickly snaps back"Xavier has supported me through all of this."Chant responds"Where is Xavier right now?"Desi is silent and Chant continues"If you play along,you'll be free and you'll have your company again."Desi shakes her head and sighs"I will not hurt Xavier again!"Chant then says to Desi"Remember the daughter you had with Xavier that died at the hospital?I know what you know and if Xavier knew..."Desi is floored and she asks Chant"How do you know?"Chant answers"I have my sources."Desi is silent and Chant heads out,telling Desi"Either you play ball,or I will destroy you!Once you make your decision meet me at The Sunset Club."Chant leaves and Desi looks around with her mind heavy and after a few moments,she leaves the house.
  Meanwhile Pedro's arrived at Eve's hotel room at The Sunset Club and Eve answers and asks Pedro"I'm surprised to see you here."Pedro tells his ex-wife"I am leaving town.If I don't,I'll be dead!"Eve is scared and asks Pedro"Is this about Leigh?"Pedro tells her"Beth knows she's alive and Xavier will know soon and then I'm done for."Eve grabs him in a hug and gives him a kiss.She then tells him"It's over anyway you look at it Pedro,we never divorced.I didn't sign the papers."Pedro is stunned.Eve then makes another confession to Pedro.Eve tells him"I'm in trouble myself with the SEC and I have a safe house in the islands where we'd be safe and nobody would know where we are,except for Cara."Pedro considers it and after a few moments,he tells Eve"I'm going to pack my bags and meet me at the airport."Eve tells him"I'll see you there."Meanwhile down the hall Desi is standing outside Chant's door.She is nervous and full of doubt,and then knocks on the door and Chant answers the door.Desi tells him"I want my life back!I'll do it!"
  Back in Southpoint Beach,Beth is holding Leigh as Daniel is scared for his life as Beth's aiming her pistol at
him.Beth sternly tells Daniel"You have caused my family enough pain I should kill you now and get it over with!"Leigh begs Beth"Don't do it Beth,what will my daughter do without her father."Beth looks at Leigh and tells her"I did a DNA test on her Leigh and that child is my grand-daughter.Daniel loses nothing but his life."Leigh is shocked and Daniel snarks at Beth"You have always been a piece of work!You never followed guidelines and never played by the book!"Beth yells back"Don't make yourself a hypocrite!"Beth tells Daniel"You will regret hurting my son!I owe him one."Beth shoots Daniel and Xavier comes in the room and is floored when he sees Leigh and is frozen in shock.

1 comment: