Thursday, January 24, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 78. Power And Leverage

  It's the next morning.At Hell Hill, Xavier prepares to go to work and kisses Leigh,who's laying in bed goodbye before leaving."She opens her eyes and smiles at him and he walks out.He receives a text saying"I'm here X.Let's meet up."Xavier replies"Ok" and leaves.He calls Country while walking out and asks him"How's our visitor this morning?"Country,who's down in the storm shelter,takes a drink of some old moonshine and laughs"He's comfortable."Xavier tells Country"I got to go to a meeting,make sure they're comfortable."Country tells Xavier"I got him taken care of." Xavier hangs up and Country takes a drink and asks the person who's legs are chained to the floor"You enjoying your visit?"Winston Hale responds"I will kill Xavier for this?"Country points his rifle at Winston and warns him"It's best you make no threats to X or you will truly be dead!Country left town and went to Winston's Private Island in the tropics and kidnapped him,bringing him back to Adam's Landing as Xavier told him to do."Winston tells Country"You don't know who you're dealing with."Country replies"A man who's dead."Country walks over to Winston and offers him a drink and asks him if he wants a sip.Winston takes a drink and screams yelling"Damn,that's strong!"Country laughs"Anything to take care of X's guest."
  Desi wakes up and finds a box at her doorstep.She gets the box and opens it finding a baby rattle in the box.She throws it down and shrieks and Michael rushed in the foyer and asks his Mother"What's a matter Mom?"Desi points to the baby rattle and Desi in a paranoid tone tells her son"Someone's out to kill me Michael."Michael hugs his Mom and assures her"I think this is probably someone trying to haunt you over what happened to Sully."Desi is quiet and tells Michael"I think I know who's behind this."Michael asks her"Who are you thinking?"Desi calmly with anger in her tone says"Rachel."Michael responds"I could see this being true but I think it's someone in town that's out to get you."Desi laughs hysterically"Everyone in Adam's Landing are out to get me Michael."Michael assures her"I don't think Rachel's wouldn't do something like this."Desi is silent and flashbacks of her discovery of a pacifier on her bed come into her mind,and she is then convinced her daughter's behind this to torment her."Desi swears to Michael"She's not going to get away from this!"Michael attempts to calm his Mother down but Desi prepares to leave to confront Rachel."Michael warns her"You're making the wrong move."Desi looks at Michael and tells him"She's been trying to hurt me ever since she's returned to town."Desi leaves and Michael follows her as Desi heads to The Sunset Club.
  Sully returns to The Penthouse to find Jared worried as well as Beth who's stopped to check on her.Sully asks them"What's wrong with an early drive?"Jared asks his wife suspiciously with a tone of worry"Did you drive over to Desi's house again sweetie?"Beth is shocked and instantly grows worried and asks her Granddaughter in a tone of concern"Are you ok love?"Jared tries to convince his wife"You have the deed to Desi's store.You won Sully."Beth tells Sully"Desi's about to be gone forever my sweet girl.Once her skeletons are revealed in Rachel Lane's book,she will be out of town."Sully asks her Grandmother with a smile showing"For real?Damn,karma's really a bitch."Beth gives her a hug and assures her"She's getting what she deserves for what happened to you.Let karma do it's part and reach out to us when you have trouble."Sully tells her"I can't promise anything.None of you know what it's like to carry a child and fall in love with him,and form a bond with him,and then it dies."Beth looks at Sully and starts to cry and tells her"I don't talk about this at all but I lost a child many years ago when I was married to Frank.It was going to be a little girl but she died at birth."It devastated me.It was a few years before Xavier was born."Sully is surprised and Beth tells her Granddaughter"I didn't lose her like you lost your little boy,but I know how it feels."She hugs Sully and tells her"I'm here for you."Sully thanks her Grandmother and Beth leaves.Jared tells his wife"I'm worried about you Sully.We know you're not ok and you need to confide in your family."Sully looks at him and tells her husband"Words cannot explain my feelings.She needs to pay for what she's done."Jared hugs his wife and tries to assure Sully"You won baby.I promise you."Sully looks at him and calmly and tells him"I don't think I will be able to deal with this until I confront her."Jared is now scared and is silent as Sully heads to the bedroom and Jared makes a phone call to Xavier at Hell Hill,but Leigh answers instead.Leigh asks Jared"How is Sully?"Jared tells her in a scared tone of sadness"She's losing it.I'm scared for her."Leigh tells her son-in-law"I'll come by later and visit."Jared thanks her and hangs up.In the bedroom,Sully sits on the edge of the bed,and cuts herself on the arm with her razor blade.
  Xavier arrives at Chantel's and meets up with a close friend from Blue Ridge,Burt Corbin.Xavier and Burt shakes hands and Xavier laughs jokingly"It took a lot of work to get you down here to Adam's Landing."Burt tells Xavier sarcastically"All you had to do was promise a raise and a nice house."Xavier smiles and tells Burt,who is a long time friend of Xavier for many years during his time in Blue Ridge,tells him"I got everything taken care of my friend."Burt warns jokingly"My house better not be a room at your Mom's."Xavier assures him"You'll enjoy it."Xavier pulls out an envelope from his pocket and tells Burt,who shakes the envelope and asks"I hear keys?"Xavier says to him"House keys."Burt and Xavier laughs for a moment and Burt gets quiet and notices Rachel and Jack at the other end of the restaurant,and gives a dirty look to them that Xavier doesn't see.Xavier tells Burt"I've got to go take care of some business.Go check out your home."Burt tells Xavier"Most definitely X."They shake again and Xavier leaves as Burt takes one more look to Rachel and Jack and gets upset,which he conceals,and leaves to check out his house.At Rachel and Jack's table,Rachel tells Jack"That man sitting with Xavier is the other possibility I told you about last night."Jack asks Rachel"How do you know Burt Corbin?"Rachel tells Jack"I lived in Blue Ridge for a short time before returning to town and we dated.He wanted to marry me but I wasn't ready for it.I suck when it comes to love."Jack tells Rachel,grabbing her hand"I suck at love also."They look at each other and both of them has fallen for each other.
  Beth arrives at City Hospital and runs into Willie and Willie asks Beth"Where's Terrance?"Beth tells Willie"I just arrived.He's here in the hospital somewhere.I'll page for him."Willie offers her condolences to Beth on the loss of Sully's baby and Beth thanks Willie and asks her"How's Sidney?"Willie tells Beth"He's worse.This morning he couldn't remember me."Beth assures Willie lovingly"He knows you.It's only the disease that has taken him away but in his heart he knows you and he knows you love him as he loves you."Willie smiles and tells Beth"You're going to make me cry."Beth hugs her and Terrance arrives and asks Willie"Is it about Daddy again?"Willie tells her son"He woke up this morning and didn't know who I was Terrance."Terrance hugs his Mother knowing there's no way he can help his father memory come back.Sidney Evans,Terrance and Aretha's father,and Willie's husband for 64 years is suffering for Alzheimer's disease and it's getting worse as Sidney has very little memories left that he can remember and Terrance walks into his office to visit Sidney and he has disappeared."Terrance pages his father as Willie is scared.Meanwhile down the hall Beth finds Sidney and asks Sidney"Where are you going Sidney?Willie and Terrance are in his office looking for you."Sidney gets angry and yells at Beth"Who the hell are you and I'm just as equal as you."Beth handles Sidney with compassion and kindly agrees and walks him to Terrance's office.
  Back at The Penthouse,Leigh and Cecelia has arrived and Jared welcomes them in and he walks into the bedroom to let Sully know of her Mother and Sister's arrival.Cecelia notices some drawings on the coffee table and looks at them with curiosity,and Leigh tells her daughter"Sully's a fashion designer and owns Class."Cecelia is impressed.Jared walks into the bedroom and Sully's laying on the bed,with her arm bandaged up and Jared notices it but doesn't say anything about it.He tells her"Leigh and Cecelia are here."Sully tells him"I'll be out in a minute."She takes her razor blade out of her pocket and looks at it and glances at her other arm.
  Michael and Desi return home after going to The Sunset Club to confront Rachel.Michael has calmed his Mother down and is still trying to convince her that Rachel isn't the one behind the pacifier and the baby rattle.Desi lashes out in fear and frustration"I don't know who it is."Outside the house,Burt Corbin walks up to the door and looks around and says"This is nice.I think I'll like it here."He knocks on the door and Michael answers asking Burt"Can I help you?"Burt walks inside and looks at Michael and Desi puzzled and asks"You are Rachel's Mom and Brother aren't you."They ask Burt suspiciously"Who are you?"Burt smiles and tells them"I'm Burt Corbin and I want to know why you're in my house?"Both Michael and Desi are taken back by Burt's bombshell.Meanwhile,at the storm shelter,Country gets a text from Ava and Winston yells at him"I know you are sleeping with Ava."Country acts shocked and takes a drink and says to Winston"Sleeping is what she did when she was married to you."Winston gets angry and yells"Once I get out of here,you'll be dead like Desi's husband!"Xavier walks into the Storm Shelter and calmly tells Winston"You'll be the one that dies if your son doesn't play ball."

1 comment:

  1. I JUST KNEW IT WOULD BE WINSTON IN THE SHELTER ! BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS ANYONE'S GUESS !! LOL

    ReplyDelete