Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 112. Family Ties And Inquisition

   At City Hospital, Frank is sitting in the bed as the TV's on and catching up on the race results. Frank asks Willie "Shouldn't you be with Sidney instead of being here with me?" Willie tells Frank "Ruth didn't want you to be by yourself. And I finally hired someone to help out with Sidney." Frank asks Willie "How is Sidney doing?" Willie looks down and tells Frank "The Alzheimer's is getting worse and worse every day. He barely speaks and I sometimes pray the lord takes him. It heartbreaking to watch him sit there and not remember who he is or where he is." Frank tells Willie "I'm sure he knows you and Terrance and Aretha." Willie smiles at Frank and says "He does but he can't acknowledge it." Terrance walks in Frank's room and sees Frank and tells him "Good to see you're awake." Frank tells Terrance with a smile "Good to be awake and seeing those race results makes me feel better." Terrance then looks at his Mother and asks her "Mama,are you planning on staying overnight?" Willie tells her son "Only until Ruth or one of the family comes back. She didn't want Frank to be by himself." Frank quips "I don't think I'm going anywhere unless Michael comes to Adam's Landing tonight and wants to fight with Cale after that race." Terrance quickly says to Frank "I think everything's covered at FJR." Terrance asks his Mother,remembering what Beth had told him a few days prior "Mama can I see you in my office? I want to talk to you about something." Frank motions for Willie to go along with Terrance, telling her "I don't plan on escaping." Willie and Terrance heads to his office as Frank sits up and watches the TV and a visitor walks into the room and Frank asks him "What are you doing here?" Cale tells his Father "I thought you might want this." Cale gives Frank the trophy from his race win and Frank's silent and asks Cale "What has humbled you?" Cale responds "Your brother has his ways of humbling people." Frank laughs and says "Yes he does." Cale sits by Frank's side and they begin to get to know each other.

   Meanwhile all the ladies has met up at Ava's house as Beth and Ruth has arrived. Sully, Leigh, Tenny, and Aretha have already shown up and Tenny asks Ava "Has our guest of honor arrived yet." Ava looks at them and quips "Let's go to my basement and find out." They head down the stairs into Ava's basement. With her arms tied to the chair in the middle of the room and out cold from Jack's injection sits Rachel. Jack is down there and Ava tells everyone "Looks like the whore's asleep." Beth tells everyone "The drug should begin to wear off shortly." Jack gives Beth the syringe as she checks it and tells Jack "You did everything right, as she checks where he injected her and all the ladies stand around as Rachel is out and Ava gets excited and tells everyone,as Rachel begins to awaken "Looks like our guest is ready to answer some questions." Rachel looks around the room and notices her wrists are tied tightly to the chair and is silent. Ava asks Rachel "Are you comfortable?" Rachel looks at Jack and says to him "You lied to me?" Jack tells Rachel "Yes I did." Ava quips with pride "That's my son." Aretha's the first one to start the Inquisition and says calmly yet with anger in her voice to Rachel "You shouldn't be upset about this. You had no trouble coming to town and drugging people like Xavier, and my son, drugging them." Rachel angrily hisses at Aretha "You backstabbing bitch. I read that article you wrote on your website!" Aretha delivers a slap to Rachel and tells her coldly ,getting in her face "What's really bad is that your book's been taken off the bookshelves and you have lost all your allies." Ava stands back and smiles, while playing with her cigarette lighter and quips to Rachel, holding her book and setting it on fire "We've made our money Rachel. Now you're about to pay for the pain you've caused all of us in this room." Rachel yells "All of you are crazy! Sully walks over to Rachel and tells her sternly "What I don't like to see bitch, is my Daddy upset over your selfish actions. You are just like your Mother." Rachel angrily responds "Go cut yourself you psycho! I didn't want the damn kid anyway. I only wanted to get back at my Mother." Sully delivers a blistering slap to Rachel and pulls out a razor blade and cuts Rachel on the face and asks her,losing her temper "How does if feel Rachel? It's been my relief. Maybe you should take it up and do all of us a favor!" Rachel yells for help and Ava looks down and shakes her head and tells Rachel coldly "Nobody's going to help you Rachel. Nobody." Rachel looks around the room as she sees Ava, Aretha,Beth, Ruth, Sully, Leigh, Tenny, and Jack and she yells at them "All of you will pay for this! I mean all of you!" Ruth pulls a pistol out of her purse and says to Rachel "The only one in this room that's about to pay for anything is you." Rachel is quiet as Ruth tells Rachel calmly with anger in her voice "If my son had of died, I'd killed you myself you ungrateful bitch! You make me sick. You had an abortion on an innocent child, just to stick it to my family. Dear that doesn't work here." Rachel looks at Ruth and responds "You're not even related to Xavier.Your dear B.R, slept with your son's wife and out came Xavier. Maybe Dr. Beth should have had an abortion and saved you some grief." Ava gets heated and walks over to Rachel and warns her "You won't dare talk to my Mama like that." Ava hits Rachel and Ruth backs up and takes a deep breath and heads upstairs,telling everyone "I need a break." Beth sends a text meanwhile and looks at Rachel and is silent, staring at her intently with red in her eyes as Leigh keeps Sully calm and Leigh now walks over to Rachel and Rachel asks Leigh "And the one person I thought had some sanity is about to let loose?" Leigh tells Rachel "I didn't judge you for what you did Rachel. I didn't do anything to you. I would have helped you and been there for you. But you hurt Xavier beyond words. He didn't deserve that." Rachel replies "Blame Ava for the abortion." Leigh gets angry and Beth tells Leigh "Head back home. You don't need this stress." Leigh heads upstairs and Sully tells everyone with her anger growing "Let's finish her off." Tenny, who's been watching everything unfold, says "I think it's time for the big gun." All the ladies agrees and Rachel looks around the room,with fear beginning to grow as to what will happen next.

   Meanwhile at Hell Hill, Xavier sits in his study,as he is getting texts from Ava and the family as to how things are going regarding Rachel's "trial". In the living room, Ciarra is sitting in front of the TV and Lily helps herself inside and Ciarra asks her Daughter "What are you doing here?" Lily tells her Mother "Looks like nobody's here. We can have a heart to heart." Ciarra politely asks Lily to leave, saying "I don't have anything to say to you after all the pain and hurt you've caused me." Lily sits down next to her Mother and says to her "I want to discuss your shares in Jim's and Jackson Inc. I think with your advanced age, you can't handle them and you should let me control them." Lily pulls out a form of papers and tells Ciarra, giving her a pen "Sign these papers and you'll have less to worry about." Ciarra puts on her glasses and begins to read them and gets to a line saying "incompetent". Ciarra gets angry and looks at Lily and rips the papers up as Lily gets angry and says "Look you senile old woman.." Xavier comes out of the study and pulls out his Colt 45 and warns Lily "Get your worthless ass out of my house now!" Lily yells back "Stay out of this Xavier!" Leigh comes in the house in a fury and Xavier tells his Great-Aunt, who's upset at Lily's insults "Tend to Leigh. I'll handle Lily." Ciarra follows Leigh as Xavier sternly tells Lily "I warned you once and I won't warn you again. I heard everything you were saying to your Mother. Either you leave alive or you leave dead. Make your choice." Lily looks at Xavier and says "You are one evil bastard to threaten family like that." Xavier tells Lily coldly "You're not family to me! You are someone on borrowed time if you keep this act up. Lily leaves,slamming the door and Xavier goes to check on Leigh and Ciarra.

   At City Hospital, Frank and Cale are in Frank's room and Cale has told Frank of his life, telling Frank "My Aunt and Uncle raised me and it was bad. My Uncle was a drug-addict and my Aunt left when I was young and left me with him and he was cruel." Frank is attentive and tells Cale "I knew Claudia was pregnant and then she said she lost the child after she left for some time. Cale if I knew you were alive.." Cale stops Frank and tells him "I know you've been there. Xavier explained everything to me Frank." Frank starts to get emotional and tells Cale "This win does make me proud. I want us to get to know each other. I want to make up for the lost time." Cale tells his Father "I'm sorry about how we started things off. I let my emotions get the best of me sometimes." Frank tells Cale "That trait you inherited from me." Both of them laughs and Ruth returns to Frank's room and asks Cale "What in the hell are you doing here?" Frank tells his Mother "We're bonding. He gave me this trophy." Ruth walks over to Cale and tells him "I'm glad to see this. Now you're going to have to bond with me." Frank warns Cale with a laugh "She's going to be a tough one to deal with." Ruth says "I was watching the two of you and Cale, welcome to our family." Ruth hugs Cale and tells him "You're now my Grandson and you have a family and never forget that." Cale promises his Grandmother "I don't plan to." Ruth asks Frank "Where's Willie?" Frank tells her "Terrance went to talk to her in his office." Ruth tells Cale "You go rest after that race. I want us to have breakfast tomorrow and take you on a tour of the farm." Cale accepts and says "Frank or I should say Dad told me you were an excellent cook." Ruth smiles and says "See you tomorrow Cale." Cale leaves with a feeling of content as Frank asks Ruth "How was your dinner with Beth?" Ruth responds "It was great. Ladies night." Frank tells his Mother "You should go rest yourself. You look tired." Ruth asks Frank "Sure you don't want me to stay?" Frank laughs "You've got to show my son around the farm tomorrow. Go home." Ruth shrugs "If you insist." She hugs her son and says "I'm glad you're alive Frank." Frank replies "I'm glad I'm still here." Ruth leaves and Frank lays in the bed and is silent, thinking of Cale and says "I'm going to be there for him. My son." Frank turns off the TV and goes to sleep."

   Meanwhile at City Hospital, Willie and Terrance are in his office as Terrance has informed his Mother of Rashad's arrival and Willie notices something with Terrance and asks her son "What do you want to tell me Terrance?" Terrance stumbles on his words and Willie looks at Terrance and asks him "Is this about Sidney?" Terrance looks at his Mother and says "No. It's about me.I've needed to tell you for many years about this." Willie gets worried and asks her son "What is it?" Terrance looks up and takes a deep breath and has a flashback to his talks with Aretha and Beth and finally comes out to his Mother,t elling her "Mama,I'm gay." Willie is taken back and is silent and looks at her son and asks him "Are you joking?" Terrance calmly says "I'm not kidding Mama. I have always been gay and I've never known how to tell you." Willie tells Terrance, as she's confused "I don't understand. I mean you're attractive and you could have any woman you want." Terrance says "It isn't about that Mama. I've known since I was in college. I was scared of telling you." Willie looks at Terrance and says "In my day, homosexuality was a sin Terrance. I was raised to frown upon it but you're my son. You've helped me out so much with your Daddy and I don't understand any of this, but you're my son nonetheless and I love you." Terrance starts to cry and says "You don't know what it means to me to have you accept this." Willie sighs "I haven't kept up well with the times but be careful son. There are people who will discriminate because of it. One thing is being black and another being gay. Down here people are closed minded." Terrance tells his Mother "I know Mama. I've had my share of trouble over the years but I've overcome." Willie hugs her son and tells him lovingly "You're my son and that's all that matters. I love you regardless if you're gay or straight." Terrance and Willie hugs as Terrance cries on his Mother's shoulder, as he's relieved his mother has accepted it and he can finally be open with her.

   Back at Hell Hill, Xavier is in the kitchen and asks his Wife "How did things go at Ava's?" Leigh shakes her head and says "X I had to get out of there. That girl is heartless. She makes me sick." Ciarra says to Leigh "I haven't heard from Tennessee or Beth yet." Leigh tells Ciarra and Xavier "It was tense in the basement." Xavier receives a text from Country and Xavier hugs Ciarra and Leigh and kisses her stomach and tells them "Now it's my turn to visit with Rachel." At Ava's, It's down to Ava, Aretha, Beth, Sully, and Tenny as Rachel yells at all of them "You all are crazy! I hope all of you get what's coming to you after this!" Beth finally speaks and pulls out her phone and shows a picture to Rachel and asks "Do you know who that is Rachel?" Beth shows the photo to everyone in the room and Sully is shocked as Beth tells them "Ava's not the only one who'd go to great lengths to protect her family." Rachel yells at them "I will expose you Beth.Just wait until I get out of here!" Ava quips "We're not finished yet Rachel. You still have to face Xavier." Tenny walks over and slaps Rachel and steps back and sarcastically responds "I had to get one in for the hell of it. I'm going home. Allan's returned." Tenny leaves and Aretha looks at Beth and says "I thought she was dead?" Beth looks at Rachel and says to her coldly "Your family have hurt Xavier and Sully countless times over the years and I'd be damned to let it happen again!" Ava looks at Beth with an evil grin and laughs "I see you and I share the same feelings for Rachel's lovely family." Rachel looks at all of them with disgust and yells "I'm going to destroy all of you!" Sully tells Rachel "You're the one getting destroyed bitch." Country arrives and Beth pulls out a syringe and injects Rachel again, knocking her out and tells Country "You know where to take her. Xavier's waiting." Country picks Rachel up and carries her off as Ava, Beth, Sully, and Aretha sits back and Ava says "I think Rachel's beginning to learn about us." Sully asks her Grandmother, changing subject to the picture "Why didn't you just kill her?" Beth tells Sully "As a doctor, I made an oath to save lives. I'll explain this to you tomorrow. Let's all go home and call it a night." Everyone leaves and Ava walks them out and sees Jack,who had went upstairs and sitting on the couch without much emotion and Ava asks her son"Are you ok Jack?"Jack says to his Mother"Never better.She deserved it."Ava and Jack sits down and Ava hugs her son and they call it a day."
  

2 comments:

  1. GOOD EPISODE ! SURE WOULD NOT WANT THOSE LADIES MAD AT ME !! LOL Can't wait to find out who is in the picture !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actuаlly make it seem so eas wwith your presentɑtion but I find this
    topic to be actually somethiing thhat I tink I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremеly broad for me.
    I am looқing forward for your next post, I wіll try to get the hɑng of it!

    ReplyDelete