Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 333. The Double Power Play, Part 2

     At The Sunset Club, the press starts to gather, and chaos ensues. Inside, Russell and Summer sit at a table, as Russell tells his Daughter "We should have met someplace else. But.." Summer tells her Father "I hope what you did was sincere and not to score brownie points with Uncle Xavier from your re-election." Russell tells her "If I lose, then I'm traveling, and spending time with my Grandsons. I know for certain you are safe. Paul is a fine man, and I have not spoke to your Aunt, but after seeing Xavier, I know you are now ok." Summer says to him "Thank you Dad. It took me a long time to see what my Mom was, and really too giving..." Paul sighs "Summer, she is a great actress. You are the best thing I ever got from her, but let's enjoy ourselves. I have to go back to the Capitol today." In the Jackson Room, the press sets up, as Berry sips wine, and smokes a cigar, as Aretha sits next to her, and goes "I hope you're ready because I know something's going to blow." Berry quips "Landon's about to pull something."

    At Hell Hill, Xavier, Country, and Brock sit in Xavier's study, as Brock goes "Did Sully tell you about Rachel and I getting her approval." Xavier nods, and says "I approve also, but don't tell that to your Mother." Brock is taken aback, as Country, in a drunken tone yells "I'll be damn! Are you getting soft X?" Xavier looks at his Son, and his best friend, and says "Rachel can help us with what that bastard has in mind." Brock tells them "Jared tried to get me to come onto his side." Xavier motions to Country for the moonshine, and red comes into his eyes, as he says "I sure hope you did not accept his offer." Brock yells "Hell no! I want to prove myself to you, and Mom, really you Dad." Country gets a text, and says "I need to head out." Country walks off, as Xavier looks at his Son, and says "You are maturing very quickly. That's enough for me to give Rachel a chance. Here Son, have a drink with me and let's catch up." Brock goes "I need to head down to Jazz to work. I'm slinging drinks." Xavier smiles, and goes "I love you Son." He gets up, as they embrace in a hug, and Brock walks out, as Xavier gets a text, and heads out.

    At Jackson Inc, Sully and Bree arrive, as Jack and Ava greets them and Ava hugs her Nieces, and tells Sully "Free at last!" Sully takes a deep breath, and sighs "Marriage wise, yes. But we need to be.." Jack tells his Cousin "Already on it." They walk into Jack's office, as they turn on the TV, and Bree tells them, getting a text "I need to go meet Bobby. Another problem solved thanks to Uncle Xavier." Ava smiles "It will be so warm to my heart to know that selfish bitch is going to rot under the Unity Prison." Bree sighs "I would like to think she will change, but has proven otherwise." Ava assures her "Bree, you're smart and intelligent. We know that's never going to happen." Sully tells her Cousin "Bree, you've been awesome! I'm going to celebrate tonight at my place. A family dinner and maybe a bonfire." Bree smiles, and says "See you then." Bree walks out, and yells "Someone is here!" Rachel walks inside, and Ava's eyes turn red, as Sully warns her Aunt and Cousin, as Jack's eyes widen "Don't start no shit!" Ava and Jack are quiet, as Rachel tells them "I have an announcement. I'm leaving The Gossiper, and DuBois Publishing." Ava warns her "I sure as hell hope you're not thinking of coming here since you are shacking up with Brock." Sully asks Rachel "I have a question. What if I hire you on here?" Ava's jaw drops, as does Jack's, as they ask Sully "Are you ok?" Sully smiles "I'm developing a new media division for Jackson Inc. Rachel would be excellent." Ava and Jack are quiet, as Jack says "I don't like it, but better for us." Ava asks Rachel "So have you truly changed?" Rachel tells them "I have. I made many mistakes, but wish to redeem myself." Sully assures them "She's sincere. Daddy even approves of her." Ava warns Rachel, pulling out her lighter "One time you screw up, your ass will be mine!" Ava walks out, and yells "Don't try to seduce my Son!" Rachel asks Sully and Jack "Are you serious Sully?" Sully nods, and says "We own the Adam's Landing Journal, and with what's coming, you'd be a valuable asset." Rachel accepts, and says "To new beginnings." Sully adds "Come over tonight and just ignore Mom, and Grandma. I'll make sure you have help." Rachel heads to the door, and says "Let me break this to Doris. She won't take it well, but I like her better than her Daughter and the other bitches down there." Rachel walks out, as Jack looks at Sully, and she goes "I have it under control."

    At Class, Leigh returns, as Ruthie greets her Grandmother, and goes "So Mom and Dad are done?" Leigh nods, and says "They are, and your Grandpa's silent." Ruthie rolls her eyes, as she asks "Is he plotting?" Leigh tells her Granddaughter "You can bet he's got something in mind. He was going to meet up with your Mom and Bree, but he's not answering texts or calls." Marco walks inside and yells "Turn on the news!" Leigh turns on the TV, as Ruthie goes "Oh dear God..." Leigh sighs "I think we know what he's plotting now." Back at The Sunset Club, Jared, Clint, and Thorpe arrive, as Berry and Aretha sit and Berry asks "Where the hell is Rachel?" Aretha assures Berry "Who needs her ass. We got this." Thorpe sits down, and Clint and Jared stand at the podium, as they begin to talk, and says "We have an announcement." A sign is behind them, as they pull the cover off, as Jared tells everyone "Today we announce a new company. Landon-Hale. Our goal is to become the main players in town, and make Jackson Inc, and HaleCorp pay." Clint adds "We are their nightmare." At Jackson Inc, Sully and Jack watch, as does Leigh, Ruthie, and Marco at Class. All of whom watch on with disgust. In the car, Ava hears the announcement, as she calls Xavier, which goes to voicemail.

    Meanwhile at La Trattoria, Connor sits with his Mother, as Bridget tells her Son "Where is Wade? He was supposed to meet us here." Connor goes "You cling to him too much." Bridget tells her Son "I don't really like this place, and I sure don't like what I am feeling." At HaleCorp, Wade is in his office, as Samantha stands inside with a gun aimed at him, yelling "Bastard! Where is my Mother?" Wade yells "Angelica is not your Mother!" Samantha grins "Yes she is." Wade asks Samantha "So who are you? Who am I talking to?" Samantha grins "Call me Aunt Bella asshole!" Wade pushes a button under the table, and says "Ok Bella. It's time for you to go get some help." Samantha turns off the safety, as she yells "No, you're the one that needs help!" Diego rushes inside, as Wade screams "Get this crazy bitch out of here!" Diego tells Samantha "Bella, Wade did not kill your Mother. They left town." Samantha snaps "So who has to die then?" Diego goes "I'm your Son." Wade goes "I've enjoyed this trip into psycho town, but time to meet my Wife." Wade runs out, as Diego tells his Cousin "Hand me the gun. I'll help you find who killed your Mother." Samantha looks at him, and says "Oh you are such a good Nephew." Wade is outside, and calls Xavier, to no answer, and sends his Wife a text. Back at La Trattoria, Connor rolls his eyes, as Bridget says to him "He's got away from his desk. On his way." 

    Meanwhile at City Hospital, Beth sits in her office, as Xavier walks inside and tells his Mother "I got your text." Beth lights a joint and goes "I think you might want a toke or two for what I got to reveal." Xavier declines, and says "Mother, is this about Samantha?" Beth answers "No. But here's what you need to see." Beth hands a file over, as Xavier begins to read it, and goes "Oh hell no." Beth answers "Oh hell yes Son." Xavier gets up, and yells "Clint and Jared is having their pity party presently, and now this?" Beth calmly asks "How are you going to break this to Leigh?" Xavier has a flashback, and says "The best way is to rid the problem. She does not need this!" Ginny and Rashad walks inside, as Beth tells her Son "Now take that file, and go visit Sully. I'll be over tonight with Mama." Xavier hugs his Mother, and leaves, as Ginny asks her Great-Aunt "What was that about?" Beth changes subjects, and asks them "What's going on?" Rashad goes "Ginny and I are worried about Dr. Rivera." Beth takes a deep breath, and assures both of them "Something is off with him. I warned him earlier. Now I am leaving to check on my Mama. I'll be in touch." Beth holds the door, and Ginny and Rashad walks out, as Beth locks up her office, and says to herself "Can't catch a damn break around here, or anywhere!" 

    At Hell Hill, at Country and Storm's Cottage, Storm is awake, as Country tells him "So Xavier paid you a visit? You know what's going to be before prison now don't cha?" Storm tells him "I am NOT going around Samantha, Bella, whatever the hell he name is again!" She is crazy!" Country assures him "And we know. So stay away from her? Ever been to my hunting land?" Country hands him a plane ticket, and quips "Since you have this address, you'll be ok little buddy." Storm thanks him, and heads to his room, as Country gets a text. At The Farm, Bree unlocks the door, and Floyd and Tenny sit inside, watching soap operas, as Tenny snaps "Everything is fine here. Get lost!" Tenny lights a blunt, and Floyd shrugs, as Bree tells both of them "I'm just checking on the place since Uncle Frank went to Southpoint Beach, and put out the blunt old woman." Floyd tells Tenny "Lemme try that again." Bree walks out, as she rolls her eyes, and laughs to herself and says "Wow! I'm seen it all!" At the ALPD, Summer walks into Paul's office and goes "Daddy went back to Capital City. Mrs. Addie Gore seems to scare him. She would be a great Governor though." Paul laughs "Baby, your Mom's on a bus to prison. By herself, and I have nothing else to do." Summer goes "Thinking what I'm thinking?" Paul and his Wife embrace in a kiss, and heads home in a flirting manner. On the road, Jamie is taken to Unity in a dark SUV, with the windows tined inside and out, as she yells "Who's driving?" The window opens, and Bobby turns around and says "The bus was full." with a smile.

   At La Trattoria, Wade joins his Wife and Step-Son, as Wade tells them "That wife of Jack thinks she's my Aunt?" Bridget yells "Shit! Oh Shit! Wade!!", as Connor tells his Mother "Calm down Mom." Connor asks "What did she do Dad?" Wade tells them "She tried to kill me, but Diego's been running security. Xavier said he was the best one in that family. He saved me." At The Sunset Club, Aretha, Berry, meet up with Doris and Monica, as Doris yells "Drinks around the house." Aretha asks "Wonder where Rachel was today?" At The Gossiper, Rachel writes a letter, with fury in her eyes, as she has a flashback and fights her emotions. At Hell Hill, Xavier returns, and sits in the living room, and pulls out the file and reads it again, and says to himself "Damnit!" with frustration, thinking of his Wife with concern. At Class, Sully arrives, and Leigh greets her Daughter and says "Hello Miss Sully Jackson!" Ruthie hugs her Mother, as she tells them "Jared and Clint has no idea what's coming for their asses!" At The Sunset Club, a woman checks in, and looks at a photograph, before getting onto an elevator. Inside The Jackson Room, Clint, Thorpe, and Jared all have drinks as Jared goes "We'll wipe their empires off the damn radar with Landon-Hale!" Ava walks inside, and listens, as she makes her unseen, and sends a text. At Hell Hill, Xavier gets her text, and responds "I'm ready for his ass now."

    

     

      


   

No comments:

Post a Comment