Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 332. The Double Power Play, Part 1

    It's the next day in Adam's Landing, and at Hell Hill, Leigh is in the living room, sending her Husband a text, as Sully, and Bree walk in and Sully tells her Mother "Ruthie's not meeting us at the Courthouse. Going down to Class and watch over things." Leigh looks at them, and says "It's going to be one hell of a day. I know that much. Your Father said he's staying away." Bree grins, as she says "Uncle Xavier's pulled some strings, and then some Leigh." Leigh smiles "That's my X." Sully tells her Mother "Jared has no idea." They head to the Adam's Landing Courthouse. At the ALPD, Monica sits in her office, as Paul walks inside and goes "Summer's not coming down." Monica tells Paul "I need something to spike this coffee for what's about to happen. I mean, what in the hell is called justice?" Paul goes "It's how things work in this town." Xavier meanwhile is walking down the hallway with two jailers, as they unlock Jamie's cell, and Xavier walks in silently, and asks "Sleeping well?" Jamie snarls "Son of a bitch. What are you doing here?" Xavier walks around, and says "I hear your case in front of Gilham will not happen. Behind the scenes deal." Jamie yells "Did you... oh you and Ava..." Xavier motions the guards, and says "You did all of this you selfish bitch. Now you are going to repent for awhile. Ava wanted to say farewell but she has something I'll make certain you never have, a life." The jailers walk towards Jamie, as she asks "Ok Xavier. Can I at least make one phone call?" Xavier laughs "Thorpe has his hands tied today. You are screwed sis." The jailers grab Jamie as she screams and yells, and Xavier stands, arms crossed, with a smile, and goes "A long damn time coming. And for a bonus, you get to suffer. Espicially with where I got you destined to land." Back in Monica's office, a jailer walks inside and asks "So what's up with Jamie?" Monica and Paul answers "She's being moved." 

     At Jared and Clint's new office building, Jared and Thorpe are inside, as Thorpe says "This is going to be a crapshoot. I just learned the judge who was originally chosen has taken a leave of absence." Jared asks "Who's replacing her?" Thorpe goes "No answer. I just know I think you're winning today." Jared tells Thorpe "I am going to win either way. Today I am free of Xavier as far as I am concerned, and time to expose the bastard." Thorpe smiles "Exactly right." At HaleCorp, Wade arrives as Clint gets a text, and asks Wade "An insider said the divorce judge called out?" Wade goes "Wrong one to talk to that shit about Clint. And shouldn't you be packing up?" Clint asks "What? You aren't going to fire someone out of the blue." Wade goes "Oh hell yes I can and have. Tell my Brother the same. I am now in control here. I don't want traitors in my place of business. Time for my Grandfather's legacy to be run the correct way, and out of anyone's hands who cannot be trusted." Wade walks off, as Clint takes a deep breath, with fury in his eyes, saying to himself "You don't know what's coming." Wade sends a text. At Whispering Hills, Ava sits with Tenny and Floyd, as she tells them, pouring a shot of whiskey in all their cups "Wade is truly my Winston's boy!" They then toast, as Ava grins "Today will be a damn good day."

    At City Hospital, Beth walks into her office, as Connor sits, and Beth goes "Put a towel down." Connor puts the towel down under the door, as Beth lights a blunt, and Connor gasps "Dr. Jackson!" Beth laughs "My Son gave this place to me as a birthday gift. Bought it cash money, taking a toke, and then asks "So I heard about Terrance from nurse Reed." Connor asks "What do you need to know." Beth says "I spoke to Rashad also, Ginny, Olivia's Granddaughter." Connor nods, and says "I don't know, but he needs to stop." Beth assures him "I have no problem standing up to him, but that is something you have to do. I don't like Dr. Rivera, but know you are a kind, gentle man and you're going places." Connor smiles, and walks out, as Beth makes a phone call. At The Evans Home, Willie sits in the kitchen, playing blackjack with her Son, as Terrance sighs "Mama, you always win this shit! Uncle Clem and Pops told me you know!" Willie grins with a smile. There's a knock at the door, and Terrance answers, as Doris stands and Terrance yells "It's Doris DuBois..." Willie walks to the door and asks "What the hell you think you're doing here? I know it's not what I believe it is, getting back with Clem..." Terrance takes a deep breath, as Doris goes "Willie! I know you understood my reasons!" Willie yells "Then why did you not take him?" Doris gets emotional, and walks to the door, and says "My Mama and Granddaddy Willie. They hated him." Willie tells Doris "Ok. Tell that again so I can walk out. Same damn story." Willie returns to the kitchen, as Terrance tells Doris "She is that way." Doris nods, and leaves, with a tear rolling down her eye.

     At The Adam's Landing Courthouse, Sully, Leigh, and Bree take their places. Jared smugly struts in with Thorpe and Clint in tow, as he whispers "You have no chance. Jared Hale Inc sounds really nice honey." Sully whispers back "Screw you Jared!" The bailiff announces the judge, as everybody jaw drops, as Bobby sits and says "Judge Gilham went to the islands to get some rest. I am filling in." Jared screams "Damnit! I yell mistrial!" Thorpe and Clint agree, as Sully turns to her Mother and Cousin, and goes "Daddy set this up. Has his handprints all over this." Leigh and Bree smile, and Bree says "Bobby has been a substitute judge from time to time." Bobby yells at Jared "Sit down!", slamming his gavel, and says "Ok! Now we are here about a divorce, and about a percentage in Jackson Inc due to a old rule Xavier used to go by before he learned about folks like Mr. Jared Hale there." Jared snarls, as Thorpe warns "Let him talk. Bobby is fair if you give him a chance." Bobby tells Thorpe "Picked the wrong one today buddy. His ass is about to be a free man, and seduce any whore on the street!" Jared gets up with anger, as Sully, Bree, and Leigh watch, and Bree goes "Judge Whitten, we know what he signed. So let's get it over." Sully and Leigh nods, as Jared rages silently. Bobby looks around, and says "Well. I have come to one."

    At Hell Hill, Xavier returns, as he is followed by Country, and he tells him "I am about to make damn sure everything is in motion. Leigh did say to find something to do, well call me a damn miracle worker!" Country laughs, as Xavier says "How about some beer? I feel like it after sending Jamie off." The doorbell rings, as Country answers and goes "Russell?" Russell Marx walks inside, and tells Xavier "Look, I know I'm running against the woman from Unity, and I am very sure you keep up." Xavier goes "Well don't thank me Russell. And I saved Summer because she is my Niece. I cannot help it about you." Russell says "I would like to be there more, but I am Governor, and my rival is really coming after me." Xavier sighs "Well look, I'm not interested, but let me watch and talk to Bobby." Russell says "Fair. Good to talk to you Xavier." Xavier and Country head to the study, and Xavier pulls out a jug, and two cups. At Jackson Inc, Jack sits in his office, looking out the window, as Ava walks in and hugs her Son and says "I heard about that from Tenny." Jack goes "Last thing I need with Sam going crazy and no end in sight." Ava reminds him "It isn't something to understand. One fact, Angelica was a evil bitch. We owe Wade." Jack nods in agreement.

     Meanwhile at The Falcon, Tenny and Floyd sits, as Tenny asks Floyd "I wonder if Cale is..." Floyd goes "Look, we got other problems if you look to your left." Tenny turns to see Rachel, and Tenny yells "Hey Rachel! Come over here!" Rachel nervously does, as Tenny says "So you are seeing Brock? In heat? Mid-Life crisis?" Floyd tells Rachel "She has had some liquor this morning. Can't handle it." Tenny snaps "She's dating my Grandson's, Son! She is old enough to be his Mother. And she aborted Xavier's. You know that killed that poor man!" Rachel asks "Can we leave that in the past Tenny? I've changed, and I have to go to my office. Brock is working at Jazz now by the way." Rachel leaves, and the waitress arrives, as Floyd quips "You are not like Ciarra." Tenny laughs "Oh, that girl and me, my little sissy... I miss her. Let's eat." At City Hospital, Connor walks into Dr. Rivera's office, as Samantha sits inside, and Dr. Rivera tells Connor "She thinks she's another person." Connor walks up, and asks "What's your name." Samantha coldly answers "Samantha asshole." Connor goes "She has DID (Dissociative Identify Disorder). Dr. Rivera says "So who calls her Husband." Connor nods and walks to his office, as Dr. Rivera snarls "You damn near blew it." Samantha snaps "I have to get revenge!" Samantha storms out, as Dr. Rivera walks out and bumps into Beth, who coldly warns "I don't know what that was about, but something seems off with you.. and when I do find out.." Beth walks off, as Dr. Rivera glares at her.

    Back at Adam's Landing Courthouse, Bobby has read the verdict, and says "Dismissed". and walks over to Jared and says "Your actions did this." Bobby and Thorpe shakes hands, as Bobby walks into the chamber, and makes a phone call. In the courtroom, Clint walks out, making a phone call as well, as Sully gets a huge hug from her Mother, and Cousin, as Bree tells them "Uncle Xavier did this." Jared yells "The son of a bitch did! Almighty X strikes again! Well I am so glad our marriage is done, and you will live to regret what's coming across the street." Leigh walks up to Jared, and slaps her now former Son-in-Law, and goes "You watch it Jared!" Jared storms out, as he, Clint, and Thorpe quickly leave, and Leigh gets a text, and says "Let me know what happens when the two of you see X!" Sully and Bree nod, with a confused look. At Hell Hill, Xavier and Country drink moonshine, and Xavier tells him "Jared learned, so did Jamie. Don't play with me!" Country goes "Hell yeah Brother." The doorbell rings, as Xavier goes to the door, and answers, as its Brock, and Xavier says "Your Mother is not here." At Ruthie and Ginny's Penthouse, someone knocks on the door, as Bridget walks out, and asks "Need something?" The person says "I am looking for my family." Bridget goes "Sorry nobody's there. Trust me I know." The person cracks a smile and looks down and takes a deep breath. Meanwhile, Monica returns to her Loft, and Doris sits inside, and Monica goes "So I got a call from Willie." Doris asks "Restraining order?" Monica asks "Are you still in love with Clem? And, you know something she does not need to hear." Doris agrees, and asks "Seen Berry?" Monica says "She's awaiting something big." At HaleCorp, Wade walks around his office, as he walks out of the office, as someone lurks with a pistol aimed at him.

     

     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment