Thursday, September 26, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 219. Busts And Smoke Screens

   It's the next morning in Adam's Landing, and at City Hospital, Ruth wakes up, as she sees Beth in the chair asleep, and Xavier and Leigh and tells them "Beth goes over and beyond." Xavier asks Ruth "How do you feel this morning?" Ruth tells Xavier "I can't answer that Xavier. I am ready to go home." Leigh tells Ruth "I hope you mean Hell Hill when you say that. There's two babies that miss their Great-Grandma." Ruth looks at Xavier and Leigh and tells them "I know my time is short, and I have accepted it. But I want my family together before I'm gone." Xavier tells Ruth, holding her hand "Grandma I am going to see to it Ava is released from jail and soon. I'm taking care of that today." Ruth pats Xavier's hand and tells him "Good. Do what you have to do to make that happen." Xavier promises "I will do that. Don't worry about a thing. Just do something you never do and take care of you." Ruth tells Xavier "I will try." Ruth changes subjects, and asks Xavier and Leigh "Who's watching Gracie and Xavier Jr this morning?" At Hell Hill, Country sits in the nursery, as he's reading a hunting magazine and Gracie and Xavier Jr sits on his lap as Country tells them "When the two of you are old enough, we're going hunting, and fishing." Gracie starts to cry, and Country puts Xavier Jr in his crib, as he prepares to change Gracie's diaper and says to her "Uncle Country isn't good at this."
    At The Evans Home, Willie sits in the living room with Little Sidney, as Rashad brings his Grandmother some coffee and asks "Where's Uncle Clem and everyone else?" Willie tells her Grandson "Clem was called earlier to go babysit for Xavier's guest and your Mama's at The Exposer." Rashad asks his Grandmother "How are you feeling today?" Willie holds Rashad's hand and tells him "I've been much better Rashad. It's just hard to imagine life without Ruth. I'm going to see her later. Terrance is headed down to the hospital and someone should be here at any moment." Rashad asks "Who's coming over?" There's a knock at the door, as Willie and Little Sidney walks up to answer, and Willie tells the older woman "It's been many years." Mary L. Caswell, Ruth's Oldest Sister, walks inside and looks at Little Sidney and tells Willie "He's so precious, and is that young man Rashad?" Willie smiles and says "It is. He was just a baby when you and Miles left Adam's Landing." Mary sits down and tells Willie "Miles and I have been all over the world doing missionary work and I went by the old home place.." Rashad asks "Hell Hill you mean Mrs. Caswell?" Mary responds "I prefer The Jackson Estate over the other name." Rashad tells his Grandmother "I think I'm taking Little Sidney with me today and show him FJR. We're going to have some fun." Willie laughs "He already started humming like those stock cars." Mary laughs "I think we have another racer in the making." Willie smiles, as Rashad and Little Sidney leaves, and Mary asks Willie "So is it true about Ruth?" Willie starts to cry, as she tells Mary "She is dying. I haven't accepted it yet." Mary hugs Willie and tells her softly "My baby Sister is a fighter. After all she's faced over the years, God will protect her. We have to trust in him Willie." Willie takes a deep breath and says "I do Mary. All I've done is pray and pray." Mary tells Willie "I've done the same thing since Franklin called me." Willie asks Mary "Where's Miles?" Mary looks at Willie and tells her "He isn't well. He's started to slip." Willie looks at Mary and asks "Is it Alzheimer's?" Mary is silent, as she responds "Yes. I told Hazel to watch after him while I came to town." Willie asks Mary "Are you ready to visit Ruth? She could really use you right now." Mary tells Willie "As long as you hold my hand." Mary and Willie heads out, as they go to City Hospital to visit Ruth.
   Meanwhile at the ALPD, Bobby arrives, as Cass sits in his office and Bobby walks inside with anger in his eyes as he asks Cass "I want you to explain this text I received from Xavier?" Cass looks at Bobby and tells his boss "Desi Lane and Mona Woods told me they were getting divorced." Bobby takes a deep breath, as he sternly tells Cass "You fell for it and I hope you know that you could get killed?" Cass reminds Bobby "Doesn't Xavier know I'm working here for you?" Bobby answers "I ask that same question. Ava needs to be released ASAP! And I want her released today!" Cass tells Bobby "I can't do that Bobby. Russell has made it loud and clear not to release her." Bobby gets into Cass' face and tells him "Russell Marx can kiss my ass! And you quit being weak. You're the District Attorney, and you need to stop following Leigh and believing Desi and Mona. They are trouble Cass, and if Ava isn't released, then I will send your ass back to McCain! Cass tells Bobby "Winston is paying Russell to keep Ava in lock up. Here's the proof." Bobby looks over the checks and he is speechless, as he tells Cass "I know money talks, here's a check. I will personally double Winston's donations." Cass asks Bobby "You're not that wealthy Bobby?" Bobby tells Cass "Xavier is, and so is his family. With what's going on, Ava needs to be released. Ruth is dying and doesn't have much time left." Cass sits back, as he remembers his Mother, and tells Bobby "I was at a convention years ago when my Mother died." Bobby looks at Cass and reminds him "And you have never gotten over it either. Just think of that when you get orders from Marx to keep Ava behind bars." Cass tells Bobby "I'll try my best to release her, but I can't make promises." Bobby tells Cass, as he heads to the Visitation Room "Trying is better than nothing. And that check will quadruple anything Winston can offer." Bobby walks out and Cass says to himself "What in the hell am I doing?" Cass calls Russell and leaves him a message, telling him "Since I'm District Attorney, I'm dropping the charges against Ava Jackson."
   At Chantel's, Tenny arrives as Nathan and Allan sits at the table and Nathan asks his Grandmother "I was scared after last night. Xavier was pissed." Allan tells his Son "Xavier is fiercely protective of Sully. Next time we do something like that, it will be at my home." Tenny is quiet and Allan asks his Mother "Mama are you alright? You aren't yourself." Tenny looks at Allan and Nathan and tells them "When all of you left, Xavier told me something that's really bothering me." Allan and Nathan both asks "What did he tell you?" Tenny says to them "Winston Hale and Burt Corbin are stealing Wallace's out from under me and Xavier. The shit's about to hit the fan at Jackson Inc today." Tenny pulls out her pistol and Nathan tells his Grandmother "I'm heading down there soon to visit Xavier to discuss that Warehouse in Downtown. I plan to make it my office and recording complex. I'm also planning to live there too." Tenny tells Nathan "Don't do that Nathan, if you want, stay with me. I am lonely." Allan tells his Son "I think that might be a good idea. Mama doesn't like to be by herself." Nathan asks Tenny "Isn't that girl Rose staying with you?" Tenny responds in a distant tone "She is isn't she?" Allan rolls his eyes as he asks his Mother "Are you about to play matchmaker?" Tenny laughs "I may." Nathan tells them "Rose stayed with Andre and I last night at my suite. I don't think Rose is into men." Tenny is quiet, as she checks her tablet, and reads The Exposer and takes a deep breath and sighs "Bastards." Nathan and Allan looks at Tenny, and asks "What is it?" Tenny tells them "I have to go. Here's a check. Breakfast is on me." Tenny rushes out and Allan looks at his Son, as Tenny leaves her tablet behind, and sees the cover story, and Nathan asks his Father "Should I even attempt to visit Xavier?" Allan tells his Son "I think we need to smoke first before heading to Jackson Inc. If you noticed, Mama was sober this morning..." Nathan looks at his Father and asks "What does that mean?" Allan takes a deep breath and responds "She's about to snap."
   Meanwhile at The Sunset Club, Fancy sits at the bar, as Mona and Desi arrives and Fancy asks Mona "Why in the hell did you bring Desi with you? This was supposed to be private!" Desi tells Fancy "I know all about what the two of you are up to and I want in as well." Mona assures Fancy "She would be a tremendous asset." Fancy takes a drink, and sighs "You're the one with the family money so I guess you get your say. Have you heard from Wallace?" Mona looks at Fancy and tells her "No I haven't. I think he skipped town." Fancy tells Mona and Desi "He's locked up in that dungeon at Hell Hill. My poor little poor boy. Well he is worthless now so I could care less." Desi is appalled and asks Fancy "You don't care about Wallace being locked up in The Storm Shelter?" Fancy laughs "He's broke thanks to Mona, and now I am devoted to Mona." Mona sighs and says "I really don't care what happens with him. Wally left town after it was revealed Frank was really Wallace's Father and I don't know if he'll ever come back." Fancy tells Mona "Once we finalize everything today, then he can come back and we can get him back into racing again." Mona rolls her eyes and tells Fancy "It's up to Wally. I won't force him to do nothing he wants to do." Meanwhile Desi looks towards the elevator, as Rachel heads out and yells "Rachel!" Fancy and Mona look on, as Desi runs to her Daughter, and Desi tries to hug Rachel, and she turns her Mother away, and snaps "Too late for the Mommy act. Get lost!" Rachel storms out, as Desi has a look of sadness in her eyes.
   At Floyd's Home at Whispering Hills, Ciarra sits in the kitchen, as breakfast is finished, and Sully's there, as Floyd walks inside and Sully hugs her Great-Uncle and asks him "How are you coping?" Floyd tells Sully "The best way I can. It's very hard to accept that Ruth won't be with us much longer." Ciarra tells them "Let's just try to stay positive and hope for the best. I just hope Ava finds out about Ruth." Sully tells her Great-Aunt,and Great-Uncle "I can't believe Winston and Burt are stabbing Daddy and our family in the back like this." Ciarra and Floyd looks at Sully and asks "What are you talking about?" Sully pulls out her tablet, and shows them the cover story in The Exposer, and Floyd yells "Corbin. That son of a bitch just proved his worth." Ciarra starts to cry, as she tells them "Tennessee will not take this well." Sully tells them "Gran's in her own orbit it seems. Daddy went over to The Penthouse last night and broke up Gran's smoke fest. She's really went off the deep end." Ciarra tells Sully "Maybe now this will reel her in some. At least I hope it does." Floyd tells Ciarra and Sully "I just remembered I have something to do." Floyd heads into the bedroom, and grabs his rifle and comes out and Ciarra and Sully asks him "Where are you going?" Floyd tells them "I am going to pay Corbin a visit this morning. That bastard's done pushed the wrong button." Floyd heads out, and Ciarra looks at Sully, as she tells her "I think it's best you steer clear from Jackson Inc. It's about to get bad down there." Sully finishes her breakfast, and tells her Great-Aunt "I'm going to visit Grandma and check on her, and spend some time with Grandma Ruth." Ciarra tells Sully "I think I will come with you." Ciarra and Sully heads to City Hospital, as Floyd heads down the road and says to himself "Corbin, you have really screwed yourself now."
    Meanwhile at City Hospital, Beth has awaken and Ruth looks over and tells her "Xavier and Leigh just stopped by to visit." Beth tells Ruth "That's good. Floyd's going to install an elevator at Hell Hill for you. Xavier spoke to Floyd about it and he's going to make sure you are as comfortable as possible." Willie arrives, and tells Ruth "Someone's here to see you." Ruth asks "Who?" Mary walks inside and Ruth sees her Sister for the first time in many years and Mary tells Ruth "This isn't the Ruth Love I know." Ruth looks at Mary and tells her "I am dying Mary. You will soon be the last one of our family.." Beth hugs Mary and tells her "I am surprised you are here." Mary looks at Beth, and tells her "Once Franklin called me last night, I caught the first flight to Adam's Landing." Ruth asks Mary "Where's Miles?" Mary sits next to her Sister and tells her "He's back home in Unity. He isn't well." Ruth asks Mary "What's wrong with him?" Mary tells Ruth "I'm more worried about you right now. I have heard you want to just give up?" Ruth glares at Willie, and Willie tells Ruth "She came by the house and I filled her in." Ruth looks at Mary and tells her "I know my time is short Mary. I only have a short time left." Mary reminds Ruth "Only the Lord knows when it's your time Ruth. I am so sorry I've not kept in touch as I should have." Ruth looks at her Sister, and tells her "I understand Mary. You have done wonderful things since you retired from teaching, and you are one of the sweetest people I know." Mary looks at Ruth, and tells her "Sometimes, you forget about the important things, like family, when you're out on the mission field. Miles and I have been to every continent, and helped so many people. Now I am here to help you." Beth tells Willie, as Mary and Ruth catches up "I'm going to my office for a few minutes." Willie hugs Beth, as she heads off, as Ruth asks Mary "So why isn't Miles with you?" Mary takes a deep breath and tells her Sister "Miles has the early stages of Alzheimer's. He knows me and the kids, but his short term memory is gone." Willie looks at Mary, and tells her "Alzheimer's was what killed my Sidney. He faded relatively quick. It's horrible." Mary looks at Willie and tells her "I don't know what I'm going to do with Miles yet. My kids think he should be in a nursing home, but I won't let that happen." Ruth looks at Mary and tells her Sister "He needs you more than I do Mary. You go home and be with him. I have my family." Mary looks at Ruth and tells her "Ruth, I am staying right here. And there's nothing you can do, to talk me out of it." Ruth looks at her Sister, and starts to cry, as Mary holds Ruth, as Willie keeps her composure, and tells Mary and Ruth "I am going to visit Terrance and let the two of you have some time to yourselves." Willie heads out, as Mary and Ruth catches up.
   Back at the ALPD, Bobby walks inside the Visitation Room, as Ava asks Bobby, holding The Exposer "What in the hell is this?" Bobby looks at Ava and pulls out his phone and shows her Aretha's story from online, and Ava screams "Winston best wish I don't get out of here, because I am going to make it my mission to see he regrets this!" Bobby looks at Ava and tells her "Ava, I need to tell you something and you need to brace yourself." Ava looks at Bobby and tells him "I don't like that look. Is it about Mama?" Bobby tells Ava "Ruth is in City Hospital, and she has lung cancer. It's terminal and she has a short time left." Ava trembles, as she asks Bobby "I hope this is a nightmare. Please tell me this isn't real?" Bobby takes a deep breath and tells her "I wish I was lying Ava, but yesterday Ruth had an accident and Beth ran some tests and the cancer's spreading." Ava yells "I need to be with my Mama!" Bobby agrees and adds "You would be with her if Winston wasn't paying Russell to keep you behind bars." Ava tells Bobby "Aretha has kept me informed through The Exposer and all I can say is Winston and Burt best enjoy this, because when I am out of here, they will pay!" Meanwhile, in Cass' office, Russell arrives with Rachel and Cass tells Russell "I'm dropping the charges on Ava." Russell yells at Cass, as Rachel has a look of panic "She is staying in this jail and going to prison Cass! Do you understand that? Do you understand that!" Cass yells back "Her Mother is on her deathbed Russell. She needs to be with her Mother." Russell yells "Ruth or anyone in that twisted bunch has ever gave a damn about my Daughter, so sorry Cass, just because Ruth isn't well, gives Ava a free pass." Rachel smiles, as Cass yells at Russell "You just remember one thing Russell, if something happens to Ruth Jackson, you will be on the top of the hit list." Cass storms out and Rachel looks at Russell and tells him with a glowing smile "I am ready to make my statement. By the way, could I visit Ava? She has caused me so much pain?" Russell tells Rachel "Once Bobby is finished, you sure can." Back in the Visitation Room, Ava hands a letter to Bobby and tells him "Please give this to Mama for me." Bobby hugs Ava and tells her "I will do that." Bobby leaves, and Ava tells the jailer "Take me back to my cell." The jailer tells Ava "Somebody else wants to see you." Ava asks "Who?" Russell walks inside and tells Ava "I'm allowing visitors." Rachel walks inside and tells Ava, with a smile on her face "Words cannot express the joy I get seeing you in a orange suit and handcuffed."
   At Jackson Inc, Xavier arrives, as Tenny sits in his office and Jared walks inside and Tenny tells Xavier and Jared "Winston and Burt aren't here. Neither are my stocks and deed." At Whispering Hills, Fancy and Mona arrives, as Winston and Burt sits inside and tells them "We just finished the deal. Wallace's now belongs to you." Inside the estate, Floyd stands in the closet, as he holds his rifle and listens silently, as he slowly turns the doorknob, and walks out and tells Winston, Burt, Fancy, and Mona, as he aims his rifle at Burt "You have truly messed up now Corbin, and you're about to pay for it. All of you are about to pay for it!" At Class, Leigh and Sully sits inside Sully's office, as Sully tells her Mother "I think everything is ready for the fashion show." Leigh smiles as she looks over Sully's designs and asks "Weren't you going to visit Ruth this morning?" Sully tells her "I noticed she had some company and I just came here instead." At Allan and Olivia's home, Allan and Nathan smokes a blunt as Allan tells his Son "Are you ready to go talk to Xavier?" Nathan tells his Father "With what we heard earlier, I am a bit nervous." Allan assures his Son "I don't think you have anything to worry about." At City Hospital, Ruth and Mary continue to catch up, as Frank and Bree arrives and Ruth tells them "Look who's here to see me?" Mary hugs her Nephew and Great Niece and tells both of them "Ruth's so lucky to have the two of you." Frank tells his Aunt "You didn't waste no time coming to town." Mary tells them "I left right after you called last night." In Beth's Office, Beth, Terrance, and Olivia discuss Ruth's situation and Terrance and Olivia asks Beth "Have you accepted things?" Beth tells them "I can't do it." Terrance looks at them and says "It's hard to accept. I kick myself all the time for listening to Daddy, when he told me his wishes, and I helped him out of his misery. I carry it with me all the time." Willie meanwhile stands outside, and walks inside Beth's office, and looks at Terrance and asks her Son "Helped Sidney out of his misery? Did you kill your Daddy Terrance?" Terrance looks down, as Beth and Olivia are silent, as Terrance looks at his Mother and breaks down in tears.
 
 
 

1 comment: