Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 218. The Hardest Thing To Accept

   At Hell Hill, Mona and Desi sits inside the vault, as Leigh stands in front of them, with a pistol and stares at her Sister and Desi with anger in her eyes as Mona asks "What happened to having a drink and letting things go?" Leigh laughs as she responds "So easy to say, but something that just can't happen." Leigh turns to Desi and responds "All that talk of letting things go and then you tell Cass Walker X and I are getting divorced." Desi looks at Leigh and tells her "I know you are cheating on X. He deserves much better than you and so does your children.." Leigh screams at Desi "I am not cheating on my husband you delusional, selfish, bitch and Xavier knows you are lying. He isn't an idiot." Mona asks her Sister "So you aren't sleeping with the DA?" Leigh paces the floor, as she says in a tone of fury "I hate confrontations, I really do. But I have had enough of both of you." Desi asks Leigh "Shouldn't you be with Gracie and Xavier Jr, instead of standing here trying to decide if you're going to kill us? You really are selfish.." Leigh forcefully slaps Desi and sternly warns her "Don't you ever give me parenting advice. And you need to tell Cass to stop following me or else I may have to say something to X and he won't be pleased." Mona looks at her Sister and yells "Since you just wanted to bitch us out, let us go." Leigh laughs "Yeah. I will do that, but the two of you leave here with this on your mind, It isn't Xavier you need to fear, nor Beth, it's me! And if the two of you keep meddling around at Class, and with my marriage, I have no trouble putting both of your asses six feet under. Now get the hell out of this house and don't look back!" Desi and Mona rushes out, as Leigh follows them to the door with her pistol aimed at them and Leigh slams the door, as Mona and Desi drive off, and Leigh sits in the living room and says to herself "If they try again, I will be using the Storm Shelter myself."
   At Tenny's Penthouse, Xavier looks around, as he sees Allan and Nathan, and looks at Rose and Andre and asks both of them "Who in the hell are the two of you?" Tenny tells her Grandson "Allan and Nathan are here to stay. Aren't you going to welcome them home?" Xavier looks at his Grandmother and laughs "I sent my jet to pick them up. Now back to why I came over here. The party's over." Tenny looks at Xavier and tells him "This is a welcome home party. Don't ruin it." Allan looks at his Son, as Xavier smells the marijuana and notices Rose and Andre smoking and Xavier tells them "Get out of here." Rose laughs "You aren't my boss Xavier Jackson." Andre looks at Nathan, and Allan tells Rose and Andre "I think the two of you need to follow his directions." Nathan yells "Andre is my friend." Andre nods, and Tenny tells Xavier "Don't tell me what to do. I swear you are turning into Ciarra." Xavier yells "My Daughter is across the hall trying to rest and all of you are over here getting high as hell, without a care in the world! I own this damn building and I hate to do this Grandma, but I will evict you if this keeps up!" Rose tells Xavier bluntly "I live here also." Xavier asks Rose "And what's your last name?" Rose snarks "None of your business!" Xavier pulls out his Colt 45, and shoots the stereo, and looks around and warns everyone "Sully is pregnant and she is having a hard time right now. The partying stops now! Or else I will stop it myself." Tenny asks Xavier "Don't you dare Xavier.." Xavier reminds his Grandmother "Your prescriptions are filled at Jim's, and I can easily stop that. And I will." Tenny looks at Allan, Nathan, Rose, and Andre and tells them, looking down "I think all of you need to leave. I will see you tomorrow." They head out, and Tenny asks her Grandson "What's really bothering you? Is it about Ruth?" Xavier tells Tenny "She's sick and blacked out today and nearly died. And you need to get in the office and watch Wallace's." Tenny tells Xavier "Wallace's is fine. Burt is helping me with it and Winston has also offered some help as well." Xavier looks at his Grandmother, and asks "Have you checked your stocks?" Tenny answers "Burt is watching over it." Xavier looks up, as he looks at his Grandmother, with a look of dread, and Tenny asks Xavier "Is there something I should know?" Xavier says as he takes a deep breath "If you were at the office, you would know. I have to check on Princess." Xavier heads out, as Tenny looks around and says to herself  "Stocks? What in the hell does that...wait.." Tenny is quiet for a moment, as she has a thought and shakes her head, as she says "Xavier wouldn't lie to me. Something's up."
   Meanwhile at Sassy's House, Rashad looks at Sassy, as he tells her "You were fired the other day from City Hospital and Uncle Terrance didn't tell me why. Did you have sex with Tyrone at the Hospital?" Sassy replies "He told me if I didn't, I would be dead and so would you and Sidney." Rashad yells "You fell for the damn bribe Sassy! I cannot believe you cheated on me." Rashad gets upset, as Sassy yells back, in a scared tone "Rashad I had no choice!" Rashad snaps back "Yes you did! You could have confided in me or Mom and we could have taken care of it. Uncle Clem is only a phone call away!" Sassy looks at Rashad and tells him "Tell me, has your Mom ever told you who your Father is Rashad? Because I know." Rashad grows silent, as he warns Sassy "Mom has her reasons. And I respect them." Sassy tells Rashad "That man at City Hospital that tried to kill you and Sidney is your Father. Tyrone told me." Rashad is stunned, and he slowly asks Sassy "Are you serious?" Sassy nods, and Rashad walks away from Sassy, as he heads to Little Sidney's nursery and Sassy asks "Where are you going?" Rashad doesn't answer, as he picks up his Son, and packs his belongings in his bag and walks out and tells Sassy "We're leaving." Sassy tells Rashad "Shouldn't you be going to confront Aretha about this?" Rashad tells Sassy "I'm going over there and thank her for keeping that secret from me. And don't expect to see your Grandson again. Damn. Latoya and you are really a pair." Rashad and Little Sidney leaves, as Sassy sits down and cries, knowing she's made a mistake and says to herself "Aretha won't let me forget this."
  At City Hospital, Ruth is asleep in her room, as Beth walks inside and tells Frank, Bree, Cale, Allison, Willie, Floyd, and Ciarra "All of you head home for the night. She isn't going anywhere. I'm staying with her." Willie looks at Beth and tells her "I can't leave since Clem went to see Aretha." Frank tells Beth, as does Bree "We aren't leaving Mama." Beth assures everyone "I am staying with her and stay at her bedside. All of you go get as much rest as possible." Terrance walks inside and tells his Mother "I'll take you home Mama." Willie looks at Beth and tells her "If anything changes, please let me know." Beth hugs Willie and tells her "I will keep all of you updated. Tomorrow I should have Ruth's test results and be able to tell all of you what's to come. I can't say right now if she will pull through or not. Go home and pray and keep praying. That's all I can advise." Bree looks at Beth, and Frank tells her "Mama will be fine and let's leave for tonight. She's safe with Beth here." Ciarra hugs her Niece, and tells Beth "If you need to talk Beth, just call me." Beth thanks her Aunt, and Floyd and Ciarra heads out, as does Cale and Allison, and Terrance and Willie. Frank looks at Beth and asks her "Is there anything I need to know about Mama? She has never acted like this." Bree also wonders the same thing, and Beth walks with them outside Ruth's room and tells both of them "I got her results earlier and the cancer is spreading. Olivia said it's terminal." Frank latches onto his Niece, as Bree asks Beth "Why didn't you say anything when everyone else was here?" Beth looks at them, as she starts to cry, and tells them "I want to see a miracle happen with Ruth, like with Willie. She's like a Mother to me, and I don't want to believe this. I just don't want to believe this.." Beth breaks down, and Frank and Bree holds Beth, as all of them cry together and Beth tells them "Just do as I said and pray. Prayer works. I know it does." Bree looks inside her Grandmother's room and cries "She is ready to give up and I'm not ready to let her go." Beth tells Bree "Nobody's ready, but it's not our choice." Frank looks at Beth and tells her "Ava will never forgive us if Mama dies while she's in jail. She needs to know." Beth tells Frank and Bree "Russell Marx and his whore for a Daughter will deeply regret what they've done if that woman doesn't make it. I can promise you that." Frank, Bree, and Beth gathers in a hug as Frank and Bree tells Beth "We feel the same way and I'm sure there will be others ready to go after Russell, Summer, and Winston, if Mama doesn't make it." Beth hugs them, as they leave and Beth walks back inside Ruth's room and sits by her bedside, and grabs Ruth's hand and looks at her, as Beth starts to cry and she says somberly "It's not your time yet. Nobody will let you go and Ava needs you right now." 
   Meanwhile at Russell's Loft, Russell has went to bed, as Summer sits in the living room and Rachel sits with her and tells Summer "I was with you're Mom when Ava killed her." Summer asks Rachel "Why didn't Ava kill you? She hates you with a passion." Rachel reminds Summer "It looks like she feels the same way towards you as well." Summer, holding her stomach, tells Rachel "My family hates me. None of them has ever loved me because I'm Russell's Daughter and the product of Daddy's affair with my Mom, which lead to Ava's rape." Rachel tells Summer "I know all about that. Your Mom, myself, and Lily Sullivan Corbin had a book we were writing which we were about to expose our families and I know Ava and Xavier played a part in killing your Mom. I know what you are going through. After I was molested by my Dad, my Mom hated me for it. Nobody would believe me nor support me." Summer tells Rachel "I met Desi before and I didn't like her." Rachel tells Summer "I think we have quite a bit in common." Summer agrees, and Rachel gets a text and tells Summer "I'm headed to my suite at The Sunset Club. I think we should confront Ava while she's locked up." Summer smiles, as Rachel leaves and Summer makes a phone call to Paul, and it goes to voicemail. At The Sunset Club, Fancy lays in the bed, as Paul lays next to her and Fancy tells him "You're Baby Mama told me to leave you alone earlier." Paul kisses Fancy, and tells her "I am more interested in this." Paul gets on top of Fancy as they have sex, and Paul's phone lays in the floor, in his pant pocket.
   At Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Xavier sits in the living room with Sully and Jared, as Sully asks her Father "Did you shoot her? I heard a gunshot. At least three or four?" Xavier asks "Three or four?" Sully nods, as does Jared, and Jared tells Sully "Clair Feldman was heading out in a rush when I knocked on the door. I have heard Tenny raise hell about her at the office." Xavier tells Sully and Jared "She's a stuck up bitch if you ask me, and Winston and Burt is helping Grandma run Wallace's." Jared has a look of dread, as Sully asks her Father and her Husband "What's going on? Why the look of anger?" Xavier pulls out his phone and plays Aretha's message to them and Jared and Sully both look at Xavier as Sully tells them "If Aretha is calling, then she knows something." Xavier responds "After talking to Grandma, I am just shocked and I have no idea as to how I'm going to handle this. Burt has worked for me for many years, and Winston has been very shady recently." Jared tells his Father In Law "I have a bad feeling Grandfather's back to his old ways again." Sully checks her tablet and tells Jared and Xavier "Read this." Xavier and Jared reads Aretha's blind item in The Exposer that says "Winston Hale's idea of charity donations involve paying Russell Marx to keep his Wife behind bars so she won't know what he and his Son is doing." Xavier looks at Jared, and Sully looks at them and notices anger growing in her Father's eyes as he asks Sully "Will you be alright?" Sully asks her Father "I heard Grandma Ruth is in City Hospital?" Xavier looks at Sully and tells his Daughter "Princess, you take care of yourself and Grandma will be fine. She's a fighter." Xavier hugs his Daughter and Jared, and heads back to Hell Hill, and Jared fumes and Sully tells him "I'm not surprised with your Grandfather, but Burt has shocked me. He has worked for Daddy since I was an infant. He was like my Uncle." Jared looks at his Wife and says "Let's call it a night Sully." Sully and Jared heads to the bedroom, as Sully tells Jared, as she feels a kick in her stomach "Looks like somebody else is upset too." Jared laughs "Our child will have both of our families mean streak." Sully laughs, as they get into bed.
   Meanwhile at Mona's Mansion, Mona pours herself and Desi a glass of wine, and Desi tells Mona "We are screwed. I hope you know that." Mona assures Desi "Xavier wouldn't kill his Wife's Sister." Desi laughs "You are crazy! She hates you and Sully does as well, that's enough for X to come after both of us." Mona tells Desi, changing subjects "Everything is going according to plan. I will soon have full control of Wallace's and Fancy's helping me." Desi looks at Mona and asks "Fancy? Doesn't she hate you?" Mona laughs "Money talks. She's doing my bidding." There's a knock at the door, as Mona answers and Burt walks inside and Mona kisses him and asks "So how did everything go?" Burt tells Mona "Everything's going smoothly. I think by tomorrow, you will have control of Wallace's. I just hope you have a plan for me, in case Xavier finds out about this." Desi laughs "You need to plan your funeral. He will kill you for this, but it's very clever and I like the idea. It gives me ideas also." Mona asks "What kind of ideas?" Desi tells them "Class. I know Sully's having a difficult pregnancy and if we found the right person, I could get my company back." Burt warns Desi "I wouldn't do that." Desi laughs "Don't be a hypocrite Burt." Burt looks at Mona and Desi tells them "I'm heading home for the evening. Meet me in the morning Mona." Mona nods, as Desi leaves, and Mona tells Burt "It's time for you to be rewarded." Mona grabs Burt's hand, as they go up to her bedroom.
   At The Evans Home, Rashad and Little Sidney arrives, as Aretha, Terrance, and Sayyid sits in the living room consoling Willie, as she cries "I am so scared for Ruth." Aretha sees Rashad and Little Sidney and asks  "Why are you here?" Willie walks over to take Little Sidney and she holds him tightly, as Rashad tells his Mother "I know Mom. I know Tyrone Gray is my Father." Aretha has a look of dread, as does everyone else in the room, as Aretha asks hesitantly "Are you angry?" Rashad hugs his Mother and tells her "I completely understand why you never told me about him." Sayyid asks Terrance "Is Tyrone still in City Hospital?" Terrance tells his Uncle "He was released a few days ago." Sayyid pulls out his briefcase and looks at Rashad and tells his Great-Nephew "Tyrone is a dead man. That bastard killed my family and I will kill him as well." Rashad tells his Great-Uncle "I'll help you." Terrance tells everyone "We all need to worry about Mama right now instead of plotting to kill Tyrone Gray! A member of our family may not have long left.." Willie asks "What are you talking about Terrance?" Terrance looks at his Mother, as Willie holds Little Sidney, and tells her "We got the results and Ruth's cancer is terminal. She may not make it." Willie shakes her head in denial, as she tells her Son "No Terrance. Ruth will make a miraculous recovery. She will! Just like I did!" Terrance holds his Mother's hand and says softly and sadly "Ruth stayed quiet too long Mama. Beth is in denial too. None of us wants to accept this." Willie hands her Great-Grandson to Rashad, as he takes his Son to the nursery, as Willie tells Terrance, Sayyid, and Aretha "Ruth Love Jackson is a tough woman. She is a survivor and she will pull through. I know it! I just know it!" Sayyid and Aretha gathers around Willie, as Terrance tells his Mother "Mama, she's dying. And she knows that as well." Willie breaks down as she screams in pain "No! No! No!" Willie looks up as tears falls from her eyes, as her body shakes, and Aretha, Terrance, and Sayyid holds her as Willie cries and prays "Please don't take Ruth. Please God I beg you!" 
   At Hell Hill, Country walks inside, as Leigh takes a drink of moonshine and Leigh tells Country "When will there be a vacancy?" Country tells Leigh "When X tells me to kill him or send him off." Leigh asks Country "How many people can The Storm Shelter hold?" Country responds "At least three." Leigh tells Country "I think you may want to get ready for some more people and Wallace can have a family reunion." Country sighs "Oh shit." Xavier returns and asks Country "Go upstairs and lay down. Bree's staying with Frank tonight." Country, and Leigh looks at Xavier and asks "How's Ruth?" Xavier looks at his Wife, and best friend and tells them "Mother sent me a text and...and..." Xavier's hands start to tremble and Leigh asks her Husband "What did Beth say?" Xavier starts to cry, as he tells them "Grandma is dying. She's not going to be with us much longer." Leigh holds Xavier, as does Country, as he cries, telling them "I feel like a million knives are in my back. And I am just...overwhelmed. Overwhelmed." At Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny sits in the living room with Precious, as she smokes a blunt and thinks about what Xavier had told her earlier and tells Precious "Mommy's got to take care of business soon." Tenny pulls out her pistol, as she loads it, and tells Precious "I won't miss this time."
   At Olivia's House, Allan and Nathan arrives, as Olivia sits in the living room, smoking a joint and Allan asks her "How did things go at the Hospital?" Olivia looks at Allan, and Nathan asks his Father "I think I'll leave the two of you to yourselves." Allan hugs his Son, as Nathan walks out, and Allan sits next to Olivia and says "I know that look Olivia. You have that look when something bad's about to happen." Olivia takes a deep toke, and passes the joint to Allan, and tells him "Beth will need you Allan. Ruth is dying and she's in denial." Allan shakes his head, as Olivia continues "I don't expect Ruth to make it no more than three months." Allan takes a toke and puts the joint out, as Olivia holds him close and Allan holds Olivia as both of them are saddened.
   Meanwhile Floyd and Ciarra returns to Floyd's home at Whispering Hills, as Clair yells at her Father "It's late! Neither of you should be out at night!" Floyd looks at his Daughter and tells her "I have too much to deal with right now and I am very angry with you!" Clair glares at Ciarra as Floyd tells his Daughter "I know about the way you've treated Ciarra while I was gone and I am very disappointed Clair." Ciarra heads to the bedroom as Clair tells her Father "Daddy, I know how her family is. They are all either drug addicts, or psychos.." Floyd looks at Clair and snaps "Clint was a psycho and you were married to him! And for the record, I am marrying Ciarra real soon and I don't really give a damn if you like it or not!" Clair looks at her Father and yells "You truly are one of the most selfish people I know!" Ciarra walks out of the bedroom and forcefully slaps Clair and snaps "I think you're the selfish one and I'm not going to tolerate you talking down to neither me or your Father Clair! Ruth is in City Hospital and she is ill and you need to get your priorities straight! Now if you want to keep causing drama, then you go get a room!" Clair sticks her nose up and walks out and turns around, and tells her Father "You always chose your whores over your children." Clair leaves, and Floyd looks at Ciarra and tells her "I don't understand her." Ciarra tells Floyd "Just let it go and get some sleep." Floyd and Ciarra heads to the bedroom as they call it a night.
   At The Farm, Frank and Bree sits in the living room, as Cale and Allison arrives and Cale notices tears in his Father's eyes, as Bree stands by his side and Cale asks them "What happened?" Frank gets up, as he looks at his Son, and grabs him and holds him tightly, as Bree has a distant look and Allison asks Bree "What happened when we left?" Bree tells her Cousin and his Wife, as Cale holds his Father "Grandma doesn't have long left. She's dying." Cale shakes his head in disbelief, as does Allison, as Cale asks Frank "Is she serious?" Frank starts to cry and Allison and Bree walks over as Frank, Cale, Allison, and Bree holds each other for comfort, as Frank cries "I don't know how to accept this." At City Hospital, Beth sits by Ruth's bedside, as Ruth wakes up and is groggy and looks at Beth and asks "Where is everyone?" Beth tells her "I sent them home." Ruth tells Beth "Thank you." Beth tells Ruth "You rest and tomorrow we're doing some more tests." Ruth tells Beth "I know I won't be here much longer, I want you to do something for me?" Beth looks at Ruth and asks "If it's to let you die, the answer is no." Ruth tells Beth "That you have no control over Beth, but I want you to take care of my family when I die." Beth tells Ruth "You're going to beat this Ruth. I know you will." Ruth looks at Beth, as tears fall from her eyes, as she tells Beth "You are the only person my family can turn to. You will be the next matriarch of my family. You're the only one that can hold them together Beth. Only you." Beth tries to assure Ruth "You will live. Remember Willie's miracle recovery?" Ruth looks at Beth and cries "Don't do like I did and live in denial. Accept this and help me enjoy the time I have left." Ruth closes her eyes, as she goes to sleep and Beth holds Ruth's hand, as she shakes her head and looks up and says a silent prayer, as does Xavier, Leigh, and Country at Hell Hill. Sully and Jared at Their Penthouse, Floyd and Ciarra at Floyd's home at Whispering Hills. Frank, Bree, Cale, and Allison at The Farm, and Willie, Aretha, Terrance, Sayyid, and Rashad at The Evans Home, as all of them prays for Ruth's survival.

1 comment: