Monday, March 31, 2014

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 299. The Hardest Choices

   At City Hospital, Xavier walks out of his Mother's room in the ICU, as Leigh reaches out to her Husband, and Xavier walks away, ignoring Leigh, Sully, Millie, Ciarra, Allan, and Tenny's offers of comfort, as Terrance tells Xavier cautiously "You know she wouldn't want this. It's time to take her off that thing. Xavier, you have to do it for her." Xavier looks at Terrance, and his family, as Olivia holds onto Allan, and Xavier tells his family "No. I can't let her go." Olivia reminds Xavier "We all know how tough she is, she will make it through this. She doesn't give up." Xavier walks away, as Tenny asks Terrance "Are there any other names on Beth's will?" Terrance sighs, and turns to Sully, as Sully backs up, with a scared look in her eyes, as she cries "No. No I can't." Terrance tells everyone "Beth wrote this in 2012, and the only ones that she put in the will with the power to make a decision were Xavier, Sully, and Frank." Tenny yells "Frank? That sorry piece of shit has a say over what happens to my Sweet Beth? No he doesn't!" Terrance reminds Tenny, as does Ciarra "You were in Monaco when Beth wrote this, and she wasn't sure if you'd ever return." Tenny grabs Terrance's arm, and sternly tells him "Just so we both know, I'm her Mother, and I'll make the damn call! I WILL!" Sully looks at her Great Grandmother, and tells her "Gran, I will make the decision, and Terrance, pull my Grandma off the life support. She'll make it. She won't go out like this." Terrance looks around the room, as everyone backs Sully's decision, as Sully quickly runs out, with tears in her eyes, as Millie follows Sully, as she runs to the elevator, and Sully turns and sees her Sister, and tells her "I need to see Jared, and tell my Ruthie that her Great Grandma might not make it, and if that happens, I am a failure." Millie tries to talk to Sully, but before Millie says a word, Sully gets on the elevator, as she leaves City Hospital, as she heads to Jackson Inc, where Jared and Ruthie are, along with Gracie and Xavier Jr.
   Inside Casey's office at City Hospital, Cale arrives, as Casey tells him "Xavier's going to find out soon where Frank is." Cale sighs "I know his attorney's down there, and if he sees Dad, he's going to call Xavier, and then I'll be burying my Father." Casey looks at Cale, and asks him "Xavier wouldn't kill a member of his family would he?" Cale laughs sarcastically "He'll kill anyone who doesn't follow his chain of command. He's not picky." Casey rubs her stomach, as she looks at Cale, and tells him with worry in her voice "I am scared for Frank. He is really kicking himself over what happened, and I'm scared for him." Cale looks at Casey, and tells her "I am too. Dad's hit his lowest point." Meanwhile in Unity, Frank sits inside a bar, known as Gene's, as he takes a shot of whiskey, and Bree walks inside, as she tells her Uncle "I think you need to stop with this." Frank slurs to his Niece "I won't quit a damn thing. If Beth dies, then I need to die as well. I never meant to hurt her like that Bree. I was only trying to save FJR and that damn Santo.." Bree looks at her Uncle, and shows her a picture on her phone, as Bree tells her Uncle "He's dead. Dad found him earlier." Frank grows scared, as he looks at Bree, and sighs "If I go back, I'll be dead also." Bobby walks inside, and sees Frank, as Bree watches on, as Bobby walks up to Frank, and turns the bar stool around, and snarls "You sorry son of a bitch!" Frank tries to reason to Bobby, but Bobby doesn't hear Frank's pleas, as Bobby grabs Frank, and begins to punch him in the face, as Bree tries to pull her Uncle away, and Bobby yells at Bree "You go back and check on your Sister. Now!" Bree walks out with hesitation, as Bobby snarls at Frank "I don't want to hear shit out of you."
   Meanwhile at HaleCorp, Winston and Victoria sits inside his office, as Ava walks inside with J.J., and Winston asks Ava "What did Dr.Elliott tell you?" Ava sighs "She thinks he's autistic, or he's traumatized." Victoria looks at her Grandson, and sighs with sadness "My Mother is known to traumatize anyone. Poor Samantha didn't deserve to die. She never did a thing to warrant what happened to her. And I want my Mother dead for it!" Country and Colt arrives, as Country tells Winston "Santo's dead, but I'm not sure about Angelica." Victoria's eyes grow red, and she walks out of her Father's office, as Colt tells Winston "Nobody was at the house." Winston asks "Well Angelica could have pulled the trigger on Santo. We all know she would kill her own family." At Class, Emma looks at her Mother, as she tells Alexandra "I don't know yet if Lauren's free." Alexandra shakes her head, and tells her Daughter "Nicole, I really don't give a damn about you if you want to know the truth, but Millie and Lauren, are another story. Those girls mean the world to me, and I'll never forgive you for hiding the truth from me." Emma yells "Like what you did with Phillip? You never even told him you were his Mother. Yeah Mother, I knew. I overheard you and Dad talking years ago.." Alexandra's eyes grow red, and she walks up to Emma, and bluntly tells her Daughter "You're free, so just get lost, and leave me alone!" Emma yells "Gladly! I wish you were the dead parent." Alexandra watches on, as Emma leaves, and has a flashback, and says to herself  "He had it coming."
   At Nationwide Records, Nathan finishes the final edits for Eve's album, as Sayyid arrives, and Nathan puts his blunt out, as Sayyid sits next to Nathan, and Nathan asks "Well?" Sayyid tells Nathan "Eve has Brain Cancer, and she may not live long Nathan." Nathan gets emotional, as he starts to cry, and Sayyid sighs "Please stop with that. She wouldn't want you crying over her. She is handling this like we would expect her to handle this." Nathan tells Sayyid "I plan on making this album Eve's greatest work, and she'll finally get her props in the music industry she's long wanted." As one of the songs play over the speakers, Sayyid quips "She sounds at home." Nathan responds "She wrote every song. I put the music to it, and J.B. sent some songs as well, and Eve was a workhorse." Sayyid sighs "That's Eve. That mentality will help her, and you." Nathan looks at Sayyid, and asks "How does "Survivor" sound for a album title?" Sayyid shakes his head, as he listens to the final set list, and says "The Diva." Nathan nods, and tells Sayyid "Perfect." Sayyid gets up, and hands Nathan a piece of paper, and tells him "Here's Eve's number, and she'd love to hear from you." Nathan tells Sayyid "Thank you for letting me know what's going on." Sayyid responds "You are like a Son to Eve, and you needed to know." Sayyid leaves, as Nathan finishes the editing, as Eve's new album is ready for release.
   Meanwhile at Terrance's Home, Willie and Aretha returns, as Rashad and Little Sidney sits in the living room, as Rashad asks his Mother and Grandmother "So what's wrong with Eve?" Aretha tells her Son "Baby boy, she has Brain Cancer, but I think she will make it." Willie adds "If I can survive a stoke that should have killed me, Eve can survive this." Rashad picks up a letter, as he tells his family "I think you all need to get ready." Aretha grabs the letter, and reads it, as fury starts to grow in her eyes, as she goes "Latoya wants full custody of Little Sidney? Hell no!" Willie asks "Is she serious?" Rashad responds with anger in his tone "I checked the mail earlier, and Latoya's lawyer had this drawn up. She's threatening to destroy my racing career.." Aretha yells angrily "That whore won't hurt you, or my Grandson again, and neither will her Mama!" Aretha heads out, and Rashad asks his Mother "Where are you going?" Aretha walks out, and Willie looks at Rashad, and tells her Grandson "I think Latoya just pissed off the wrong family." Outside, Aretha turns on her car, as she calls City Hospital, and asks a nurse "Is Sassy there? I'm her Sister." The nurse responds "She is. Like to speak to her." Aretha responds "I'll see her shortly." Aretha hangs up, as she speeds out, as she heads down to City Hospital.
   At The Sunset Club, Phillip arrives at the bar, as someone goes "Phillip?" Phillip sees Jessica Elliott, and goes "What are you doing in Adam's Landing?" Jessica laughs "I wanted to move to another town. I got tired of the wild wild west." Phillip laughs, and Jessica asks Phillip "So does your psycho Sister live here too?" Phillip takes a shot of liquor, and asks "You mean Mother?" Jessica goes "What? Alexandra's your.." Phillip quips "Yes she is." Jessica rolls her eyes, and asks Phillip "So who's your Father? Elliott?" Phillip tells Jessica "Winston Hale. The man Alexandra always loved." Jessica has a flashback, and laughs "She sure had me convinced she loved Elliott. Hell she shot him when she caught us." Phillip rolls his eyes, and sighs "She still has a temper, and are you sure you think you want to stay in Adam's Landing?" Jessica quips "She won't scare me out of town. She already tried that in Unity, but she doesn't have that clout here." Phillip looks at Jessica, and warns her "I think you should keep one eye forward, and one back." Jessica gets up, and tells Phillip "I don't scare easy, and let's have dinner. I heard about you and Janet." Phillip sighs "Sore subject." Jessica tells her old friend "That's why we need to have dinner later." Jessica heads out, as Phillip orders another drink, and tells the bartender "Put her tab on mine."
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc, Jared sits inside his office, as he holds Ruthie, as Sully walks inside, and Jared asks his Wife, noticing a scared look in her eyes "How's Beth?" Sully takes a deep breath, and slowly tells her Husband "I told Terrance to pull her from life support. I know it wouldn't be what she would want, and Daddy is in denial over this." Jared asks Sully "Are you scared?" Sully starts to cry, and tells Jared "If Grandma dies, Daddy will never forgive me." Jared and Ruthie walks over, as they embrace in a family hug, as Jared reminds his Wife gently "I know Xavier's ruthless, and he's under a lot of stress, but he'd never disown you Sully. You are his world." Sully looks at Jared, and sighs "But if Grandma.." Jared stops Sully, and tells her "Your Grandma will make it Sully! And Xavier will understand once his mind's clear." Sully tells Jared "Daddy's never caught a break, and if something did happen, he won't be able to get over this Jared. Daddy holds too much in." Jared calls the nursery, as he tells Sully "We need to be at the Hospital, and Ruthie will be fine with Gracie and Xavier Jr." Sully and Jared heads to the Nursery, as they drop Ruthie off, and head back to City Hospital.
   At Hell Hill, Xavier walks inside, as Lauren sits in the living room, and Xavier asks his Niece "How did you get here? You were kidnapped?" Lauren asks her Uncle, noticing dark circles under his eyes "What's wrong with you?" Xavier quickly tells Lauren "I'm glad you're safe. I'm heading to my study." Lauren tells Xavier "I need to talk to you about.." Xavier turns around, and tells Lauren "I don't quite feel like discussing anything. I only want my Mother to live." Xavier walks inside his study, and locks the door, as he pours himself a glass of Crown, and cries uncontrollably. Meanwhile Lauren walks outside, where the guard and the other person stands on the edge of the Mansion, as Lauren points across the street, and the other person tells Lauren "We just seen someone arrive." The guard tells them "Let's go." The guard and the other person heads off, as Lauren watches on, as she looks towards the front door, and walks back inside, where she hears Xavier scream from inside his Study, as Lauren grows concerned for her Uncle.
   Meanwhile at City Hospital, Cale has left, as Casey walks down the hall, where she bumps into Aretha, who asks Casey "Where's Sassy?" Casey tells Aretha "I can't tell you that." Aretha hears a voice in the lounge, as she smiles at Casey, and walks inside, where Sassy and Latoya sits, and Aretha asks them "So Latoya, you want Little Sidney?" Latoya yells "Damn straight I do! Did Rashad wake up?" Aretha grabs Latoya, and begins to attack her, as Sassy tries to break them up, yelling to Aretha "I'll press charges!" Aretha yells "Press them whore. Don't forget who's COS of this place!" Casey walks inside, and yells "Stop or I'll call security.." Aretha lets Latoya go, and warns her "You've worn out your welcome here, and same for your Mother. The two of you need to leave town." Latoya attacks Aretha, this time Aretha begins to beat Latoya, as Sassy joins in to protect her Daughter, as Aretha goes against Sassy and Latoya, and Terrance runs inside, and pulls his Sister off of Latoya, and yells at Sassy "Go check on the patients!" Terrance yells at Latoya "Since you're well, get out of this damn Hospital." Latoya walks out, as she laughs "I'm getting my kid." Aretha tries to go after Latoya, as Terrance restrains his Sister, and Casey asks Terrance "So you're going to allow this kind of thing to happen?" Terrance asks Casey "Don't you have some patients to see?" Casey leaves, as Terrance asks his Sister "What did I tell you about Sassy?" Aretha snaps "Well Terrance, Latoya's filed for full custody of your Great Nephew, and think about our Mama." Terrance's eyes grow red, as he asks Aretha "For real?" Aretha pulls out the letter, as Terrance reads it, and tells Aretha "I will use some of my power here and talk to Sassy. You just do what you do best?" Aretha quips "Beat Latoya's bitch ass?" Terrance responds "Write that story you've longed to write. I'll deal with Sassy, though she is likely to join our side." Aretha quips "She better if she has any brains." Terrance assures Aretha "She loves her job, and we know Latoya doesn't give a shit about anybody." Aretha responds "That's true. But she will once I write this story."
    At Whispering Hills, Ava and J.J. return, as they walk inside, and Ava tells her Grandson "I will protect you with everything I have in me. I assure you of that." At HaleCorp, Winston prepares to leave his office, as Alexandra walks inside, and tells Winston "Lauren just called and she's at Hell Hill." Winston sighs "Good." Alexandra tells Winston "That isn't all of it though." Winston looks at Alexandra, and asks "What else do you know?" Alexandra advises Winston "You may want to call Ava." At Santo's Manor, Victoria sits outside, as she sees Emma pull up, and Emma looks at Victoria, and tells her "Your Uncle's dead. I killed him." Victoria asks "And my Mother?" Emma responds "I have no idea where she is." At the Abandoned Warehouse, Angelica sits, as she fumes, and says to herself "Well I see the good doctor's out of commission. They will all be distracted. I won't fail this time." Back at Whispering Hills, Ava sits in the living room, as she reads a form on Autism, and she hears a knock at the door, and Ava walks to the door, and opens, and Ava sees the guard, and the other person at the door, and Ava holds her chest, and mutters "I don't believe this. Are you? Are you.." Jack looks at his Mother, and cries, along with Samantha "I'm alive Mom." J.J. runs to his Mother, as Ava asks her Son "How can this be?" Jack tells his Mother "I will explain later." Ava looks at Jack, and touches his face, and Jack sighs "Mom, I'm real, and not a fraud." Ava holds her Son tightly, as Ava cries of joy, as Samantha holds J.J., and Ava holds Jack, with a look of content in her eyes.
   Back at the ICU at City Hospital, Sully and Jared arrive, as Tenny sits inside Beth's room, as Tenny cries "I will never forgive myself for this. Prove me right sweet girl." Outside, Leigh, Allan, Ciarra, Olivia, Floyd, and Millie stands by, as Sully asks "How's Grandma?" Olivia tells Sully "She's breathing currently. We unplugged her a few moments ago." Leigh tries to call Xavier, and doesn't get an answer, and snarls "Damnit X, answer your phone!" Country arrives, as Leigh tells him "Go find my Husband! His Mother may not be here very long." Country heads out, as Beth's family holds onto each other. At Hell Hill, Xavier sits inside his study, as he takes another drink of Crown, and Bobby's on the other line, as he tells Xavier "You just go be with Boss. I've had Frank arrested." Xavier responds "Have him sent home." Bobby, sitting inside the Unity Police Department, as he looks at Frank, who sits inside a cell "I will take care of Frank myself." Xavier hangs up, as he hears a voice, as it's B.R., and B.R.'s spirit looks at Xavier, and tells him "If you don't sober up and get to that Hospital, your Mama's coming with me." Xavier starts to cry, and B.R. tells his Son "You pull yourself together, and get to the damn Hospital!" At City Hospital, Tenny stays by her Daughter's bedside, as Allan and Ciarra walks inside, and gently tells Tenny "Come on." Tenny looks at Beth, with tears rolling down her eyes, as she cries "Please don't take her J.D.!" J.D.'s spirit enters the room, as Beth's spirit sees her Father, and Beth goes "Daddy." Meanwhile inside Beth's room, Beth's vitals start to drop, as Olivia rushes inside, and she pages Terrance, Casey, and Sassy, as she tells everyone "This isn't good."
 

 
    

1 comment:

  1. GOOD BUT SAD EPISODE ! SURE HOPE BETH MAKES IT !

    ReplyDelete