Thursday, April 3, 2014

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 300. The Life Of Dr.Beth Sullivan Jackson

   In City Hospital, in the ICU, as Olivia, Terrance, and Sassy tends to Beth, as her vitals drop, Beth and J.D. walks out of Beth's room, as Beth looks at her family, and J.D. tells his Daughter "I want to spend some time with you, before you make a choice." Beth and her Father arrives at the gates of Heaven, where B.R. and Ruth awaits, as Ruth and Beth embrace in a hug, and B.R. kisses Beth gently, as Ruth watches closely, and J.D. laughs "You knew they'd embrace like this." Ruth sighs "Yeah." Jacob arrives, as he greets his Niece, and Beth asks everyone "So am I dead?" B.R. tells his Widow "Not yet. If those doors open, then you're dead." Beth looks around, and tells everyone "I'm not ready yet." J.D. tells his Daughter "Not your choice." B.R. adds "Sometimes we don't have that choice. I didn't, and it looks like the same for you." Ruth shakes her head, as she tells Beth "I really hoped Frank would have grown up by now." Beth quips "Well, we know Frank." Ruth and B.R. chuckle, along with Beth, as J.D. sternly tells everyone "I have a confession to make, I don't like him, and after what he's done I won't ever view him the same way again." A mirror appears, as Beth asks her Father "What's that?" B.R., Ruth, and Jacob gathers around Beth, as J.D. puts his arms around his Daughter, as he tells Beth "Time to look back at your life Beth." The mirror lights up, as the first flashback is shown....

   In Blue Ridge, at J.D. and Tenny's Mansion at The Sullivan Estate, a young Beth plays with her Brother, as she tells Allan "Time to play Doctor." Allan rolls his eyes, as he tries to listen to the radio, as Beth turns it off, and tells her Brother "I can't have any distractions." Tenny, who walks inside with Ciarra, looks at her children, and laughs "Ok you two, dinner time." Beth whispers to Allan "I'll cut you a break this time." Allan runs into the kitchen, as Ciarra and Tenny begins to cook dinner, as Ciarra tells her Niece "I take it you won't be following me into retail." Beth smiles, and tells her family "I want to be a Doctor. That's all I dream of." Allan quips "I wish you had someone else to practice on instead of me." Tenny sighs, as she sees a cut on Allan's arm, and gently reminds Beth "Allan's not a test dummy sweet girl." Allan tells his Mother "I fell in the yard, and Big Sis got into the medicine cabinet." Tenny quips "Well your Sister has some talent." Ciarra cooks a big dinner, as Tenny tries to help her Sister, and Ciarra sighs "Tennessee, how many times to I have to tell you that you can't cook?" Tenny responds "I know how to cook Oldest Sister." Ciarra rolls her eyes, and points to the door, as Tenny asks "Running me out of my own kitchen?" Ciarra nods, and Tenny lights a cigarette, and walks out, as she mumbles "Bitch." Ciarra finishes dinner, as J.D. and Jacob walks inside, after returning from Jim's, and Tenny tells her Husband "I wish Ciarra would stay in her own damn kitchen." J.D. hugs his Wife, and laughs "I trust her more in that kitchen than you. Don't forget the last time you tried to cook dinner." Meanwhile inside the kitchen, Beth stands by her Aunt, as Ciarra looks at Beth, as she helps Ciarra, and Allan turns on the radio, and sighs "The Big Bands? This is torture." Ciarra tells her Nephew "I can't stand Rock and Roll while I'm cooking. It distracts me, and I'll cook like Tennessee." Beth snaps "Yeah Allan!"
   A few years later, Beth graduates High School and Medical School, and begins her internship at Blue Ridge Memorial Hospital, as she begins her career as a Doctor, and in the Emergency Room, an older woman, whom Beth cares for passes away. Beth cries in the lobby, as Tenny arrives, and asks her Daughter "What's wrong?" Beth looks at her Mother, as she responds in a defeated tone "Ms.Brown passed away." Tenny, who's started Sullivan's, one of the first Discount Stores, holds Beth, and gently tells her Daughter "In your profession, these kind of things will happen." Beth asks "Why couldn't I save her?" Tenny answers "You're only a Doctor." Beth sighs "A sad excuse for one." Tenny holds Beth, and tells her "Far from it my sweet Beth. You made that woman very happy. I know you went above and beyond." The Chief Of Staff arrives, as he looks at Beth, and tells her "Dr.Sullivan, here's a letter from Ms.Brown's family." Beth reads the letter, as does Tenny, as the Chief Of Staff tells Beth "They were very pleased with your care. She loved you, and wanted you to have this." He hands Beth a bracelet, and Beth declines, and says "I don't deserve anything." Tenny whispers "Take it." Beth reluctantly accepts, and the Chief Of Staff tells Beth "I talked to City Hospital and they want to hire you." Beth goes "Really?" Tenny asks "Where's City Hospital?" The Chief Of Staff answers "Adam's Landing. It's a nice place, and the only town in the Southeast that isn't having the race riots. B.R. Jackson took care of that." Beth looks at her Mother, as the COS tells Beth "They want an answer tonight. You will go far there I think." Beth responds "I'll take it." Later in the day, Beth returns home, as J.D., Tenny, Allan sits in the dining room, as Ciarra and Jacob arrives with their newborn Daughter Lily, as J.D. asks Beth "So you're moving down to Adam's Landing?" Beth nods, as J.D. voices some disdain, as he tells his Daughter "I've heard about that town, and I'm not comfortable with letting you go down there." Beth tells her Father "I am 21 Daddy." J.D. answers "And you are my Daughter, and I know how things are run in that town. It's known for Moonshine, and I want you to stay here." Allan tells his Sister "Go for it. I'm moving out as soon as school's out." J.D. turns to his Son, and asks "And where are you going?" Allan yells "Hollywood! The boys and I got an audition coming up for American Records." J.D. rolls his eyes, as he tells his Son "I'm not impressed, and I forbid it." Allan yells at his Father "I will do as I please Daddy!" J.D. looks at Allan, and sternly tells him "If you do it, then don't come back when you fail." Tenny looks at her Husband, and scolds him, telling J.D. "He will always have a home to return to!" J.D. looks at his Wife, as Ciarra looks at her Husband, and tells Jacob "I think we need to head back next door."
Ciarra, Jacob, and Lily leaves, and Tenny tells Beth and Allan "James and I need to talk." Beth and Allan walks out, as Beth whispers to her Brother "Mama called Daddy James." Allan sighs "You know what that means Big Sis." Beth nods, as Tenny and J.D. argue in the kitchen, and Beth calls Blue Ridge Memorial Hospital, as she accepts the job at City Hospital, and a few weeks afterward, Beth moves to the Southeastern town of Adam's Landing.
    A year later, Beth has moved to Adam's Landing, where she works as one of the leading Doctors at City Hospital, and has earned a name for herself, as she learns the medical profession through and through, and her name grows throughout the medical world. At City Hospital, Beth walks into the ER, as she's been paged to check on a patient, and the nurse tells Beth "He's hot. He's in here often." Beth walks inside the triage, as Frank Jackson, a young race car driver has had an accident, and his eyes meets with Beth's, as Beth asks Frank "So why are you here?" Frank sighs "Flipped the Mustang, but I'm fine." Beth checks Frank out, as she asks him "Well it's a wonder you're not injured." Frank laughs "Ok I lied. I came to see you." Beth goes "Me?" Frank tells Beth "I've seen you around." Beth tells Frank "I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm going back to Blue Ridge soon." Frank looks around, and whispers "Let me change your mind. Let's have dinner at Johnson's Drive In." Beth takes a deep breath, and tells him "Oh what the hell." Beth discharges Frank, and he struts out, as Beth watches on. Later in the evening, Beth and Frank sits inside his Mustang, as they have their first date, and Beth asks Frank "So you're a stock car driver?" Frank nods, and tells Beth "I just won Rookie Of The Year, and Davis Lane is sponsoring me." Beth asks "Doesn't he own the Department Store in town?" Frank nods, and asks Beth "Where are you from? Are you related to the Sullivans that own the Discount Store?" Beth responds "I am. My Mama and Aunt started it a few years ago. They've been very successful." Frank sits back, as Beth opens up, and Frank listens, as he has a crush on Dr.Beth Sullivan. Later in the evening, Frank takes Beth to her Apartment, and Frank walks Beth to the door, and Frank asks Beth "Like to continue inside?" Beth declines, and tells Frank "This is only our first date." Frank quips "First of many I hope?" Beth tells him "Maybe." Beth walks inside, and smiles, as Frank sits inside his Mustang, and says to himself "That's the first time I've ever been turned away. I got a fight on my hands." Frank speeds away, as he and Beth have fallen for each other.
   A few weeks later, Beth and Frank grow closer, as Beth arrives at The Jackson Estate, also known as Hell Hill, where B.R. and Ruth Jackson resides with their 3 younger children, Ava, Jamie, and Brock Jr. Beth knocks on the door, as Ruth answers, and asks Beth "So you're Frank's newest fling?" Beth responds "Fling? We're dating." Ruth welcomes Beth inside, and tells her to sit down, as Beth sits inside the living room, and Ruth asks Beth "So you work at City Hospital? Nurse?" Beth tells Ruth "Doctor." Ruth lights a cigarette, and tells Beth "Well, that's a step up. I just hope you know what you're in for with Frank. He's wild." Beth laughs "I can see that." Ruth looks at Beth, and asks "So Frank told me you didn't give in to him?" Beth tells Ruth "I'm waiting for marriage." Ruth is pleased, as she tells Beth "I think you will be good for Frank. He needs a girl to keep him grounded." Ava, Jamie, and Brock Jr returns home, as Ava yells at her Sister and Brother "Both of you just shut the hell up! Damn I can't wait to get away from the two of you!" Ruth tells Beth "Make yourself comfortable." Ruth turns her attention to Jamie and Brock Jr, as she yells at her children "How many times do I have to tell you not to bother Ava?" Jamie snaps "Well she started.." Ruth points to the door, as Ava asks her Mother "Can Aunt Mary just pick the two of them up from school from now on?" Ruth tells her Oldest Daughter "Yes she can. I know they are driving you crazy." Meanwhile Beth walks around the house, in awe, as Ruth walks inside the kitchen, and tells Beth "I apologize for Jamie and Junior. Those two can drive you crazy." Beth quips "I can see."
   Later in the evening, B.R. returns home, as The Jackson Family gathers around the table, as B.R. looks at Beth, and eyes her, as Ruth glares at her Husband, as does Frank, as he tells his Parents "I got something to announce." B.R. responds "Leaving The Stock Car League Frank?" Frank sighs with disgust "No! Beth and I are getting married." Ruth beams with joy, as B.R. asks Beth "Why are you marrying this piece of shit?" Ruth yells at her Husband "Brock I've had enough of this now!" Frank yells at his Father "Just because I don't want to be a part of Jackson Inc makes me a piece of shit? I am doing the same thing you did." B.R. yells "I was loyal to my family!" Ruth yells at B.R. "Ava's asleep, as are Jamie and Junior! And you did the same damn thing. The two of you are too much a damn like." Beth meanwhile rolls her eyes, as Frank whispers to his Fiancee "This is common. Daddy and I don't like each other." B.R. yells "Damn right I don't like you boy." Ruth tells Beth and Frank "The two of you go somewhere." Beth and Frank walks out, as Ruth tears into her Husband, and walks over and snarls "You're damn lucky he even wants a thing to do with you Brock! You pull the stops. Beth's a good girl, and I won't hear this shit!" B.R. responds "She's too good for our Son!" Ruth slaps B.R. and reminds him "I can take that damn company and you know I will. I'm starting to consider it." B.R. yells in defeat "Call the damn church and put all the expenses on me! Damn Ruth you always win!" Ruth tells her Husband "Damn right I do, and you best don't forget what I'm capable of. Remember that whore?" B.R. walks out with his head down, as Ruth walks into the living room, and tells her Son and future Daughter In Law "Everything is taken care of." In a few weeks, Beth and Frank marry, and Beth becomes pregnant, but loses her Daughter in a miscarriage, as Beth and Frank's marriage is turbulent, and Frank meets another woman, named Claudia Stone, who works for Frank's team, and becomes his mistress.
   Five years later, Beth and Frank lives at The Farm, as Frank quickly makes a name for himself in the racing world, and Beth returns from City Hospital, as she too has quickly made a name for herself as well, as she's the first Female Chief Of Staff, amid protests that are quickly cooled by Beth's Father In Law. Beth walks inside the house, as Ruth sits inside, with a buzz, as Beth asks her Mother In Law "What's wrong Ruth?" Ruth asks her Daughter In Law "Do you know where Frank is?" Beth responds "He's in Southpoint Beach getting ready for the race." Ruth pulls a photo out of her purse, and tells her Daughter In Law "People in the racing world calls this whore Mrs.Frank Jackson." Beth's eyes widen, as Ruth tells her "Her name is Claudia. Want to go beat her ass?" Beth is angered, and tells Ruth "I know about her." Ruth asks "And you haven't stood up for your marriage? Come on! I can arrange a flight to Southpoint Beach. Let's whoop her ass Beth!" Beth sighs "Not worth it." Ruth sighs "Well Brock isn't happy, and I'm not happy." Beth sighs "Nor is my Mama and Daddy. Mama hates him." Ruth quips "I'm not too fond of your Mother. She's snooty." Beth tells Ruth "She has her moments." Ruth looks at Beth, and tells her "When Frank returns, you at least tear into him." Beth nods "Oh yes I will." Ruth hugs Beth, and reminds her "If you need me, you call me." Beth nods, as Ruth leaves, and Beth sits in the living room, as her heart breaks over Frank's infidelity. A few days later, Frank returns home from Southpoint Beach, as he won his 10th race, and Frank tells his Wife "I won the 500!" Beth gets up, as she puts out a joint she smokes on, as Frank asks his Wife "Why are you smoking pot?" Beth snaps "You son of a bitch." Frank rolls his eyes, as he sighs "Mama told you." Beth slaps Frank, and yells "I warned you Frank." Frank yells "You should quit your damn job, and tend to your Husband!" Beth yells "I'm not a damn housewife Frank! I run a Hospital, and I make my own money. And I make a hell of a lot more than you!" Frank yells "Ok then. I see how it's going to be." Frank storms out, as Beth rolls her eyes, and leaves a few moments later. At Jackson Inc, Beth arrives, where B.R. sits inside his office, and B.R. asks his Daughter In Law "Ruth told you didn't she?" Beth yells "He picked this kind of shit up from you!" B.R. sighs "I made my mistakes, but I can't explain my Son." Beth starts to cry, as she yells "I don't know what to do." B.R. walks up to Beth and holds her, as he consoles his Daughter In Law, and assures her "You are now a part of my family Beth, and we protect our own." Beth thanks B.R., and he responds with a kiss, which Beth steps back, as she tells him "No. I can't do this." B.R. whispers "Don't worry about Ruth." B.R. gently takes off Beth's clothes as they have sex in a room at Jackson Inc, unknown to them, Ruth arrives, and hears them, and opens the door, as she freezes, as B.R. and Beth turn around, and Ruth screams "Oh no. Hell no Brock. Beth!" Beth cries "I'm sorry.." Ruth slaps Beth, and yells "Get out!" Beth puts her clothes on and leaves, as Ruth yells at her Husband "I just knew you wanted to sleep with her." B.R. yells "Frank should be more attentive to his Wife!" Ruth yells "He learned from you, and you need to stay here tonight if you want to live!" Ruth storms out, as B.R. shakes his head with regret, and says to himself "I just screwed everything up."
   A few weeks later, Beth arrives at Hell Hill, where Jamie answers the door, as Ava has moved to Blue Ridge to intern at Sullivan's, and Jamie and Brock Jr are in High School, and Jamie yells "The whore's here Mama." Ruth walks out of the kitchen, and tells her children "Leave us alone. GO!" Jamie sneers at Beth "I hope Mama kills you." Jamie and Brock Jr leave, and Ruth asks Beth "What in the hell are you doing here?" Beth takes a deep breath, and tells Ruth "I'm pregnant, and I am so sorry for betraying you." Ruth looks at Beth, as she has a look of dread in her eyes, and tells her Daughter In Law "It's Brock's isn't it?" Beth nods, and asks Ruth for forgiveness, which Ruth walks over and hugs Beth, and says gently "Brock has his ways. Frank's the same way. You don't say a word to Frank about you and Brock. I'll treat this child like my Grandchild." Beth thanks Ruth, and heads out. A few hours later, Ruth arrives at B.R.'s office at Jackson Inc, where B.R. sits inside his office, and Ruth tells her Husband "Well you went and did it." B.R. asks "What did I do Ruth?" Ruth responds "Beth's pregnant, and we both know who's the Father." B.R. rolls his eyes, and Ruth tells her Husband "Frank's not to know. Hopefully he will be there for Beth and leave that whore alone!" B.R. agrees and Ruth warns B.R. "I won't deal with much more." B.R. vows to Ruth "I will never make that mistake again." Ruth reminds her Husband "This is the second child you've had outside of our Marriage, and you best not make a third!" B.R. promises Ruth "I won't." Later in the day, Beth sits inside the living room at The Farm, as Frank walks in, and Beth tells her Husband "I'm pregnant." Frank responds "Good." Beth tells Frank "I want you to stop racing so you can be here for our child." Frank boldly tells his Wife "I'll never stop racing Beth! So forget that thought!" Beth yells "That's right. You couldn't be with Claudia!" Frank yells "At least she supports me!" Beth yells back "Fine! Let that bitch support you! I'm done!" Beth packs her things and leaves, as she returns to Blue Ridge, where she tells her parents of the pregnancy, which neither J.D. or Tenny are pleased about, but supports their Daughter, and a few weeks later, after a call from both B.R. and Ruth, Beth returns to Adam's Landing, and 8 months later, Beth gives birth to her only child, a Son, named Xavier David Jackson.
   As Xavier grows up at The Farm, and Beth does her best to keep her Marriage together with Frank, who's always on the road, as he's now a legend in The Stock Car League, Xavier grows a disdain for who he believes is his Father, and grows close to B.R. and Ruth, who keeps their eyes on him, and B.R. becomes a second Father to Xavier, and Ruth loves him as one of her own. At Jackson Inc, B.R. sits inside his office, as he's on the phone with Tenny, as he tells Beth's Mother "I got some news." Tenny, in her office at Sullivan's Headquarters, asks B.R. "Has my Daughter finally seen the light and decided to divorce Frank?" B.R. sighs "Claudia is pregnant. Frank told me about it." Tenny sighs "Shit. And how are we going to keep this from Beth?" At The Inn, in Adam's Landing, Ruth arrives, as she finishes babysitting Jamie's Daughter Bree, and Brock Jr's Oldest Son Andy, and sees Claudia, and Ruth sits next to Claudia, as she asks Ruth "And why are you here? Did you hear the good news?" Ruth orders a glass of bourbon, and asks Claudia "What good news? You having my Grandchild? Oh yes whore I heard it!" Claudia asks "Well are you going to congratulate me?" Ruth slaps Claudia, and snarls "No I'm not! I hate you, and if Beth finds out about this, and she divorces Frank, I will kill you whore." Claudia snaps "I'm not scared of you!" Ruth snaps back "Well you should be!" Claudia looks at Ruth, and walks out. A week later, Claudia arrives at Frank's office at his new race team, Frank Jackson Racing, also known as FJR, as she hears B.R.'s voice, and another voice inside Frank's office, and Claudia walks inside, as Tenny yells "Ok whore!" Claudia beams "Tenny Sullivan! I shop at your store all the time!" Tenny attacks Claudia, as Frank yells, and B.R. warns his Son "You will give this child away. Or I'll destroy your career." Tenny adds "Frank, I despise you. You are nothing but a horny bastard that doesn't know how to take care of his Wife and Son. You make me sick, and when Xavier calls me and I ask how the two of you are, my body fills with more anger and hatred towards you." Frank yells at his Father and Mother In Law "Stay the hell out of my business. This is what I want!" B.R. picks up the phone, and asks Frank "Now should I call your Mama? She and Tenny will gladly get rid of this whore." Frank yells "We'll deal with it!" Tenny warns Claudia "Bitch, Sullivan's don't need your money. You are cheaper than my moonlight madness sales." Tenny and B.R. walks out, and Claudia tells Frank "Ruth knows, and she wants me dead." When Frank and Claudia's Son, Cale Stone is born, Claudia gives the baby to her Sister, Connie, as Frank and Claudia are warned by B.R., Tenny, Ruth, and J.D. of the consequences if they kept the child.
   When Xavier turns 18, and graduates High School at the top of his class, he moves to Blue Ridge after his first love, Desi Lane leaves town pregnant. Ava has moved back to Adam's Landing, and her marriage to Russell Marx is threatened by her Sister Jamie, who has eyes for him, which turns ugly, as Jamie and Brock Jr hires Aaron Pittman to seduce her, which turns into rape, in return tearing The Jackson Family apart in many ways. Ruth leaves Adam's Landing with Ava, as she also files for Divorce from B.R., as B.R. pays the ALPD an undisclosed amount of cash to cover it up. As for Beth and Frank's Marriage, division fills their union, as Beth sides with B.R., as he tries to run Jamie out of town, but to no avail, as Frank stands up for his Sister, and at Hell Hill, Frank storms inside, as B.R. asks his Son "What in the hell are you doing here?" Frank punches his Father in the face, and yells "You need to leave Jamie alone! I mean it you cold bastard!" B.R. backs up, and glares at his Son, as he warns Frank "I've lost enough, and you defend your whoring Sister and leave me the hell alone!" Frank beats his Father, as Beth walks inside, and shoots her pistol in the air and yells at her Husband "Frank Jackson, you are really a piece of shit. Hell you don't surprise me at all anymore." Frank yells at his Wife "Well what's keeping you here Beth?" Beth looks at her Husband, as B.R. gets up, and wipes the blood from his face, and Beth tells Frank "Xavier's in Blue Ridge, Ruth's gone, and you're still bedding Claudia. I resigned today from City Hospital." B.R. is stunned, as Frank asks "So are you divorcing me Beth?" Beth tells Frank "We've been married for 22 years, and you never loved me, you loved Claudia. She's yours now." Beth walks out, and heads to The Farm, where she packs up her belongings, and leaves Adam's Landing to return to her hometown of Blue Ridge. For the next 18 years, Beth tries the retail business, as she helps her Mother and Aunt with Sullivan's, which is falling due to competition from Wallace's, and Ciarra's Daughter Lily stealing from the company.
    As Beth lives in Blue Ridge, she lives with Tenny and J.D. at The Sullivan Estate, as her Father passes away a few years after her return due to cancer, and Tenny leaves the United States and moves to Monaco, as Sullivan's is sold, and Beth returns to work as Chief Of Staff at a new Hospital in Blue Ridge, Park Lane Hospital, and spends her spare time with Xavier, as he marries Leigh Woods Jackson, and has a Daughter, Sullivan Leigh Jackson, and Leigh is thought to be dead after being shot on a Paris runway a few years after Sully's birth. Beth takes care of Xavier and Sully, becoming a Mother figure to Sully, as she also works daily at Park Lane, as Xavier's in charge of Jim's, and focuses on the business, and his Daughter. Beth also keeps in touch with B.R., as his children, and grandchildren shun him, and one day at Jim's Corporate Headquarters, Xavier sits inside his office, as B.R. walks inside and Xavier hugs his Grandfather, as B.R. quips "It looks like you are holding well Son." Xavier sighs "It's all I have besides Princess." B.R. tells Xavier "You have more than I do. I have Jackson Inc, and an empty home." Xavier tells his Grandfather "Mother's at The Estate. She'd love to see you. Sully's about to head to college soon in Valley Ridge. She'd really love to see you." B.R. asks Xavier "Do you hate me?" Xavier is puzzled, and asks his Grandfather "Why would I hate you Papaw? You've been there for me my entire life. You've always watched over me and Mother, and Sully loves you." B.R. smiles, and tells his Grandson "I love you Son." Xavier responds "I love you too Papaw." At The Sullivan Estate, Beth, Ciarra, and Jacob plan a going away party for Sully, as she has graduated High School, and prepares to head to college. B.R. walks inside, and Beth hugs her former Father In Law, as B.R. tells Beth "You haven't aged a bit." Beth quips "Now stop that. How's things back at Hell Hill?" Ciarra and Jacob also welcome B.R., as he tells Beth "It's lonely, and I need something." Beth asks "What is it?" B.R. tells Beth "Surgery. My heart's failing me." Beth looks at B.R., and tells him "I'll take care of you. Don't worry about a thing. Do you want me to call the family." B.R. sighs "They'd be happy if I was dead. I've tried to make peace, but it hasn't worked. Frank's still with the whore, and Jamie and her brats live at the cottage. As for Junior, he's a pain in the ass along with his two Sons." Beth asks "Ever hear from Ava?" B.R. tells Beth "We made peace, and she's well, with a Son, around Sully's age. She's also married, but he's as old as I am." Beth sighs "Well at least she's taken care of." B.R. nods, as Sully walks inside, and yells "Grandpa!" B.R. hugs his Granddaughter tightly, and goes "Wow if you look like your Mama!" Sully quips "Well thank you kind sir." B.R. pulls something out of his coat, and tells Sully "Open it." Sully opens the envelope, to find a check for $1,000,000 dollars, and Sully asks "What's this for?" B.R. tells Sully with a smile on his face "Whatever you want my sweet." Sully tells her Grandfather "I'll save it for something special." As everyone celebrates Sully's entrance into Valley Ridge University as Xavier arrives, and joins in.    The next day, Beth, Xavier, and B.R. sits inside Park Lane Hospital, as Beth prepares to perform open heart surgery on B.R., and Xavier asks his Mother "Will he make it?" B.R., also scared, looks at Beth, as she tells them "I'm doing the operation, and I'll care for him afterwards here in Blue Ridge." Beth performs B.R.'s operation, and saves him, and for the next few months, B.R. stays at The Sullivan Estate, as Beth leaves her job at Park Lane Hospital to take care of her Former Father In Law. One day, as Beth returns from Jim's, with dinner from the deli, B.R. looks at Beth, and Beth asks B.R. "What's wrong? Is it your heart?" B.R. starts to cry, as he tells Beth "I don't know what to say. I really don't know." Beth asks "Are you trying to say thank you? Because you don't have to do that." B.R. looks at Beth, and tells her "You have done a great job taking care of me, and Ruth sends her thank yous as well." Beth is humbled, and tells her Former Father In Law "You have always had my back, and you have been there for Xavier, and Sully, and you always have us B.R." B.R. looks at Beth, and pulls a ring out of his pocket, as he tells Beth "If I asked you to be my Wife, would you do it?" Beth is quiet, and B.R. tells her "I just don't want to be alone in my last days. I want to leave Adam's Landing, and move here, where people love me. I am selling everything in Adam's Landing, it's not home anymore." Beth tells him "I don't know." B.R. tells Beth "Xavier won't have a problem. I just spoke to him earlier." Beth sighs "I guess I will then." B.R. tells Beth "I know you understand me, and I want to get married soon, and at Hell Hill. Then you can return here, and I'll get everything ready."
Beth asks B.R. "So is it time to tell Xavier?" B.R. looks at Beth, and responds "Yes it is. He is my Son, and I have willed everything to him. Let's get married first, and once I return, we will tell him." Beth and B.R. heads to Adam's Landing, where they have a private wedding, as Floyd, B.R.'s twin Brother comes to town and is witness, as Beth and B.R. exchange vows, and Beth hugs her Husband, and laughs "I'll head back to Blue Ridge and get things ready." Floyd congratulates them, as he tells his Brother "I am proud you're finally moving on." B.R. looks at Floyd, and smiles "I am too Floyd." Beth returns to Blue Ridge a few days later, as she prepares to tell Xavier about B.R. being his Father, as B.R. begins to make plans to sell Hell Hill, and give Jackson Inc to Xavier, before he is murdered by Brock Jr.
    In Heaven, Beth watches the mirror, as it turns to City Hospital, and Xavier cries in his Mother's office, as he holds his Mother's picture to his chest. In the ICU, Leigh, Sully, Jared, Tenny, Ciarra, Floyd, Allan all hold each other closely, as Terrance, Olivia, and Sassy tries to revive Beth, and Olivia yells "She's fading!" Back in Heaven, B.R., Ruth, J.D., and Jacob looks at Beth, as J.D. tells his Daughter "The doors aren't opening, so it's not time yet." Beth tells everyone "My family needs me." Ruth looks at Beth, and hugs her, as she tells Beth "You keep my family together Beth. You are the matriarch, and we're not ready for you yet." J.D. hugs his Daughter, and tells Beth "Keep an eye on your Mama, and give her a message from me." J.D. whispers something in Beth's ear, and Beth tells her Father "I will do that Daddy." Jacob tells his Niece "Tell Ma I said to slow down some. Floyd needs her." Beth hugs her Uncle, and agrees, and B.R. walks over, as he kisses Beth, and tells her "You have a long life ahead of you. Just remember to keep the family together, and all of us are always watching over you, and all of the family." Beth disappears, as B.R. Ruth, J.D., and Jacob returns into heaven, as Beth re-enters her Body, as her vitals begin to pick up, and Beth opens her eyes, as she sees Xavier sitting next to her, holding her hand, and Beth smiles, as she grabs tightly to Xavier's hand, and in a weak voice, tells her Son "I'm going nowhere my sweet boy."

                      

Dedicated in Loving Memory to my Mother and Inspiration for the Character of Dr. Beth Sullivan Jackson, who will forever live throughout Daylight And Darkness, and within my heart, and soul for the rest of my life, Sarah Beth Ellis, January 22, 1950-March 20, 2015.

2 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING EPISODE ! ONE OF THE VERY BEST !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Such a touching, intense episode.
    I feel connected to many of the characters, look forward to the next chapter in all their lives!

    ReplyDelete