Monday, August 14, 2023

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 346. Turning The Page

   It's been a while since we last visited Adam's Landing and things were heating up. Secrets were all over the place. Love was in the air and a new family arrived in town. Since we last checked in, things have changed throughout Adam's Landing, causing hurt, sadness, and doubt. Many characters have left town. Rachel's secret was revealed, which did not go over well. Things took a turn for the worse for Wade, and of course Xavier's life was hanging in the balance as he was shot multiple times in the Storm Shelter. Lives has changed, and its back to the basics now in Adam's Landing. There has been Darkness, but yet always Daylight. We pick up Daylight And Darkness now, seven months later....

    

       At Hell Hill, Leigh sits in the living room, as Gracie walks downstairs and tells her Mother "I'm going out awhile." Leigh asks "To work? Or off to the cottage?" Gracie asks her "Mom, Davey needs a Father figure, and Storm is excellent. I do not understand the hangup you and Dad has over him." Leigh tells her Daughter "Gracie, I do not trust Storm, and neither does your Father. You are going to be hurt again like you were in Sugar Creek." Gracie heads to the door, and goes "Well when Dad returns home, I cannot wait to hear his point of view." Gracie leaves, as Leigh sighs "And suddenly I become the babysitter.." Xavier sits in a seat on his private jet, as he has taken a break after what occured in the Storm Shelter, and reads texts, as he is silent and rolls his eyes. Ava meanwhile sits next to her Brother, and says "Thank you for going down to the island with me. I think Winston's memorial was well done." Xavier tells his Sister "I tried to let Wade know, but he's still in a coma." Ava snarls "I will kill Bridget if she ever returns to town, or in my sight!" Xavier meanwhile asks "So what's next?" Ava takes a drink, and says "HaleCorp is now part of Jackson Inc. Winston would have wanted it that way. I never liked Logan, and then the shit...." Xavier sighs "He's Davey's Father, but Logan is not fit to be a Father. Wade and I discussed it before the.." The pilot goes "We're about to land now." Ava holds Xavier's hand, and says "At least I have my Daughter, and Son waiting for me back home." Xavier assures her "Sis, Winston is at peace now. And so are you. I see it." Ava gets emotional briefly before saying "He did not know who anyone was. I have mourned long enough."

     At City Hospital, Beth walks into her office, and is greeted by Rashad, and Ginny, as she tells them "I think it's a wonderful idea to name the new mental health wing after Terrance." Ginny tells her Grand-Aunt "I agree. It's nice to see Willie here again too." Rashad tells them "Grandma feels closer to him being here. I find her often in my office." Beth smiles, as she asks them "Ready to meet the new Chief of Staff? Or do the two of you want to split duties?" Rashad looks at Ginny, and Ginny goes "Aunt Beth, we got it handled. We have you here now often. Likely to get away from Gran." Beth laughs, and goes "It is nice to be in the working world again, and yes, I enjoy my time away from Mama. I do worry what she's plotting." At Beth and Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny smokes a blunt, as she hangs up the phone, and answers the door. Faith stands on the other side, as Tenny hugs her Granddaughter, and asks "How are you doing my sweet Faith?" Faith smiles, and quips "It's been nice bonding with Allan..." Tenny goes "He's your Daddy now. And Ava is your Mom. And Gran bought out River Mathis' part in Jazz, and.." Faith asks her Grandmother "How many times are you going to remind me?" Tenny asks "Wanna hit this blunt with your Gran?" Faith sits, and says "You know I am straight laced." Tenny goes "But you own a nightclub..." Faith gets a phone call, and answers as she tells Tenny "Well I'm off to Jazz. I'll be by later." Tenny goes "Don't come unannounced." Faith shakes her head with a smile, as she leaves, and Tenny sits back and says to herself "I think besides Sully, and Ruthie... she is another favorite Granddaughter. But Allison, she can go to hell." 

    At Class, Sully walks into Ruthie's office, as Ruthie smokes a blunt, and sighs "I feel so bad Mom. I did not know about what Gram, Olivia, Aunt Ava, and his Grandmother did to Rachel.. He took it out on everyone." Sully sits and says "It was quite a shock. But you have to move on. Where's my Mother?" Marco walks inside and goes "She's babysitting." Sully rolls her eyes, and goes "My Mother babysitting Davey. She said she wasn't going that route, but..." Ruthie quips "Well anything can happen I guess. Gracie and Storm invited me out." Sully tells her Daughter "Marco has everything under control, and I'll hang around and check the sales reports. The Landon bunch got Gore's, but they have not done too well in my opinion." Marco reminds them "We could buy the stock." Sully is quiet, as Ruthie hugs her Mother, and walks out. At Landon-Hale, Jared sits in his office, as Callie walks inside and tells him "Connor is here." Jared goes "I do not feel like talking to him. Same shit as always. And I don't give a damn about his Mom, or my Brother!" Connor walks inside, as he snaps "What?" Jared gets up, and yells at his Son "Ruthie and Cain are the only two kids I love! Bridget took you and let Wade be your Dad. Why did you even stay here? Spying?" Connor gains his composure, and says "I have a good job, and I got Mom's penthouse. I want to have a relationship with you." Jared coldly says "Get out of my office, and stay away from me Connor. Go back home." Connor smiles, and says "Well Daddy, I'm staying and look, a text. I have to see a patient." Connor walks out, as Callie walks back in, and says "I'm still reeling myself." Jared sighs "Well it's over now for damn sure. I just wish he'd leave me alone." Callie tells him "Jared, Dr. Walsh is a good person. You should try to grow close to him." Jared is silent, as Callie walks out and Jared has a flashback and is silent.

     At Evans-Mathis, Aretha sits in her office, as Addie Gore walks inside and goes "Hello Aretha. I have some news." Aretha asks "Did Eve sell you her share in the company?" Addie nods, and quips "She did. But don't worry because this is yours." Aretha asks Addie "So that outsider beat you, and Marx in the election.." Addie tells her "And we are about to make some real money too off of it when I write this book." Aretha goes "Deal. So is this now Evans-Gore?" Addie shrugs "If you'd like?" Aretha tells her "I like you Addie. And sounds just fine to me. You do know a lot of people in town." Addie sits at Aretha's desk, and begins to talk, as she says "Beth and I are very close, and I do have a big heart. I've grown to like this place. More exciting than back home in Unity. My Grandson's coming up soon, but I don't know what his plans are." Aretha asks "What about your Son Evan?" Addie goes "He's mayor of Unity now. But I must be going. Rachel wants to talk to me. Maybe she's writing another book." Aretha rolls her eyes, as Addie walks out, and Aretha goes "This should be interesting." At The Sunset Club, Rachel sits at the bar, and has a drink, as Brock walks in and asks his fiancée "Why are you so distant?" Rachel looks at Brock, and says "Every time I see you I think of Henry." Her voice trembles, as she says "I so wanted to get to know him and then..." Brock sighs "I know.." Rachel looks at her ring, and Brock asks "Are you thinking of breaking up with me? I love you baby. You are my world." Rachel looks at Brock, and says "You are my everything." Brock and Rachel kiss, as he whispers "Javon's at the office and Jack's returned.." Rachel tells Brock "Another time. Connor's on his way." Brock goes "Perfect timing to return to the office. I hate that family." Rachel reminds her fiancé "He might have an update on Wade. And he's my therapist." Brock warns "Don't mention that to my family." Rachel asks "Why?" Brock goes "He is Bridget's Son." Rachel shakes her head, as Brock leaves, and Rachel drinks her liquor, and yells "One more!"

      Meanwhile at Jackson Inc, Bree, Jack, and Javon are inside Bree's office, as Bree tells them "I'm over it now. Aunt Ava has really been there for me. I always get hurt in relationships. Wade was a good man, but Bridget was the love of his life." Jack goes "And then she moved him out of City Hospital, and she, he, and Logan disappeared." Javon asks "Isn't Logan the Father..." Bree answers "Yes. But wanted no part of parenthood. Sully told me about it, and Gracie.. well she does not talk about it either but Wade told me he was a Grandpa and met Davey." In Xavier's old office, Xavier and Ava walks inside, as they have returned, and Ava tells her Brother "I hope you are slowing down after that scare with Daniel Woods." Xavier reminds her 'Sis, I protect my family. And I did take a break and traveled. What about you?" Ava sighs "Well I'm slowing down in my old..." Jack walks inside, hearing his Mother and Uncle, along with Bree as they all embrace in a hug, and Bree asks "How was the service?" Ava tells them "Winston got what he wanted. I have a few more ashes I'll bury when I go home. I'm going to spend some time with what is important to me, my Son, my Daughter, and my family." Xavier meanwhile asks "Where is the CEO?" Jack tells his Uncle "Sully's at Class spending some time with Ruthie." Xavier sighs "I hate to see my Queenie so sad. I really thought her and Henry were it." Bree meanwhile gets a phone call, and tells everyone "Summer. I'm going to see her and check in." Bree leaves, as Xavier tells his Sister and Nephew "So what is really going on?" Ava tells them "I think something is going on, and I don't like what I'm thinking." Jack tells them "Could a Santiago be involved?" Xavier goes "Jack, Wade killed Angelica. I know whoever it was, was gunning for him." Ava tells her Son and Brother "I'm going back home now." Jack asks "Mom, want me.." Ava hugs Jack, and tells her Son "I want to be alone for today and honor your Dad. Love you." Ava tells Xavier "I'm glad you went with me." Xavier tells them "Winston was a good man, and I know he'll be missed, but like we said, we already lost him when his memory left." Ava nods, and walks out. Meantime, Javon is in his office, and hangs up the phone and says to himself "Our chance is now."

     Back at Hell Hill, Leigh sits in the nursery, as she plays with her Grandson and she gets a text from Xavier, as he texts "I'm on my way home my love. Get ready." Leigh smiles, as she tells Davey "Papaw is on his way home. The one that spoils you. Well I guess I'm guilty too of that.". At Country and Storm's Cottage, Gracie and Storm lay in bed together, as they share a bottle of moonshine, and smoke a blunt as Ruthie walks in, and Storm quips "Country isn't here to spy. I turned off the cameras." Ruthie asks "Where has he been?" Gracie tells her Niece "Oh he's got a girlfriend so I hear." Storm goes "Hell yeah. They are staying at The Inn." Gracie changes subjects, and asks them "Why is it not ok for me to be with you? Mom and Dad seem to be hellbent against it." Storm sighs, passing the blunt to Ruthie "Xavier paid to get me out of prison and thinks he controls me. But I beat to my own damn drum." Gracie and Ruthie laughs, as Ruthie adds "So does Grandpa. Since he retired, and let Mom run things, he stays busy." Storm gets a text, and says as he gets up "Pardon me ladies." Gracie asks Ruthie "So I'm telling you a secret and better keep it.." Ruthie nods, as Gracie tells her Niece "We have told nobody, but we snuck down to Unity last night, and Storm and I got married." Ruthie's jaw drops, as she asks "Are you ready for the fallout?" Gracie rolls another blunt and says "Oh shit, I'm not worried. They'll have to live with it." Ruthie asks "What about Gram and Gran?" Gracie goes "Hmm.. That one I'm nervous about." Outside Storm is on the phone and says "Meet you at The Falcon." Storm walks inside and tells his Wife and Ruthie "I have something to do. Be back later. Feel free to drink up and smoke." Storm rushes out, as Gracie and Ruthie watch, and Gracie goes "That's becoming the norm." 

      At Coffeeteria, Sully bumps into Jack, as they hug, and Sully ask her Cousin "How's things down at the office? Daddy text me and told me he and your Mom were home." Jack sits down, and tells her "Mom is actually handling it well. I am surprised really. With all the shit with Wade, I would had thought she would have a breakdown." Sully goes "Well I think Aunt Ava was ready. When Ruthie and Cain went down there, he did not know them. Thought they were his kids." Jack sighs "He was my Dad. Angelica tortured him and made life hell for Mom and me, but he was a great man." Sully quips "Jared didn't inherit any of his wisdom and knowledge." Jared shows up and tells his Ex-Wife "I disowned my Grandfather and that side long ago. I wish Connor would stop trying to come and cry for me to be his Daddy!" Sully goes "You are his Dad! And you have another child with Summer. Do you know his name?" Jack sits back, as Jared tells Sully "Right now I am focused on one thing, destroying that company across the street from Landon-Hale. You'll have to get a job here with what I have in mind!" Jack warns "You don't have the brains to do that. And you have Clint and Thorpe to answer to." Jared tells them "They want the same thing as I do!" Cole meanwhile walks over, as Sully and Jack tells them "We're going back to our office and prepare to kick your ass!" Cole goes "We got Gore's!" Jack laughs "Oh shit, Emery's will wipe the floor with you. I've been in the flagship, looked like shit. At least Addie Gore's family ran it right." Sully and Jack leaves, as Cole tells Jared "Look at this file." Jared opens it, and his eyes widen and goes "Ava gave HaleCorp to Xavier?" Cole nods, and adds "Look what Wade got for them before he was knocked cold." Jared snarls "Son of a bitch." Cole tells him "Dad and Uncle Thorpe has called a meeting this evening at Dad's place," Cole walks out, as Jared shakes his head in disgust.  

     At Jazz, Addie sits at the bar, as Faith walks over and goes "Mrs. Gore.." Addie goes "No honey, call me Addie." Faith tells her "I've worked in this field a long time, habit and respect I guess. Your guest is over at their table in the back." Addie walks over, as Beth sits and they greet with a hug, and Beth asks her best friend "How's Adam's Landing treating ya? Addie laughs "This is a big place now. I stopped by to see you, but your Mother would not answer the door." Beth asks "Look at the time on your phone, Mama still will not allow visitors, or talk when those soaps are on. Meantime enough about her. How did your meeting go with Aretha?" Addie tells her "I like her, and she gave me an idea on a book. I need something to do with myself after losing the election and all." Beth tells her "You wrote a beautiful book about your Mama and Daddy's marriage." Addie asks "Do you think your Mother would write her life story?" Beth's eyes widen, and she says "That is not a bad idea at all! Mama's almost 100 years old and has a story. Willie Evans is another good one if you want to write something to tug people's hearts." Addie asks Beth, as Faith walks over, and says "Beth, I don't know about Gran." Beth tells her Niece "If you bribe her right, you could be surprised." At Beth and Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny sits in the living room, turning towards what was formerly Wade and Bridget's Penthouse, as she turns down the TV, and snarls "Connor Walsh... interrupting my smoke time, and soap time!" Tenny walks out, and rings his doorbell, to find the door open and walks inside. Inside now Connor's Penthouse, Rachel lays on the couch, as she tells Connor "I honestly don't think I can have a relationship now with him." Connor asks "Because you have a traumatic memory." Rachel nods, and says "It'd be best to break up with Brock.." Tenny yells "Are you going to be a whore again?" Connor turns and snaps "Do you know not to blare into someone's place?" Tenny smiles "Rachel's yelling I could hear. And did I hear this right... I listen to these sessions." Connor goes "How?" Tenny smiles "I don't know." She turns towards Rachel, and warns "Hurt that kid, and you'll answer to me. I did kill Lily, but Beth would like to.." Rachel cries "Can you stay silent?" Connor adds "This is a private session old lady so leave." Tenny walks to the door, and tells Connor and Rachel "I don't like the two of you. A boy created by a homewrecker, and the cougar." Tenny leaves, as Rachel has a panic attack and Connor begins to help her calm down saying "Deep breaths. She has a habit of this." Outside, Tenny sees a bottle, and reads the letter "See you sexy man. Chantel's." Tenny says "I'd rather smoke myself." Tenny returns to her Penthouse, and thinks of what she has heard, and makes a phone call.

      At Jackson Inc, Javon's in his office, as his Mother arrives, and Javon rolls his eyes, and warns "I got things to handle. Looks like Landon has something up his sleeve. Monica sighs "I'm not forcing you. I just think you need to get to know your family here." Javon bluntly says "Terrance never was a Dad to me, and you never told me until he died. And Ms. Willie hates you." Monica changes subjects, and tells him "Son, I got a guest about to show up in town." Javon asks "Trial time for Julia Woods?" In Jack's office, he hangs up the phone with J.J. as he grabs his keys to head to his Mansion. Downstairs, Brock sits in his office he shares with Rachel, as he calls his Sister, and Gracie answers, as she lays on Storm's bed, and she tells her twin Brother "I told Ruthie." Brock warns her "Sissy, you know soon you're going to have to tell Mom and Dad." Gracie slurs "And they can deal with it. I am a Smallwood now." At Connor's Penthouse, Rachel and Connor walks out, as Connor gasps, and goes "Dad got a free bottle of wine from Chantel's. And then he went in a coma." Rachel is silent also, and tells him "Take it to the Hospital and have Beth test it." Connor stares at it, and makes a phone call, as Rachel leaves. At Hell Hill, Xavier walks into the nursery, as Leigh looks at her Husband, as she rocks Davey to sleep, and tells her Husband "Shh, he's asleep." Xavier walks over and kisses his Wife, and Grandson, and whispers "And where's Gracie?" Leigh sighs "Where else?" Xavier is silent, and goes "I'm off to the study." Xavier walks out, as Leigh has a thought. Xavier sends Country a text, and says to himself "Treading on thin ice Storm." At Whispering Hills, Ava is outside, as she sits in the living room, and looks at the box containing Winston's ashes, and cries privately, as there's a knock at the door. Ava answers to find a girl, and asks "Where's my Mom?" Ava asks "Are you lost?" The girl says "Faith Woods is my Mom. I'm her Daughter." Ava asks "And did she.." The girl says "She did." Ava opens her arms and says "Call me Grandma." They embrace in a hug. At The Inn, Storm meets a man, as he asks Storm "So do you want to join up with me and be my right hand? My bosses will do you right." Storm goes "I can't, but wish you had of killed Logan too." The man smiles "They all left before I got the chance." Storm whispers "Not all of them." The man nods, and says "That's being arranged.", as they both order a beer.

      

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment