Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 347. The Next Page To Turn

        As afternoon descends, at Evans-Mathis, Aretha sits in her office, as Willie walks inside, as Aretha hangs up the phone with Eve, and Willie tells her Daughter angrily "What did she say? Excuses for breaking my Brother's heart?" Aretha goes "Mama, she told me what happened, and I sided also with Uncle Clem. My friend in Sugar Creek told me he also caught her with another man..." Willie warns "Aretha, you gonna give me a heart attack." Aretha asks "So what brought you down here?" Willie goes "I just heard from your Grandson. Some good news." Aretha asks "What kind of good news?" Willie grins "Its a secret." Meanwhile in Summer's office, Summer and Bree have a meal in her office, as Bree cries "Wade and I had something special Summer. He was my true love. He really was." Summer tells her Sister "Aunt Ava warned you about Bridget..." Bree goes "I remember when he had that fall and went into that coma and Bridget and Logan.." Summer sighs "I see why nobody liked her, and then..." Bree goes "Yep. Moved him out of town before anyone could really found out what happened. I think she was behind it." Summer changes subjects, and asks "Did you want to have a child with Wade?" Bree nods. Summer tells her Sister "You wanted a child forever and you are such a great Aunt to my boys. Why not use a surrogate and have that child?" Bree is silent, and says "Hmm." At City Hospital, Connor storms into Rashad's office, as Ginny and Kyle stand around his desk, as he holds the wine bottle and blunty goes "I need this tested in the lab. Preferably Beth!" Ginny goes "Aunt Beth is gone for the day." Kyle asks "So sissy boy, you don't trust us?" Rashad snaps "Dr. Webb do I need to remind you again about that behavior?" Connor glares at Kyle, as Ginny tells Connor "I'll go run a test on it" Connor says "I think someone is out to kill me. I cannot help but think so after Wade drank that liquor and then went in a coma." Ginny takes the bottle and walks out, as Kyle and Rashad asks Connor "Any word about Wade?" Connor answers "I check on my Mom, but he can go to hell. He never accepted me and my sexuality anyway. I always knew he was not my Dad. He reminded me enough." Rashad gets a page, and walks out, and Kyle tells Connor "Maybe you should grow a pair.", and also walks out, as Connor's eyes turn red, and walks out.

      At Hell Hill, Leigh and Xavier sits in the study together, as they hear the door open and Xavier walks out as its Gracie and asks his Daughter "No show again? I'm getting sick of you and this Storm of a fling with Storm Smallwood!" Leigh walks out, and adds "I am not staying home playing Grandma, so you need to find a nanny if you wanna run around with that deadbeat." Gracie tells her parents "And I am grown too! I can do whatever in the hell I want! Logan wasn't a Father, he was a sperm donor. I am mad you let Wade meet my Son before he went into the coma!" Xavier sternly tells her "Gracie, Wade was my friend, and Davey is his Grandson. It was right to do. Now his Wife.." Leigh snarls "She is not allowed in this house, and I think a bullet is waiting for her ass if she shows up again." Xavier tells his Wife "We're discussing our Daughter right now, and let Ava have the honors, or Bree." Gracie heads upstairs, and goes "I'm home now Mom and Dad, so the two of you don't have to babysit. I can find one." Leigh asks "Who? Your Gram still has a busy life, and Tenny is almost 100." Gracie snaps "Don't worry. I will be gone, and soon." Gracie heads upstairs angrily, as Leigh tells her Husband, holding a pill bottle "See this full bottle." Xavier rolls his eyes, and sighs "Shit. We need to watch her closely." Upstairs, Gracie walks into the nursery, and sends a text, as she says to herself "The two of you aren't ready at all but you will be." At Country and Storm's cottage, Storm returns, as a man walks inside with him, as he goes "I wonder if I could go check up on her." Storm warns him "I don't think that's wise. When they learn about me and Gracie, I might be back in Unity Prison, or worse." Damian Woods, Leigh's Brother tells him "I am here on a mission. So are you in? I have to go meet someone now, and I want an answer soon." Damian walks out, as Storm is silent and says to himself "Damnit!"

     At Landon-Hale, Thorpe sits at the head of the table in the meeting room, as Clint walks inside, along with Callie, Cole, and Jared." Thorpe tells them "I have an announcement." Clint asks his Brother "Where's Luke?" Thorpe goes "Nevermind that. Dollar Time is up for grabs, and we need to take it before our rivals across the street do." Cole laughs "With that bunch, they are too worried about keeping it all together since Callie's boyfriend left town, and..." Jared goes "Enough about my kids family, now back to Dollar Time." Clint tells them "Tomorrow the owner will come to town and make us an offer." Thorpe goes "She should since she's the Mother of our kids" Clint sighs "Not again with that shit Thorpe. Lana and I had our children, and you know why she left you." Thorpe is silent, as he tells everyone "Lana will sell. She is broke, and her Sister... well we know what she is. And likely the reason the company's going under. Dollar Stores could hurt Jim's, Foodstar, Emery's." Callie asks "And what about Class, and even our own acquisition of Gore's. Addie is still pissed we got it." Thorpe tells his Niece "Addie Gore is besties with that deranged family. They endorsed her, and they learned their power is waning when she lost to the outsider." Across the road, Javon is alone, as he gets a text from his Mother, and says "I told you already to drop it!" A woman walks inside, and says "Lana Landon." Javon welcomes her, as she tells him "Before I go across the road, let's talk about my store." Javon nods, as they start to talk.

      At Jazz, Allan and Faith are inside his office, as Ava walks inside, and tells Allan and Faith "I had a visitor." Faith smiles, and she and her Daughter embrace in a hug, as Faith tells her biological parents "This is Haley Bonner. She's my only girl. Her Dad was a piece of shit." Allan hugs his Granddaughter, as she says "This is nice Mom! I came because I missed you." Faith goes "Just wait until I tell Tenny. She and I have not discussed you.." Allan warns his Daughter "And Mama will go mad!"  Ava is quiet, and watches with a smile. At The Falcon, Floyd and Frank sit at a table, as Floyd tells his Nephew "I think I'm ready to date again Frank." Frank tells his Uncle "At your age?" Floyd laughs "Son, age is a number. And I got my eyes on Addie Gore." Frank tells him "She used to be married to Jesse Adams, and he was a real bastard. She never has dated again since or married." Floyd says with a grin "I can change that." Tenny arrives, and sees them as she has overheard and gasps "Floyd Jackson, is this dog in heat putting things in your liquor? Cheating on my Sister." Frank sighs "Oh if it isn't the old bitch herself. Ciarra would want Uncle Floyd to be happy." Tenny tells them "Well I speak for my family, and forbid it." Brock arrives, as Tenny tells them "My Grandson is here. We need to have a little chat. And remember Floyd, do not cheat on my Sister!" Tenny walks over to where Brock sits, as Frank tells his Uncle "Is she losing it?" Floyd goes "She misses Ciarra, and she has her ways of thinking." Frank goes "I think she's smoked too much pot." Tenny sits next to her Great-Grandson, and asks "So how's things with Rachel Lane?" Brock goes "Gran, I really don't know. Henry's reaction and all messed with her." Tenny asks "Have you considered another woman?" Brock asks his Great-Grandmother "Do you know something?" Tenny sighs "Well maybe. I do live next door to the bastard child umm.." Brock answers "Connor Walsh." Tenny nods, and adds "I heard some things through my wall. They are thin." Brock tells her "I don't know how to react, and with Gracie's news.." Tenny goes "What news?" Brock checks his phone, and says "I need to go see Rachel." Tenny is quiet, as Brock rushes out, as Tenny gets up, and glares at Frank and Floyd, as she says to herself "Looks like another secret my kids are keeping from me."

      Back at Hell Hill, Xavier sits in his study, as he and Leigh hears the front door close, and the walk out. They head upstairs, where Gracie and Davey have both left. Leigh asks "She left with Davey. I thought she was going to be the smart one. Since Brock and Rachel are together, he was the surprise to me." Xavier reminds his Wife "But Gracie has bipolar, and after learning of her time in Valley Ridge, and that loser Logan Walsh, who plotted to steal HaleCorp from Ava, and the deal with Gracie.." Leigh adds "I think I know who it is." Xavier asks "I think it was a local from up there. Valley Ridge is a college town love. And Logan and this boy messed with her head after talking her off her meds." Leigh points over to a counter, and says "Come over here." They open a drawer under the counter, as they look through their Daughter's medicine, and Leigh goes "Wow! This expains it to me. Storm is hurting her and she's going to lose or already lost her damn mind!" Xavier makes a phone call, and puts it on speaker. At Beth and Tenny's Penthouse, Addie drinks some champagne, as Beth sits in a chair in the living room, as Addie points to her and says "Zap! Beth? Am I seeing.." Beth goes "All I smoke Addie. And also it helps me now with arthritis, and nerves. I hate giving medicine though sometimes I think it works. Addie sighs "I drank some on was that way when on the campaign trail. And Russell and I got distracted to it costing us both the election." Beth's phone rings, as she goes "Xavier.", and answers as she asks "Yes baby?" Xavier asks his Mother "Gracie's benzos are very low, and we know she drinks." Beth asks her Son "Well that's bad news. She has kept that from me. Think Storm's behind it?" Xavier tells his Mother on the phone "Possibly Mother." Beth says to him "Addie's here, and I'll be over later once your Grandma gets home." Beth hangs up, as at Hell Hill, Leigh gets nervous, and anger builds, as she yells "Storm is a bastard. And it's partly your fault X!" Xavier sighs "Leigh, I thought he was good, and I learned him after that thing with Samantha Hale when she went crazy after that shot she got." Leigh warns her Husband "You and I will deal with this! But you made a bad mistake bringing him to work here, and helping his release from Prison!" Xavier walks out, as Leigh is silent, and silently cries for her Daughter, and from concern for her family.

      At Chantel's, Aretha sits as she and her Mother have "dinner", as Willie says to her Daughter with a smile "I love this. We are keeping our family together and staying close to your Brother. His favorite place, I mean ours when we all used to do this. Next time invite Rashad and Gwen. Saves me the trouble of cooking our get togethers." Aretha laughs "Yes Mama, our family tradition." Willie tells Aretha "I'll share now, LaShawn is coming to visit us tonight. He's racing at the dirt track in the Summer Festival. It's for old drivers in racing, and Frank's in it too!" Aretha smiles "Oh that's music to my ears. Baby Boy I bet is going to love this. Does he know?" Willie goes "Nope. You know me and him are tight. He calls me all the time always time for his Great-Grandmother." Aretha slyly says "I know he and I don't talk often, he's a good young man. Rashad raised him well." Willie sighs "And if Terrance could of had that with Javon before Monica gave him the damn chance. He's gone because of that!" Aretha warns "Mama, there's gonna be no talk about that.! At City Hospital, Rashad is in his office, as he prepares to leave, and Gwen asks "What's going on tonight?" Rashad kisses her, and says "Door locked?" Gwen walks over, and goes "Now it is." Rashad begins to take off his closes, looking at Gwen, and the two of them passionately lay on his desk, as Gwen takes off her clothes, and jumps onto him, arms and legs wrapped around his body. At City Hospital, Ginny prepares to leave, as Connor asks her "So did they come in yet? Logan and I spoke, and he's still in a coma by the way, and no tests done." Ginny says "It will be late tonight-tomorrow, and I wrote a message to Aunt Beth as she can be a night-owl sometimes." Connor thanks her, and asks "Think you and Ruthie like to have dinner somewhere?" Ginny smiles, and says to her friend "I think that can be arranged. I'll call Ruthie." Connor says "Cantina Mansion". Ginny calls Ruthie, to no answer and leaves a text, smiling  "She and her Mom love that place!" Connor laughs "It is awesome." At Storm and Country's Cottage, Ruthie lays on the bed, as the door opens, and Storm goes "Oh wow!" Ruthie gasps, as Storm asks "Are you staying to watch the show?" Ruthie asks her new Uncle "What show?" Storm says "Anyone you want it to be," Ruthie puts back on her dress, and says "I just got an invite, so I'm off now. I'm sober enough after those drinks." Storm nods, and they laugh, as Ruthie dresses, and Storm puts on another pair of clothes, and says "Gracie had a fight with her parents. I'm off to The Sunset Club to see her and Davey." Ruthie sighs "Yeah, I meant to tell you." Storm says "Ahh shit, I understand. It was fast." Ruthie is quiet, as she looks at him, and leaves, and Storm follows, to The Sunset Club, and Ruthie drives to meet Ginny and Connor, and has her Aunt's Uncle on hers.

    At Rachel's Loft, where Brock now lives as well, Brock arrives, and sees a letter, addressed to him. He opens it, and goes "What?" Brock rushes out, in awe, and belief." Rachel meanwhile sits in her office at Jackson Media, and is silent, as she says to her with sadness and doubt "I am a coward, but I want my Son!" as she gets emotional and looks at a photo she has of him, and cries "He needs me, and I need him!" Jack walks inside, as Rachel hugs him, and goes "I want my Son Jack!" Jack consoles her, as Rachel breaks down into tears and cries for Henry Mathis. At the ALPD, Monica sits in her office, and Paul stops for a moment and asks "Anything else today?" Monica goes "Yes! Julia Landon's arrival." Paul walks in, and goes "She is under tight security. Diego Santiago is working for Xavier. Xavier confirmed it, and said Country should be back tomorrow." Monica tells him "Ok Paul. Go have a fun night with your Wife, and congrats about your Son making it a General in the army." Paul says "I sure will, and Dad should return soon. He's off on his cruise I forced on him." Monica laughs, as Paul leaves, and Monica sits and makes a phone call. At Chantel's Willie's phone rings, and Willie answers and in a hateful tone says "Go to hell you evil bitch! How dare you." Aretha gasps, as does Monica gasps "Willie I was just..." Willie snarls hatefully and angrily "You kept Javon from me. I never forgive that, nor forget." Monica says on the other line "Willie, Terrance and I broke up." Willie yells "Screw you Monica! Go back to hell and stay away from me or I'll fix your ass up very well and avenge my Son!" Willie hangs up, as Aretha grows worried, and says to a waiter "To go please." Willie gets up and goes Monica was the reason your Brother died, and can't you talk me out of it." Aretha takes a deep breath, and tells her gently "Go home and forget it Mama. You know what I mean," Willie says "I do, and I'll see the surprise." Willie leaves, and Aretha calls Ava. and Ava, sitting at The Sunset Club, says "Come down here and meet with me. I could use a friend." 

     At Paul and Summer's Home, Summer walks inside, as her Son greets her, as she goes "Look who I told?" Jason Hale, Summer's Son with Jared Hale, greets Bree, and says "Aunt Bree! I'm home from Valley Ridge!" They hug, as Summer says "You did so good too. My boy." Bree gets a text, and says "Aunt Ava called me. I must go. She might need me since you know, Winston passing away, Wade having that issue, a lot of shit." Summer says to her Sister "I understand Ava more now I work for her company she is silent in name at least. Summer laughs for a moment, and says "Send our love." Bree nods, as Jason says "Good to see you looking after Mom Aunt Bree. Thank you." Bree says "It's hard, but somebody's got to." Bree walks out, as Jason tells his Mother "I got an offer already, but it's Landon-Hale. But, Uncle Frank offered me a deal driving a car for him." Summer warns her Son "I told you to not race stock cars, and Cale runs that now from Southpoint Beach, and Allison and him divorced." Jason reminds her "Mom, I am doing what I want, and Ruthie filled me in. And if I see Jared Hale, I'm confronting his punk ass." Summer is silent, as she shakes her head with a smile, as she is proud, as he tells her "Mom, you made me tough. Thank you. But also wise." Summer says "At least I did a few things right I guess." Meanwhile Frank returns to The Farm, and Alyssa and Ty are in the living room, as they continue to fight as Ty yells "I told you already we are leaving!" Nothing here for you and you are a Daddy's Girl. Well that's why you get..." Ty hits his Wife, as he hears the door open, and Frank walks inside and goes "Ty Bonner, did you just do what I think?" Alyssa grows nervous, as Floyd holds her, and Ty said "Just a disagreement." Frank says "From joining up with Thorpe, and abusing my Daughter, good thing Country never got to know you." Ty warns his Former boss and Father In Law "Alyssa is my Wife, I am her Daddy. Get used to it." Frank quietly walks over, as Floyd tells his Grand Niece " Go over and dry off. He's about to get it." Floyd lets her go, and Alyssa runs to their bedroom and unlocks the door, and Frank delivers a left hook in Ty's face and yells "Boy, if I ever see you try to hurt my Daughter again, I will make sure you are buried under my pine tree out here! Do you understand me you son of a bitch? You are a traitor, and now beating my damn Daughter! No. Now get the hell out of her tonight.' Floyd aims his rifle, and adds "I might be up in years Ty, but this will take good care of you." Ty yells "Ok screw it. Logan always gave me a free room anyway at one of your unfortunate sponsors." Ty leaves, and Frank is silent, as Floyd tells his Nephew, you go be with Alyssa, and I'm calling Xavier for some help with him. He could help out." Frank tells him "Uncle Floyd, Call her real Mother, who she loves, Beth." Floyd nods, and Frank walks into Alyssa and Ty's Bedroom, and goes "Now my Son In Law is no longer welcome Alyssa." Alyssa cries "I can't..  I just..." Frank asks "Has he been hurting you. You fell, and once said you were modeling or trying out..." Frank holds his Daughter, assuring her as Alyssa cries into his arms "You are safe. Me and Uncle Floyd are here.

     At Hell Hill, Xavier and Leigh returns, as they look at each other, and asks "What are you plotting?" Xavier says "We have her tracked, I did it for my kids and grandkids to make sure they were safe. I know always where she is." Leigh hugs her Husband and says "You are a wonderful man my love, they come no better as perfect as you do Xavier David Jackson." Xavier and Leigh kiss tightly, and run upstairs, where once in their bedroom begin to make passionate love. At The Sunset Club, Gracie sets up Davey, and says "Now away from Hell Hill, we can have some peace, and your real Daddy can be around us since we are married now." Downstairs, Storm walks inside, as Ava notices him, and yells "Come here Storm." Storm walks over, as Aretha watches on "You are a piece of shit. Xavier just messaged me about Gracie. How dare you try to mess her up? I know you are a low life. A con." Storm warns Ava "You better watch your ass..." Ava pulls out her pistol, and says "I think you should remember if I could burn down a motel, and my own Sister's lovemaking session... what could I, a widow now, do to you?" Storm is silent, and heads upstairs, as Ava sits back down, and welcomes Aretha, and says "Bree will arrive shortly.", as they order drinks, as Ava tells her best friend "All of these to my Winston, and Terrance." Aretha says "Here Here!", as Ava remembers the man she loved, and Aretha remembers her Oldest Brother." with a tear in each's eye as they drink. At Whispering Hills meanwhile, a woman walks inside and takes a look around. At Connor's Penthouse, Connor waits for the results, and sends a text to Ginny. At City Hospital, Rashad and Gwen has finished making love, as Kyle walks in, and they put on robes, and Kyle laughs "The two of you man... wild!" Rashad boldly says "You did not see that!" Kyle laughs "I didn't see it, but looking around some freak shit to me." Gwen says "Oh be an adult." as she says "It was sure good though." Kyle tells Rashad "I have the results." Rashad, as Gwen and Kyle walk over to him, sitting at his desk, and opening the envelope, reads the results of the wine bottle, as Rashad looks at Gwen and Kyle, and says to Gwen, with results in hand "I have to tell him personally. See you at home Gwen." Gwen takes a deep breath, and shows disappointment before gaining her composure, as Kyle tells her "Yeah, I get it now why Bridget and Logan left town, but is there more to this?" Gwen answers "I'm just a nurse engaged to Rashad Evans. At Santiago Manor, a woman walks into a study, as a man tells her "This one is for another one. They all shall pay."

     

      

       

No comments:

Post a Comment