Friday, December 30, 2022

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 345. Strategies And Close Calls

    It's the next morning in Adam's Landing. At City Hospital in Xavier's room in ICU, Xavier is in a coma, as his Wife sits next to his bedside, holding his hand as Beth walks inside, and asks her Daughter In Law "Think you need to get some rest?" Leigh tells her Mother In Law, looking at her Husband "I sent the kids home, and Sully's bringing me a change of clothes." Beth sighs as she checks her Son's vitals "I slept in one of the reserved rooms." Beth checks Xavier's blood count, and tells Leigh "This is bad." Leigh goes with fear in her eyes "What is bad?" Beth goes as she tries to stay strong "He's still losing blood. We are going to have to talk later. His stomach is fragile, and I am scared really to operate." Leigh tells her "There are others here Beth." Beth quickly says "Leigh I am saying to you as a Doctor, your Mother nailed him in that AVM, and this surgery will change his life. I want to say he'd pull through, but..." Beth quickly gathers her emotions and says "I'll continue to monitor this, but get ready. Just get ready." Beth walks out, as she sends a text. In Xavier's room, Leigh looks at her Husband, with tears flowing from her eyes, and says in a trembling tone "You can't leave me X."

     At Hell Hill, Tenny sits in the kitchen, as Gracie walks inside, and Tenny tells her Great-Granddaughter "Beth just updated me. Not good." Gracie sighs "I just got a message from Gram too, and Sully should be here shortly." Floyd walks into the kitchen, and says "I went down to The Falcon and got us some breakfast." Tenny goes, along with Gracie "Not hungry." Floyd reminds them "Do not forget this is my Brother's Son we're taking about. He's survived a lot and will survive this too!" Outside, Sully arrives, and is on the phone with her Son, warning Cain "Stay away from your Dad. And if you see the son of a bitch, warn him to stay away from me!" Brock pulls up, and goes "Rachel's at the office." Sully nods, and says "Good. We have to have a family meeting." They walk inside, and Tenny greets her Great-Grandchildren with a hug, as Sully tells her Great-Grandmother "Grandma wants us to meet her at the hospital." Tenny reminds Sully "And a baby? Gracie has little David upstairs. Who's going to watch him?" Floyd and Gracie walks into the living room as everyone embraces each other with a hug, as Gracie asks her Sister "What type of family meeting Sully?" Sully goes "Mom is hurting right now. Daddy might not pull through." Tenny yells "Do not say that! Xavier will not die! He can't!" Tenny begins to get emotional, as Brock tells his Great-Grandmother "Dad's tough as it gets Gran. But.." Tenny yells with tears in her eyes "Your Gram has lost her best friend, and now Xavier is knocking on the gates of heaven?" The door opens, as Alyssa walks inside, and Floyd tells them "I called Alyssa to help with Davey." Tenny turns and snarls "What is that bastard's spawn doing watching my Grandchild?" Gracie goes "Gran, we have to go down to the Hospital! Cool it!" Sully adds "No time to fight old wars because we have a new one brewing." Tenny goes "Well I'm staying here!" Alyssa assures Gracie "It's fine. I can handle Granny." Tenny snaps "I'm not your Granny!" Floyd tells them "Me too. Keep us updated." Sully, Brock, and Gracie walk out, as all of them take a deep breath, as they head to City Hospital. 

    Across the road at Whispering Hills, Ava hangs up the phone, as Wade walks inside with Bree, as Bree asks her Aunt "How's Xavier faring? Uncle Frank just told me it was critical." Wade also is interested, as Ava says to her Niece and Step-Grandson "I am staying updated in case they need me. Jack is down at the office, and I'm trying to figure things out." Bree goes "About Faith? Jack mentioned that to me." They walk into the study, as Ava goes "Well I'll deal with it when its time. I don't want to really talk about it." Wade changes subjects, as he goes "We need to talk about HaleCorp's future. Bridget wants it." Bree adds "I've read up everything and she cannot do that." Ava pours a drink, and goes "Now this is just what I wanted to hear. She wants to take my Husband's company because Wade chose his legacy. I guess she'll disown her Son with what's in the works." Wade tells her "Ava, we're going to place a hold on the merge. She will not hurt our Son." Bree asks "Are you sure Wade? From what I have learned, the two of you have a love hate type of marriage." Wade motions Ava, as she pours him a glass of whiskey, and herself, as she tells them "Bridget will do whatever she can to get her claws back into Wade. She has never liked Winston, me, or any of us. A little uptight whore in my book!" Wade sighs, and takes a drink and nods, as Bree tells Ava "Dad just sent me a text. I've gotta go. Keep me up with anything you hear about Xavier." Ava hugs her Niece, as Bree runs out and Ava tells Wade "So you are taking Uncle Floyd's old place and settle in. And you are set. Bridget does not have any idea who she's about to take on. She's got a double coming her way." They pour another glass, and chat in a secretive tone.

     At Coffeeteria, Summer sits as she drinks coffee and reads an update on Xavier, as her Father walks in and says "I want to make a post in The Exposer. Expose what is in store for Xavier and Leigh. I'm about to teach a lesson they'll never forget." Summer gasps "Are you crazy Dad? No I will not!" Rachel overhears them, and asks "So what's the agenda Governor Marx? Going to send a dying man and a Daughter who's gone through hell to jail to heal, well if one does. I am warning my fiancé of this right now! It will help you good!" Summer looks at Rachel, and warns "Do not do that Rachel.." Rachel pulls out her phone, as Russell tells his Daughter "Get her!" Rachel calls Javon, who sits at Jackson Inc in his office, and goes "Beth has called a family meeting." Summer slaps the phone from Rachel, and stomps it, as Rachel snarls "Summer, you will not go after me, you'll regret it, and lose it all! Mark those damn words. Good thing my memory works! Good day Governor." Russell looks at his Daughter, as he tells her "I likely am losing. And when I return to being a lawyer, I am making them pay for shit like this!" Summer goes to her Father "I hope you have room when you do Dad." At Jackson Inc, Javon sits in his office, as Rachel borrows someone's phone outside, and says "Ran into someone. Filled them in and wants some airtime. Big time!" Javon goes "I'll have everyone ready!" They hang up, as Rachel smiles "Ms. Adeline Gore. The famous writer, and the owner of Gore's in Unity now." Adeline, goes "Call me Addie Rachel. I go back with Xavier's family and Russell has his career in Capital City in a dumpster fire." Rachel goes as they head to Jackson Inc "It will be dosed today." Addie says "I really hate doing this as I'm simple and from what I've kept up with, as I called Beth this morning. We are dear friends." Rachel goes "I trust you, and love your history. Very inspirational. A elementary school teacher, author, and soon Governor. The dream." They leave, as Addie smiles "Not a dream Rachel, it's been faith and being called to serve."

     At the ALPD, Monica and Paul are inside her office, as Russell sends Monica a text, and says "He wants Julia released! What is wrong with this man?" Paul goes "Dad's in the visitation room now with two people." Monica asks "Who?" Paul goes "All he said was cameras off." In the visitation room, Julia is walked inside handcuffed, as Country, Ruthie, and Cain stand on the other side, as Country tells her "Took you long enough. Meet X's Grandkids. The ones who might not see their Papaw survive, because of you!" Cain gets emotional, as his Sister assures him "Grandpa is strong and will survive I am sure!" Country asks Julia with tears "You shot my best friend, and who I consider a Brother. His Wife, your Daughter, is down there at the hospital crying her eyes out!" Julia is silent, emotionless, as she coldly asks "And I am supposed to feel anything? And I am going to make them regret killing Daniel. Leigh and her lies.." Ruthie yells "I am warning you. If my Grandpa dies, you will too!" Cain cries, as Country adds "Your ass will be in my care, where your piece of shit Husband took his last breath!" Bobby walks inside, and Julia goes "Now leave me alone. I want to speak to my lawyer!" Bobby tells Country "Keep calm." Ruthie tells her Brother "You and I are going down to the hospital together." Cain nods, and Country hugs Xavier's grandchildren, along with Bobby, and they leave as Bobby asks Julia "Found a lawyer yet?" Julia goes "Screw you." Bobby laughs "I am now a part time judge. I am sure I'll be taking care of you..." Bobby walks out, as Julia rolls her eyes and taken back to her solitary cell.

     Meanwhile at Landon Hale, Thorpe sits in his office, as his Brother, Niece, and Nephew walk inside, as Clint's Son, Cole walks in and says "We're home Uncle Thorpe!" Clint goes "Our power in town will continue to grow to surpass anything the almighty X has in mind. If he was shot, that company will be in trouble." Thorpe snaps "Stop that shit now Clint!" Callie is quiet, as she has her phone turned on and Logan listens on the other line, as he turns it off, also at Landon Hale, awaiting his Mother's arrival. Back in Thorpe's office, Thorpe yells "I don't want to hear this shit!" as Cole quips "He might die, and then that company will fall." Clint tells his Son, and Daughter "Let's just leave Thorpe be. He's not himself." Thorpe goes "Good, and yeah little Brother, I'm very much myself. I just know what I know now that you will learn the hard way, and Jared and Bridget!" In Bridget's Office, Logan walks in as Bridget hangs up with Connor, and hugs her Son, as Jared walks in and Logan asks "So tell me what this is? Round two? I am feeling bad right now for Dad." Bridget goes "Logan he had a choice.." Logan looks at his Uncle and snaps "Did you help him make it sleeping with this piece of shit!" Jared gets angry, as Bridget tells her Son angrily "No! We are only working together!" Logan goes "I am not going to let you hurt Dad! I am going to work for him, and I am on his side if this is what it is Mom!" Bridget gasps "I am your Mom! Your Dad is going through one of his many phases." Jared is silent, as Logan yells at him "Get out of here!" Jared tells Bridget "I'll be outside." Logan warns his Mother "You remotely try to hurt Dad, I'll make sure I burn this bridge down!" Bridget sadly asks "Do you mean this?" She says "I have not cheated on him Son." Logan goes "You and Jared always find a way back, and I hope when you find Dad again, he tells you where to go. I sure as hell will!" Logan storms out, as Bridget cries, and Jared walks in, and they hug, as he consoles her as she says "He hates me."

     Back at City Hospital, Storm walks into Xavier's room in the ICU, as Leigh has changed clothes, and tells him "The kids will be in shortly after talking to Beth." Storm asks "What kinda surgery is going on?" Leigh says with her voice getting trembly "He'll have to have part of his stomach removed. My Mother has hurt this great man, and Beth said not to get too excited. She is scared, and.. and.." Leigh cries, as Storm hugs her and says "Leigh, he hears you. And you need to stay strong. Your Dad is dead. And Xavier always comes back." In Beth's office, Beth tells Sully, Brock, and Gracie of the surgery about to be performed on their Father, as Kyle, Sassy, and Gwen walk inside and Beth goes "Now all of you go down and tell him you love him. This is major surgery, and I sure wish Mama would have came down, but she's scared I know." They nod, as Beth hugs her Grandchildren, and looks at her staff, and says "Time to save my Son!" They head to the ICU. At Whispering Hills, Ava sits in the living room, as she drinks another glass of whiskey, and Frank walks in and asks his Sister "Think we need to be down at the hospital?" Ava goes "I can't. Too much on my mind with learning my Daughter is alive, and here in Adam's Landing!" Frank tells his Sister "I am shocked about it. She does look like Mama, and kinda acts like her some." Ava says somberly "I am so torn right now. I don't know what to do." Frank goes "We need to be there for Xavier's kids, as this is going to be a risky operation." Ava says to him "I'm sitting this one here. You go." Frank nods, and asks "Keep an eye on things across the road. Alyssa is there with Tenny." Ava nods, as Frank heads out, and Ava soon follows, and has a thought.

      At Hell Hill, Tenny sits inside the nursery, and holds her Great-Grandson, as she tells him "Your Grandpa is such a strong man and he loves you, and all of his babies. He won't leave you without a fight." Alyssa walks in, and goes "Faith is here." Tenny looks at Alyssa, and tells her "You are a good girl." Alyssa is in shock, and says "Something right for once." Tenny goes "Only in private." Tenny heads downstairs, where Faith awaits and Floyd tells Faith "I just want to warn you Tenny's not herself." Faith goes "I want to know some things." Tenny walks downstairs and says "Oh your DNA?" Faith tells her "Let me see it. I am done with that bitch. I'm just floored. I don't know anything it seems." Tenny goes "Well one thing is certain, you are my Granddaughter, and you and Xavier are cousins. So you and Leigh need to bond." Tenny opens her purse, and hands Faith a copy, as Faith goes "So my parents were married. A and A Sullivan." Tenny shakes her head, and says "That was to protect them. Allan is your Dad, and Ava's your Mother. They had a one night stand, and neither at the time were ready to raise a child." Faith asks "So what does all of this mean?" Tenny sits Faith down, and looks at her, as Floyd also takes a seat and tells Faith "Ava and Allan know I found you. The door is open for you to get away from that bitch Julia, and truly have your family you so deserve. I promise your adopted Mama will pay." Faith cries, as Tenny opens her arms, and Faith hugs her Grandmother, as Tenny goes "It's Gran so you know." Tenny holds her, as Floyd gets emotional, watching them begin to bond.

     At HaleCorp, Wade walks into his office, as he makes a phone call to his Son, and Logan, sitting in Chantel's, with Callie tells his Father "I'm on your side all the way." Wade tells him "Thank you Son. And Ava wants to meet you." Logan tells his Father "She will soon I promise." and hangs up, as Callie goes "That was a mess down there." Logan asks his girlfriend "So now I ask you what side you're on?" Callie asks "Is neutral ok with you? I am helping Addie Gore right now win against Russell Marx." Logan kisses her, and says "I am ok with it." At Jackson Inc, Jack walks inside Rachel's office, as Javon sits and Rachel tells them "Addie Gore overheard Russell. We're about to score one for the boss." Jack smiles "Uncle Xavier will love this. I hope he makes it." Javon quips "He's survived a lot of shit Jack. He's strong as hell and not one to give up." Rachel agrees. In the WAL news room, Addie tells the news anchor "Russell Marx is a corrupt man and I know he wants to hurt Adam's Landing. I got this straight from the jackass' mouth!" At The Exposer, Bree sits inside Summer's office, as they watch the TV, as Summer goes "Are they hiring at Jackson Inc?" Bree tells her Sister "I hope you see what power has done to your Father." Summer sadly sighs "Just as corrupt as our Mother." Bree sighs "He will be humbled. Just try not to get too close, and stay away from him right now." Summer tells her "I think it would be best to keep this job." At the ALPD, Russell walks into Monica's office, where Bobby and Paul sit, and Country has been updated and laughs with anger "So you want a visit to the ol storm shelter too huh?" Russell yells "I want Julia Woods released now!" Bobby tells Russell "Go to hell Russell. She is paying." Russell asks Monica "Comfortable? I promise I will be all of your worst nightmare if Addie beats me." Country gets up, and says "Keep talking. I might have to record some of this." with a smirk. In Julia's cell, where she is in solitary confinement, she paces and says with anger "I will destroy you Leigh, and your kids and grandkids will hate you and that bastard and his family!"

     At City Hospital, Frank walks into the private waiting room, as Ruthie and Cain watches the TV, and Frank looks and goes "Russell has always been a sorry piece of shit. And she is gonna clean his plow!" Ruthie and Cain look at each other, as all watch on. Storm walks out and tells them "Everyone's on their way out here shortly." Inside Xavier's room in the ICU, Sully, Brock, and Gracie all tell their Father how much they love him, as Leigh tells their children "He needs to know so he makes it." Beth, Kyle, Sassy, and Gwen arrive, and Beth hugs her Daughter In Law, and Grandchildren, and says "Here we go." Sassy and Gwen wheel Xavier out and take him to the OR, as Beth walks next to Kyle, and tells him "I miss Terrance right now." Kyle goes "We all do Dr. B." Beth feels a presence, one of peace and says "He's with us, and I know my Son will survive." At Whispering Hills, Ava is on the phone and says "My name is Felicia, her Mom." Ava takes another drink of whiskey, as Bridget answers from her office at Landon Hale and goes "Hey Mom!" Ava warns "I lied whore. Wade just sent me a message, and let me know what you are wanting. You picked a war you will lose." Bridget yells "You think I am weak, but I'll have that precious HaleCorp for Jared. And you'll answer to me." Ava hangs up, as Bridget sits back with a smile, as Ava sits back, and pulls out her lighter, and sets a piece of paper on fire, with anger in her eyes. At Landon Hale, Jared is in Clint's office, as Clint tells Jared "Cole will help us out greatly in our plans. We're buying Gore's Department Store. It's public." Jared tells them "I need some space.", and walks out, as he has a flashback, and gets emotional, and pulls out his phone. In Thorpe's office, Luke walks in and asks his Father "So Russell asked me to represent Julia..." Thorpe warns his Son "I'll disown your ass if you do!" Back at City Hospital, Leigh walks into the private waiting area, with Sully, Brock, and Gracie by her side, as she hugs her kids tightly. Storm sees Gracie, and their eyes meet. In the OR, Beth, Kyle, Sassy, and Gwen are prepped, as Beth warns all of them "No mistakes!" They begin surgery, as Beth looks at her Son, and kisses him on his head and says "Mama's going to save you." 

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment