Sunday, August 21, 2022

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 336. Back To Basics, Part 1

 Its been three months since we were last in Adam's Landing, and many storylines were beginning to unfold. A woman had arrived in town that was yet to be revealed. Dr. Rivera had been exposed to be Escobar Santiago. More was starting to unfold. Now we bring D&D back, three months later. Some stories will end abruptly, and others will flourish, and begin. We now return to Daylight And Darkness, three months later. Buckle up!


     At Hell Hill, Xavier sits inside his study, as he drinks a bottle of whiskey, as he gets a text, and replies "Good. Music to my ears.", as Leigh walks inside and tells her Husband "So what happened?" Xavier smiles, and says to his Wife "Well I took care of our problem with The Gossiper." Leigh goes with a grin "How did you do that X?" Xavier tells his Wife "I sent Berry and her Mother packing up and leaving town. They played with fire with that story, and then when they went after Ava.. I had some help." Leigh is curious and goes "I never liked Berry. Her Mother was nice though." Xavier tells his Wife "I'm thankful Thorpe heeded my warning." Leigh warns him "He may have, but that bitch he's married to never listens." Xavier reminds her "My love, she went back home." Leigh goes "But that last story on Ava's past? You know nothing will keep her out to town.." Xavier smiles "If she does, then the ball is in your court." Across the road at Whispering Hills, Ava walks inside, as Jack follows his Mother, and asks "Mom I want to know about..." Ava turns around and snaps "Leave it alone Jack! It was years ago!" Ava goes into the living room, and pours a drink, and asks her Son "So what have you decided about Samantha?" Jack sighs with disgust "Mom, Escobar made her catatonic. Victoria gave me her blessing to move on. It's so hard though." Ava assures her Son "At least now J.J. knows what's going on, and I'm never going to find someone else. You are still young though Son." Jack asks "Are you going down to confront Berry?" Ava smiles and says "I don't have to. Aretha and Eve bought her and Doris out, with some help from us. I now own part of it, and suffice to say, Bridget's done burned her bridges." Ava tells Jack "Now go down to the office. I need to pay a few visits since returning home from the islands." They head out.

     At Landon-Hale, Jared walks into Clint's office, as Clint welcomes him, and sighs "Well we lost on our attempt to go after Xavier and Jackson Inc." Jared grins "Not exactly. The Gossiper was just a tabloid. We can do some shit under the table." Clint warns "We need to figure out how to go after that company. A media division?" Jared asks "Why not get friendly with Aretha and Eve? Bridget is on our side." Clint is quiet, and goes "Let me think on that.", and walks out as Jared gets a phone call and yells "Damn!" At Thorpe's Mansion in Downtown Adam's Landing, Thorpe walks in, as he yells "I told your ass to stay out of sight!" Thorpe's Wife yells back "I am back and not going anywhere! My favorite Daughter is in town. So you can deal with it!" Thorpe rolls his eyes, as his Wife says "And also, I will go visit my other Daughter, and whatever comes from it, well it comes." She leaves, and Thorpe pours a drink and snarls "Damnit Julia! I wish you heeded my warning, but no you never listen." At The Falcon, a woman works as a waitress, and gets a text, and goes "Oh hell.."

    At The Gossiper, Aretha walks inside, as Bridget greets her, and Aretha snaps "You might not want to kiss up to me. I am now your boss and I don't like kissing up." Bridget tells her "That story on Ava was the biggest seller yet!" Aretha yells "Ava is more than my best friend Bridget, she is family! Nobody hurts my family!" Bridget quips "Well apparently Ava's family pulled some stunts and got Berry and Doris out of town.." Aretha smiles "And now I own this company, and Eve, and..." Bridget goes "No..." Aretha snaps "Yes! Ava now holds a percentage!" Bridget yells "That was a dirty move." Aretha warns Bridget "Now go back to your office, and leave me alone before I give you your pink slip." Bridget walks away, as Willie walks in and Aretha tells her Mother "Eve's on her way home from Vegas. We're making the announcement tomorrow on the name change." Willie tells her Daughter "Monica's still in town. Why did she not follow?" Aretha goes "Mama, her Son works for Xavier, and she's on our side. She supported the decision." Willie smiles, and warns "I want to meet Javon." Aretha asks "Does my Brother know? Javon's moving to town to work at Jackson Inc's media division." Willie sighs "I have not heard from Terrance in a few days." Aretha goes "Me neither Mama. Not like him." Willie tells her "I'm going to see Beth. She might know something. I'm glad I never have to worry about that old bitch again." Aretha reminds her "Berry was a snake, but not her Mother." Willie quips "Aretha, she learned from her. Now I'm off to see Beth." Willie leaves, as Aretha calls Terrance, to no answer.

    At City Hospital, Beth sits in her office, as Rashad walks inside and Beth asks "Where is your Uncle? He's not answered his phone." Rashad sighs "I am worried about him. He ran into Monica the other day, and no word since." Beth takes a deep breath, and tells Rashad "They have history." Rashad goes "I have heard." Beth changes subjects and asks "How's things with you and Gwen?" Rashad tells her "She and I are taking it slow. She's very shy." Beth smiles, and says "I think before too long the two of you will be picking up the pace. When I see her, she gushes when I mention you." Rashad smiles, and walks out, as Beth calls Terrance, to no answer, and says "Not like you not to answer." At the nurse's station, Ginny and nurse Gwen Reed talk, as Gwen asks "Dr. Stone, has things gotten better between your Mom and Dad?" Ginny tells her "I would like to say they have, but I don't think so." Gwen tells her in a sad tone "That's too bad. I'm sorry." Ginny goes "I hope they can work it out but it's doubtful." Gwen gets a page and leaves, as Ginny checks her phone and gets a text, as she begins to cry. 

    Meanwhile at The Falcon, Sully and Ruthie meets up with Tenny, as she goes "Oh my two sweet grandgirls! Lunch is on me." Sully asks her Great-Grandmother "So you have started to hang out here often." Tenny tells them "They have great food. Reminds me of an old place J.D. and I used to go to in Blue Ridge years ago." A waitress walks over and asks Tenny "Your usual?" Tenny nods, and Sully and Ruthie tells her what they want, as the waitress walks off, and Tenny asks them "Does she look familiar to you?" Ruthie goes "Gran, she has your natural hair color." Sully nods, as she gets another text from Jared, and sighs "Damn!" Ruthie asks "Cain?" Sully nods, and goes "He got kicked out of school. I guess I'm going to have to go pick him up. I don't want Jared to arrive first." Tenny snarks "Yeah, he'll convert him." Sully goes "He's had his issues. Daddy hasn't helped much." Tenny goes "Xavier wants Cain to know the side of the family well, to side with. Not with a sperm donor." Sully hugs her Daughter, and Great-Grandmother, saying "I need to go check up on him now before Jared does." Sully leaves, as Ruthie goes "I think I have a crush on someone Gran." Tenny goes "Oh who?" Ruthie says "Brock set me up with his best friend Henry Mathis." Tenny smiles and says "Oh good! He comes from great stock." The waitress returns, as Tenny asks her "Are you an adopted child?" The waitress goes "No. Why are you always trying to get in my business Tenny?" Tenny shrugs "I'm just curious." The waitress walks away, as Tenny whispers to Ruthie "I have a feeling about her." Ruthie asks "What kind of feeling?" Tenny says "I'm not ready to say yet until my feelings are confirmed."

     At Jackson Inc, Jack walks inside Rachel's office, as Wade sits inside, and Jack warns Wade and Rachel "I hope to God the two of you were not behind that story by The Gossiper!" Wade yells "I am angry as hell my Wife was behind it!" Rachel adds "Jack, your Mom and I have never got along, but I am not that dumb to go that low, and I never knew it." Jack goes "Shit, I didn't know about it either until Mom filled me in." Wade shakes his head, and says "Bridget has never let the past go. Connor's still got his job at City Hospital, but Ava..." Jack goes "Mom and I both don't trust him after working with Escobar Santiago." Rachel tells them "Connor wouldn't know. He's naïve." Wade laughs "He teamed up with the wrong person. I scolded his ass too. Bridget though defended him and went to work for DuBois!" Rachel tells Wade "We'll discuss it tonight if you'd like. Brock and I are going on a double date. Want to come?" Wade accepts, and walks out, as Jack asks Rachel "Are you really sure you didn't help Bridget write about my Mom?" Rachel goes "I am not out for revenge anymore Jack. And I heard about Samantha. I'm so sorry." Jack goes "I'm going up to my office. Don't get any ideas." Jack leaves, as Rachel gets a text from Doris, and Rachel says to herself "So sorry you have such a selfish bitch for a Daughter."

     Back at Hell Hill, Leigh has left, and Xavier greets Bobby and Monica, as he asks Monica "So tell us where your loyalty is. Remember your Son works for me." Monica tells Xavier "My loyalty is to Javon, and my job as DA. I never liked Berry anyway. Just like her Brother. Now Doris was just collateral damage. She couldn't see it." Xavier tells them "Now that Berry is gone, if she returns to town, she is to be locked up and sent to Lexington." Monica takes a deep breath, as Xavier asks "Want Javon to be collateral damage?" Bobby goes "Xavier, remember..." Xavier looks at Monica, and says "His bloodline saves him. But think of your position, and how quickly it can change." Bobby adds "Xavier's the most powerful man in town. He has his ways." Monica yells "I am out of the company now! Berry and Doris left and not coming back, and let it go." Xavier goes "Nobody writes about my family and gets away with it. So they are gone. Good riddance." Xavier gets a text from Sully, and tells them "I'll talk to both of you later. Tell Javon to come over when he arrives tonight." Monica nods, as she leaves, and Bobby asks Xavier "So how is Ava handling everything." Xavier grins "She now owns part of the company. It's good enough for her she said." Bobby says with relief  "That's good. I'm off to visit my Son and Daughter In Law now. I'll be watching Monica." Xavier nods, and returns to his study, as Bobby leaves, and Xavier makes a phone call, asking "Found him yet?"

    At Landon-Hale, Clint sits inside his office, as he gets a phone call and goes "Well then. Sounds like everything is going according to plan." Clint hangs up, as Thorpe walks inside and tells his Brother "Julia returned." Clint goes "I hope you told her to stay away from Xavier and his deranged family." Thorpe says "I was not lucky there. She's dead set on knowing her family." Clint rolls his eyes and goes "It's going to bite her in the ass." Thorpe agrees, as he pours them a drink, as Clint tells him "Well big brother, I have something in motion to test Sully and Jackson Inc. They will be busy." Thorpe asks "What are you plotting?" Clint fills him in, as Thorpe's eyes widen and he says "You best pray it works." At Jared's Loft, Sully arrives, and bluntly tells her Ex-Husband "We are going together to pick up our Son!" Jared snaps "He is living with me, and I'll train him to take over whenever I decide to retire from Landon-Hale like the almighty one has done at Jackson Inc! Sully yells "Look bastard, he is our Son, so he has a choice. He will make his own choice where and what he wants to do!" Jared warns her "If your Father gets involved, I'll fix that forever." Jared pulls out a pistol, as Sully also pulls out a pistol, and goes "Try and see what happens you son of a bitch. Now let's go pick up Cain, and he's staying with me!" They leave, as they argue.

    At City Hospital, Beth walks out of her office, as Willie follows and Beth tells Willie "You and I both are worried about Terrance. Want to go check up on him?" Willie tells Beth "Yes. I don't wanna go over there by myself. Aretha is busy trying to work on that company, and she has enough on her hands. Rashad has enough going on.." They head to Terrance's Home. At the nurse's station, Gwen sits as Rashad walks up and asks "So I had an idea. Want to go have dinner with me tonight?" Gwen gets up, as she and Rashad kiss, and says "I would love that Doc." Ginny watches, as she gets a text. At The Gossiper, Bridget sits inside her office, as Aretha and Ava walks inside, and Ava snarls "You bitch. How DARE you publish my past to the world!" Bridget smugly goes "Well Ava, I thought you were down on the islands helping the old man remember you.." Ava slaps Bridget across the face, as Bridget looks at Aretha, as she goes "Sorry, you had that one coming." Ava yells angrily "Do you realize what you have done?" Bridget says "You would not dare cross me. I am married to Wade." Ava goes "For now. I have had enough of you, and your Son." Bridget snarls "Don't you talk about Connor..." Ava walks over, and warns Bridget "I have your pink slip bitch. I now own part of this, so your fired!" Ava storms out, as Bridget gasps "What the hell?" Aretha looks at her and says "You heard her. Now pack your shit and be gone by the time I return!" Aretha walks out, as Ava stands in the hall, and asks Aretha "Have anyone else contacted you?" Aretha goes "Thankfully not." Ava sighs "This part of my life I want to forget. I thought I had." 

      

      


    

    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment