Monday, December 3, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 65. Playing The Game

  Xavier is sitting on a stool beside his late wife Leigh's grave in Blue Ridge.Shortly after seeing Desi earlier at Hell Hill and the two of them having a discussion on each's perspective lives,Xavier has left to visit her grave.He sits there with a bouquet of white roses and bends down in slight pain,laying the roses on her headstone.He tells her somberly"I've returned to thank you."Xavier's silent for the most part,having flashbacks to his time with Leigh.He wipes a tear from his eye and bends down and kisses her headstone and tells her"No matter what I do or where I go my love,you'll always be with me.He then walks away,and heads to the airport to return home to Hell Hill.
  At Northbrook,Winston is in his study and the servant informs him"Ms.Lane is here to see you."Winston is shocked and asks Desi in a mocking tone"However did you find me?Rodney didn't come home?"Desi briefly has a flashback to talking to Xavier earlier in the day"(Xavier:If you want to make Winston cave,hold his throne over him.Desi:How do I do that?Xavier gives Desi a faux deed to FoodStar)Desi tells Winston"Rodney never returned to town.I'd think you'd know by the trash Aretha Evans writes that we're getting divorced."Winston pretends to be surprised and replies back"Why would he want to return to a place where everyone wants him dead?"Desi shows Winston a letter she received from "Rodney"and tells Winston"I was married to Rodney for many years and I can say for sure he couldn't write this well."Winston sits back in his chair and laughs,telling Desi"I saved poor Rodney's life."He then shrugs and says"He's better off now."Desi stares at Winston intently and then proposes a deal"If you quit playing games with me Winston,I may just give you something you've been dying for?"Winston perks up and asks"And what might that be Desi?"She then shows him the faux deed to Foodstar"You tell me where Rodney is and I'll give you Foodstar."
  In Adam's Landing,Brock Jr,Tommy,and Aaron are in the visitation room and Brock Jr tells them"We may need to be prepared.I don't want what happened to Rodney to happen to us."Beth walks in and coldly tells all of them"You think it's bad with Xavier and Ava,you haven't seen a damn thing yet you useless pieces of gutter-trash.!"She tells the guard outside"I want to talk to Aaron alone!"Brock Jr and Tommy are carried out and then it's Beth and Aaron,sitting across the table from each other.Aaron begins to asks Beth"How did the meeting..."Beth snaps"There was no meeting AARON PITTMAN!"She loses it and tears him a new one yelling"You killed a patient "Dr.Kilgore".This will destroy City Hospital and it will affect everyone Aaron!Everyone!"Aaron is silent and mumbles"It's not my fault Beth."Beth reaches across the table and slaps Aaron and grabs him up out of his chair,pushing him against the wall,telling him in a cold calculated tone of voice"I worked my whole life to get to where I am.I went to college,I earned what I got.I knew you wasn't a doctor to start with because I know Dr.Daniel Kilgore.You conspired with the wrong people against the wrong bitch.And I'd suggest you make yourself at home."Aaron yells"Brock Jr and Jamie paid me to steal his identity to work at the hospital.They wanted me to help them get B.R's estate!"Beth looks at him and sternly tells him"All of you have lost too and if I lose my career over this or any of my staff,You best be making plans for your funeral."Beth walks out and the guard takes Aaron back to his cell.Once Aaron returns to his cell Brock Jr and Tommy laughs about the hand-print on Aaron's face,Aaron doesn't find it funny and tells all of them"If I go down,you will too."
  Back at Northbrook.Winston's eyes are wide as Desi shows him the deed to his beloved Foodstar and in a flirting manner tells him"All you have to do is tell me where Rodney is and you get back what's rightfully yours Mr.Hale."Winston is suspicious and asks Desi"How did you get the deed to my company.Did you steal this from Xavier?"Desi smiles and says"X's been very generous since he nearly lost his life."Winston is silent and Desi sticks to the subject,asking once again"Where is Rodney?"She holds the deed and acts like she's about to rip it to shreds.Winston gets scared and begins to cave.He tells Desi,faking sympathy"I hate to tell you this but Rodney's gone."Desi asks him"What do you mean by gone?"Winston sighs and tells Desi"Ava knows the answer."Desi doesn't buy it and tells him sternly"I'll find out Winston and I just hope that my children still has a father or else Ava won't be the only one you'll have to fear.Desi,fuming with anger,shows him the faux deed to Foodstar and rips it apart and tells him"You'll regret this.I promise you that ."Desi storms out and Winston makes a phone call.
  Xavier returns to Hell Hill and finds his daughter Sully and Ruth waiting for him.Sully asks her father"Where did you and Desi go?"Xavier hugs Sully and Ruth and tells them"Desi went to seek truth and I went to Blue Ridge to visit Leigh's grave."They are relieved and Xavier asks them"Where's Mother?"Beth's at the airport,telling the pilot"We're going to Southpoint Beach.Beth then says to herself"It's time that these bastards pay for the damage they've done.And they will."Desi's flying back to Adam's Landing and has a flashback to many years ago and has a thought that makes her say to herself"I have a feeling this is not going to be good."Meanwhile a fisherman is fishing out in the river and he makes a catch,he pulls it up to find a dead body and it's the corpse of Rodney Barr.

No comments:

Post a Comment